Chelsea Vs Arsenal (FA Cup Final) 27/05 2017 KO 17:30 GMT

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

4 minutes ago, Chelsbear said:

Yes they can....ronaldo has bailed Real out more times than I can count. He's a big game player 

I cant agree with that tbh, each to their own but Hazard has let us down on many occasions like this IMO. He's a special player but he will never truly be the best or one of them until he can show more consistency and win finals like this. 

Hes had a very good season but he can do so much more but you get the feeling he is holding back like so many other footballing people have pointed out. 

I obviously am a big fan of hazard, however I've said many times he might not be the best fit for chelsea when we talk about a player on his level, obviously a player that good always improves you, but for example, he has again today been linked with a swap for bale, and for a counter attacking team, we would, I think, be better served by Bail...as long as he keeps fit. Hazard would fit much better in a team like city who want to move the ball around more, we play best on the break and he is great on the break but a player like bail is more suited to that type of play, again he is a wonderful player, I just feel, if honest, he would flourish elsewhere, 16 goals is his best season and it's still not his potential, hate to lose him, but if we got Bale i could live with it. 

I am very disappointed, that was a disgraceful performance and a worry for next season.Players showed one more time the same bad attitude on the pitch as in the previous year under Mourinho.

Hazard was nonexistent, for the player the thinks he is he disappears way to often in big games. In fact no one played well today, I just think is an absolute shame to make it all the way to the final and then put such an indifferent performance.

We need some competition in this team, they showed one more time the same complacency that took us down to 10th in EPL.

4 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Hazard brings it on himself. He talks the talk but he needs to walk the walk so to speak. 

He gives these interviews about competeting for the Ballon D'Or and being up there as a trophy winner the way JT was with us.

I'm sorry but he's a million miles from the likes of Ronaldo & Messi in that running, and he's a fair bit behind the players like Suarez and if people can't see that I'd argue that they're biased. He's a brilliant player but he's not of that level, so if he's going to come out with these interviews he needs to back it up on the pitch.

As for the JT part,  I just can't see Eden putting his body on the line the way JT has time and time again in a Chelsea shirt & the sheer desire to win, maybe he'll prove me wrong in that regard but at the moment I just don't see it.

To be fair he is the most fouled player in the league and never moans, Hazard takes some punishment, plus he is a 5'8 flair player not a 6'2 CB, I think he has served us well, last season I beleive he was carrying an injury, but if we want to talk about clu commitment you'll never get a player like JT there isn't a comparison 

2 minutes ago, DonAntonio said:

I obviously am a big fan of hazard, however I've said many times he might not be the best fit for chelsea when we talk about a player on his level, obviously a player that good always improves you, but for example, he has again today been linked with a swap for bale, and for a counter attacking team, we would, I think, be better served by Bail...as long as he keeps fit. Hazard would fit much better in a team like city who want to move the ball around more, we play best on the break and he is great on the break but a player like bail is more suited to that type of play, again he is a wonderful player, I just feel, if honest, he would flourish elsewhere, 16 goals is his best season and it's still not his potential, hate to lose him, but if we got Bale i could live with it. 

Bale of the past maybe I'd have loved him here but the guy is made of glass now, I'd pass, would rather Assensio

At the start of the season I did not expect us to be crowned as champions, but we have the medals. I was really hoping for Conte's sake that he would win the double in his first season in PL, but the players have let him down by already being mentally on holiday on a beach somewhere. And that is a real shame.

Just now, EdinburghBlue said:

Bale of the past maybe I'd have loved him here but the guy is made of glass now, I'd pass, would rather Assensio

Yea he has suffered with injuries, but so did Diego, not anymore, we have by far teh best medical team in the league we suffer less injuries than anyone Thank God and even manage to let injury prone players heal up, in fact only time we get injuries is after the international break. 

42 minutes ago, JJP said:

Conte is a disgrace? 

yeah shut the f**k up mate

cud have made subs earlier. that starting 11 wasnt going to cut it. poor hazard. had to do all the creative work even though we have fab and willian in the squad.

I don't think the mentality of the players was at fault I just think Conte got the tactics wrong and the sending off meant it was not going to happen. Re Bale he would have been good as he can double as a striker and with him and Costa we would have torn apart their makeshift defence today. With Costa on his own with the other players so far back we never made the most of Arsenal's defensive weakness.

