Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

13 hours ago, TheChelseaBlues said:

Unwillingness to spend has been the reason people don't consider us European elite? Either thats heavy sarcasm or you are confused about which message board you're on

guess i'll have to spell it our for you :smile: for so many years now we only have a "good" squad. "good", but not "great". sure, this "good" squad can win us few trophies here and there, and even still able to give us relatively more success than our domestic rivals. but, when we compete in the higher level (e.g. UCL), we are way off compared with the likes of Barca and Madrid. tell me, when was the last time we had a comfortable run in the UCL? i would say 2009, which is 8 years ago. hell, even our UCL win in 2012 includes a series of match scraping (we were struggling against Benfica ffs).

that's because our squad in the past few years is simply not good enough to compete in that higher level. in order to do this, we need to make WC signing. we don't need another "good" player. those kind of players will not take us to the next level. what we need is "great" playes, ones that we lack, that can help us break the barrier. but guess what? "great" players don't come cheap. in a world where clubs are getting richer and richer, where transfer market is no longer dominated by a few, you simply can't acquire "great" player without splashing the cash. but well, i guess the board is satisfied where we are now today. i guess for them the bottomline of their financial report is more important than success in a higher level, even if that means mediocrity.

these guys get it:

11 hours ago, DonAntonio said:

Well you are right in the context of where we were and what we have become but in the context of the big clubs in Europe our windows have been a bit flat as of recent..we could do with a couple of big names to throw down a proper challenge in the CL 

7 hours ago, dansubrosa said:

To be fair we haven't been on the same level as the giants of Europe since the days of Drogba, Lampard, Terry & Cech.

4 minutes ago, magichat said:

guess i'll have to spell it our for you :smile: for so many years now we only have a "good" squad. "good", but not "great". sure, this "good" squad can win us few trophies here and there, and even still able to give us relatively more success than our domestic rivals. but, when we compete in the higher level (e.g. UCL), we are way off compared with the likes of Barca and Madrid. tell me, when was the last time we had a comfortable run in the UCL? i would say 2009, which is 8 years ago. hell, even our UCL win in 2012 includes a series of match scraping (we were struggling against Benfica ffs).

that's because our squad in the past few years is simply not good enough to compete in that higher level. in order to do this, we need to make WC signing. we don't need another "good" player. those kind of players will not take us to the next level. what we need is "great" playes, ones that we lack, that can help us break the barrier. but guess what? "great" players don't come cheap. in a world where clubs are getting richer and richer, where transfer market is no longer dominated by a few, you simply can't acquire "great" player without splashing the cash. but well, i guess the board is satisfied where we are now today. i guess for them the bottomline of their financial report is more important than success in a higher level, even if that means mediocrity.

these guys get it:

So spell out which world class players have been available to us that we passed on signing. 

Side point: nobody in the world has been within touching distance of Madrid recently so thats kind of a silly comparison. We're a penalty away from being 2-0 in CL finals in the past decade and I feel comfortable saying it could be 3-0 if not for one man sabotaging us in a semi. We have been regularly one of the last 8 teams in the CL over the past 10 years, how many clubs can say that? Certainly not mediocrity

2 hours ago, TheChelseaBlues said:

You're right but that wasn't long ago and losing 4 club legends is never going to be easy to recover from

5. Ashley Cole was superb for us. One of the best LB of his generation while with us

• 5 months later...

Simon Phillips who is realible retweeted that with the below words. 

“ I believe this is true. Chelsea have spoken to them a number of times regarding Aubameyang recently, and seem to be following up with an update on availability.”

Also said that doesn’t think it will happen due to price being too high  

Sounds like we’re interested and could be a good signing if we can get him cheap enough. £40m?

Edited by JM7

4 minutes ago, JM7 said:

Simon Phillips who is realible retweeted that with the below words. 

“ I believe this is true. Chelsea have spoken to them a number of times regarding Aubameyang recently, and seem to be following up with an update on availability.”

Sounds like we’re interested and could be a good signing if we can get him cheap enough. £40m?

Got a link? I can't seem to find him.
Getting Auba for £40m would be the peak of a silly transfer window for us.

I doubt he'll join Chelsea in January or in the summer. He's no use in Europe and I doubt to be fair he'd want to come here unless Hazard is staying. From what I've seen he's lively and has a finish, but we seem to be getting a tad desperate now due to Alvaro been outta form. 

£40m was my figure. I would have thought he would go for £60-70m. Dortmund want to sell so might get him for £50-60m but I can’t see Chelsea wanting to spend that type of money on a 28 year old, especially when we were rumoured to be looking at Andy Carrol!

48 minutes ago, Famous CFC said:

I doubt he'll join Chelsea in January or in the summer. He's no use in Europe and I doubt to be fair he'd want to come here unless Hazard is staying. From what I've seen he's lively and has a finish, but we seem to be getting a tad desperate now due to Alvaro been outta form. 

Hazard said on camera at an NBA game last night that he would never leave Chelsea, take that for what it's worth (he was speaking to a fan after taking a picture)

37 minutes ago, Spiller86 said:

If we're talking to Dortmund about anyone it should be Raphael Guerreiro. Versatile left back and midfielder. Key part of the Portuguese team at EURO2016. Ideal for competition with Marcos.

It looks like it is. If we do sign him, it will be an absolutely amazing signing, he is a f**king beast

14 hours ago, mwblue10 said:

Hazard said on camera at an NBA game last night that he would never leave Chelsea, take that for what it's worth (he was speaking to a fan after taking a picture)

Also said that Countinho moving to Barca was bad for the Premier League.  You wouldn't say that and then move to Madrid not long after.  One would hope anyway...

Geesus christ what is going on here........so Sanchez goes to stinkin utd.......auba gets picked by arsenal......sandro possibly to utd......and we get the likes of Barkely hahahahah.

Now that would really drive me mad.......are we really so tiny?

Ohh and if this trajectory keeps up, we will be in the gutter soon. You cant grow as a Club this way......you dont get those juicy sponsors like this. Keep this up and we will say bye bye to Tibo, Eden, Conte, Kante etc.......no quality player will come either. Not with other monsters ready and willing to spend more......not when they are ambitious and at the same time do not give a flying f**k with ffp. Man this is sad aint it.....we have come so far and done so much to get that elite status and become really big.......but man they are doing their best to f**k all that up.....sad if this keeps up.

Edited by atomis

don't understand why we're not in for this guy... he's proven quality. If he goes to Arsenal, I hope the board have something up their sleeve...probably not tho.. we'll sign some sh*tbag like Zaha or Benteke, or some other bang average donkey who plays well in a bottom tier team but who can't cut it.

ROMAN, WHY DON'T YOU LOVE US ANYMORE?!

FFP kinda of ruined us in a way.  Pretty sure we're literally the only club that sticks to the FFP guidelines.  Teams like City and PSG don't give two sh*ts about what they spend where as we pretty much only spend money once we sell.