Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Sign in to follow this  
ozboy

Renato sanches

3 minutes ago, ozboy said:

Did you see the Bayern game against Inter? His passing is first class, as good as Fabrgas on that showing. His failing is not working hard enough off the ball.

He seems like a stronger Fabregas. All he needs to do is develop his game and introduce a better workrate and he might approach Fab's levels in a few years. Very high ceiling.

He seems like a midfielder who'd thrive in a 3 more than a 2

2 minutes ago, Deino said:

He seems like a stronger Fabregas. All he needs to do is develop his game and introduce a better workrate and he might approach Fab's levels in a few years. Very high ceiling.

My Jack Russell is stronger than Cesc.

Deino, dkw, DonAntonio and 1 other like this

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/07/28/chelsea-make-late-bid-sign-bayern-munich-star-renato-sanches/
Telegraph reckon we're looking to take him on loan for the season, presumably with a view to buying him next year... 
Why are Bayern so happy to let him go? 

He is impatient. World class players in front of him. Sound familiar. Top class teams can't afford to play anyone but top players.

37 minutes ago, ozboy said:

Did you see the Bayern game against Inter? His passing is first class, as good as Fabrgas on that showing. His failing is not working hard enough off the ball.

He has his moments but overall his passing is very erratic. Someone mention Ramires, I think that's a very apt comparison. 

55 minutes ago, Deino said:

????? . Makes no sense to me. He is a stronger and more athletic version of Fabregas. If Fabregas can thrive in a 2 man midfield so can Sanches

1 hour ago, charierre said:

Interesting rumour, he could do a good job for us. My guess though is our name is being used to push the Milan deal through.

not that i think we will get him, but i doubt that is correct.  He was outstanding against us and i thought during the game conte would do worse than grab him on loan. 

I reckon we have asked about him and it is genuine interest, but it is going to come down playing time i guess

55 minutes ago, Don Conte said:

????? . Makes no sense to me. He is a stronger and more athletic version of Fabregas. If Fabregas can thrive in a 2 man midfield so can Sanches

I said he seemed to me. Doesn't make it set in stone as I've yet to see him function in a 2 man midfield yet. 

Fabregas doesn't necessarily thrive in a 2 man midfield. He can play in it but his skillset is more suited to a 3 man midfield.

DonAntonio likes this

35 minutes ago, dkw said:

Can Fido ping 40 yard cross field passes? If so I bet Conte can get him for some Chum, a chew toy some belly rubs. Bonus of tickling behind the ears per goal. Bargain.

He's great at biting ankles, just what we need next to Kante, only eats 'Cesar Classic', 3 for £2. But if Sanchez is available on a 'free' loan it may be a better deal.

dkw and yorkleyblue like this

2 hours ago, ozboy said:

the problem is, people going off of a preseason friendly game and getting sucked in by that. 

It would have to be loan to buy, why develop him to just give him back, he can be a world class CM he is only 19, he is miles and miles better than anyone we have at that age, if he can win a Euros at 18 and pick up young player of the tournament and show enough for Bayern to buy him he has the potential to go far, one "bad"/no chance given season isn't going to change that. 

Bayern are stacked in midfield, we are under staffed, he would serve us perfectly for depth rather than buying players we don't really want just to fill the squad.

If they give us a loan to buy option snatch their hand off for it. 

People saying they don't rate him I don't get it, he is 19....he absolutely desssimates players we give bags of praise to that are older than him, everybody wanted chalobah said how good he was, sanches is twice the player and 3 years younger, matters not what system he came through matters that he is young tallent. 

big blue and EdinburghBlue like this

53 minutes ago, Deino said:

I said he seemed to me. Doesn't make it set in stone as I've yet to see him function in a 2 man midfield yet. 

Fabregas doesn't necessarily thrive in a 2 man midfield. He can play in it but his skillset is more suited to a 3 man midfield.

Couple of titles in 3 years says otherwise regarding thriving in a 2, one of which he almost broke the assists in a season. Played a 2 at Arsenal as well if I remember correctly.

regarding Sanches, if we can get him on a loan with the option to buy it's an absolute no brainer for me, plenty of gametime over the season for him. 

We'd have extremely strong CM options with Kante, Fabregas, Bakayoko & Sanches.

DonAntonio and Deino like this

1 minute ago, EdinburghBlue said:

That's a very complete midfield in terms of quality and skill sets, when you can swap your midfield to adapt to different games and have options like that you're half way in the tactical battle.

Last year having matic in a zombie like state left is over run in midfield, wanyama destroyed us, city over ran us as did Liverpool in the middle.

If we play wing backs, and they are pushed back instead of a man over in midfield we are a man light, so we need players that can cope...and better wing backs but that's a different thread.

EdinburghBlue likes this

6 minutes ago, Zeta said:

We need this guy, just one thing I'll comment on that you see in this video other than the rest of his game being so good, the way he turns away from players is world class , if you watch against Bayern we got clogged in the midfield and couldn't release quick enough.

Getting that couple of yards the way he turns players is so critical on a counter, if teams can stuff our release from midfield they stop the counter.

Its little things that change games, imagine defence clears out he turns his man gains 2 yards he looks up and you have hazard, morata and pedro blazing down the pitch...it plays in to our strengths.

Kante isn't the best passer, cesc isn't strong enough or good enough on the ball to get the space that's why he sits in space so he can distribute, matic doesn't pass forward, that really wasted our counter, that's why you see hazard dropping deep to pick up the ball so often.

Honestly just that little attribute in our system in that position is so important. 

MissouriBlue, lchk and Don Conte like this

Yep, I definitely want this signing to happen. 

Bayern recognize his obvious quality and future potential. They strike hard loan bargains though and when they can, and do, insert a buy back clause in the agreement it is a costly affair.

Much better to bite the bullet and go for a full signing. 

Expensive but worth it in the long run.

Edited by Spandau Billy

33 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Take Kante out with injury and I would be very very worried with that midfield, all depends on how Bakayoko turns out.