On a plus note, I thought both sets of fans were impeccable in observing the minutes silence before the match in sharp contrast to the Europa League final. Pity someone wasn't switched on enough for the black armbands in the first half.

18 minutes ago, DonAntonio said:

I wouldn't swap Hazard for Bale, i wouldn't swap Hazard for anyone. Bale is a great player but let's not pretend he would do everything Hazard doesn't do. People say Hazard doesn't control games or turn up enough in the big games, but Bale is exactly the same. Bale has been accused of going missing many times throughout his Real Madrid career so far. When he fails to win us a game or dominate a game for us, we would then have people questioning Bale too. 

We need to add players that are at Hazard's level, not swap or sell them.

Edited by Scott Harris

Just now, Scott Harris said:

I wouldn't swap Hazard for Bale, i wouldn't swap Hazard for anyone. Bale is a great player but let's not pretend he would do everything Hazard doesn't do. People say Hazard doesn't control games or turn up enough in the big games, but Bale is exactly the same. Bale has been accused of going miss many times throughout his Real Madrid career so far. When he fails to win us a game or dominate a game for us, we would then have people questioning Bale's too. 

We need to add players that are at Hazard's level, not swap or sell them.

Not easy to add players his level, if we are going to lose him though I wouldn't want to sell and hang about with the cash and not get the right player, I'd be more interested in a swap, hear what you're saying for Bail, he did alright for Wales though, used to win games for tottenham on his own, Hazard can change a game he is the difference I just wish he did it more often but it's not easy, he is man marked, doubled up, kicked silly, you can't blame him, we rely on him too much, again I believe that he would be next level in another team that suited him a bit better, he is in teh top 5 best in teh world I think, he just isn't hitting his full potential here, I understand if he wants to move on, hold no grudge, but yea if we could keep him and add players that compliment him, even better, he is good enough to build a team round, but can we keep him...

14 minutes ago, Bobbywoodhogan said:

Conte isn't a disagree that's hyperbole, but he definitely got it wrong today. You know people seem to hate Jose here now but no way would we have list that with him in charge.

Wise words bro

2 minutes ago, DonAntonio said:

Not easy to add players his level, if we are going to lose him though I wouldn't want to sell and hang about with the cash and not get the right player, I'd be more interested in a swap, hear what you're saying for Bail, he did alright for Wales though, used to win games for tottenham on his own, Hazard can change a game he is the difference I just wish he did it more often but it's not easy, he is man marked, doubled up, kicked silly, you can't blame him, we rely on him too much, again I believe that he would be next level in another team that suited him a bit better, he is in teh top 5 best in teh world I think, he just isn't hitting his full potential here, I understand if he wants to move on, hold no grudge, but yea if we could keep him and add players that compliment him, even better, he is good enough to build a team round, but can we keep him...

You talk sense man!   A lot of it!!  I would not want Hazard to leave.  He really is top class.  I do understand that he gets man marked and kicked etc - but its up to the team to complement him.  We have Willian and Pedro.  These guys should do more when Hazard is being ganged on.  These guys should make the opposition look silly for man marking hazard by blitzing the space and tormenting the defence.  I also think we have under-utilized Willian a lot this season.  That guy is pure class and we should be able to adapt formation and use him more when necessary, especially on transition from defence to attack!  Willian is to good to be a bench player!  

The list of 'what went wrongs' today is a very long one, refs, tactics, individual performances, etc. But I think it might be significant that our season ended a good three weeks ago. It feels like ages since West Brom and after that we had youth team day and John Terry. It shouldn't happen but I think that the steam had gone and we were already on holiday. Arsenal weren't, they had to play till the last game and then they needed to salvage something.

With hindsight, maybe a draw at WBA would've kept us slightly fresher. But then I guess Watford was only 3 days later. Or maybe there is no excuse and we were just garbage today. There's little doubt in my mind that despite being champions, this isn't a great Chelsea side by Roman era standards. It lacks some magic somehow.

now that we have all cooled off a bit, so what, we won the league and the silver lining is here, if we had a perfect season, did the double showed the no weakness, conte would have less of a case for bringing 3 or 4  top players, after the summer we wont give a toss about another FA cup but we will certainly care about our CL squad 

It was somehow sensed right from the start that it wouldn't be our day today. No real fighting spirit. This also showed quite clearly that we need a lot of new classy players to fight for both PL and CL.