Zola

Confirmed Transfers - Ins and Outs

7 minutes ago, dynamite said:

I still find it strange that after what happened Mourinho would sign him at another club. Obviously he's improved a lot as a player though. I think he would've been better coming back to us personally, even though he might not be guaranteed first team football, depending on who else we signed.

The situation has changed - for both of them. Jose now needs him he feels, and Lukaku knows a team doesn't pay 75m for a player to sit on the bench.

The issues before aren't there now.

On 7/8/2017 at 15:26, dynamite said:

That's Lukaku confirmed to have a medical at United. I'm actually surprised United went in for him considering the history between Lukaku and Mourinho. Jose was pretty much desperate to get rid when he was with us.

Lukaku hasn't experience top level football. I wonder how he's going to fare in Champions League if ever.

On 30/05/2017 at 15:04, Zola said:

Thought this could be a place to track all the ins and outs

OUT

Sir John Terry - Aston Villa - Free
Diego Cos... -  ?
Solanke - Scousers -  £3M
Begovic - Bourmemouth - £ ?
Atsu - Newcastle - £6.2M
Cuadrado - Juventus - £16M
Ake - Bournemouth  -  £20M

IN

Big Willy - free

Well get this updated so we can get back on topic.

Welcome Rudiger! 

2 hours ago, Tibbers said:

Lukaku hasn't experience top level football. I wonder how he's going to fare in Champions League if ever.

I think he'll get 20-30 goals for them next season if I'm being honest. I thought he would've been better back with us, but I don't rate him at 75 million, so In a way I'm glad he never came back.

1 hour ago, RuislipCFC said:

Surely you'd want most of your signings in for the first day of pre-season.

Yes, it would be the ideal scenario, but does that ever really happen in real life for any club (not just us)?

20 minutes ago, Maksimov said:

Yes, it would be the ideal scenario, but does that ever really happen in real life for any club (not just us)?

Never in total but to have when major 1 signing in when we want 4/5 is poor in my opinion. We've known what we've wanted for quite a while from what you read. 

On 09/07/2017 at 18:42, dynamite said:

I think he'll get 20-30 goals for them next season if I'm being honest. I thought he would've been better back with us, but I don't rate him at 75 million, so In a way I'm glad he never came back.

He'll get goals at United but the risk is he's not top 4 or UCL tested. Would have been the safest bet but would love to see Morata. Or a Costa u-turn would be even better, but there's f**k all chance of that. 

On 7/10/2017 at 01:42, dynamite said:

I think Kane is better than him.

3 hours ago, Tibbers said:

I think Kane is better than him.

I agree, but Spurs will never sell him and even if they did he'll never come to us

5 hours ago, RuislipCFC said:

He'll get goals at United but the risk is he's not top 4 or UCL tested. Would have been the safest bet but would love to see Morata. Or a Costa u-turn would be even better, but there's f**k all chance of that. 

It's a gamble, but I think considering his relatively young age it could be a good investment for them, obviously I hope he turns out to be a huge flop as his goals could help them win the league similar to van persie in 2013.

Yeah Morata would be a great signing for us, It will be interesting to see who we bring in to replace Costa if or when he does leave. I think we need to bring in 2 strikers because of the extra demand of CL football. I'm still not panicking yet, Conte knows what he's doing.

Anyone else think that 3 pre season games and the charity shield are not enough games for every player to be fit for the first game of the season? First game is normally 45 mins per player. Second game 60mins for a lot of players, then 30 mins for subs. Third game players time switch from game 2. This leaves only Charity shield to play full 90 minutes and that can only be 11 players and that won't happen.

8 hours ago, CarefreeSimmo_ said:

Ola Aina on a Season Long Loan to Hull.

RLC on a Season Long Loan to Palace.

So the squad get's thinner and thinner and our home grown numbers get smaller too. To be honest, i am getting a bit concerned now. We are letting so many go and no players have been bought in to replace them, i just think this is a risky strategy. I know there is still plenty of time yet, but surely you want most of the new players in the squad for pre season so they can get used to the team. 

Here is our squad as it stands.

Courtois ( GK ) - Not HG 1. Caballero ( GK ) - Not HG 2. Eduardo ( GK ) - Not HG 3. 

Alonso ( LWB ) - Not HG 4. Rahman ( LWB ) - Not HG 5.

Moses ( RWB ) - HG 1. 

Azpilicueta ( CB ) - Not HG 6. Luiz ( CB ) - Not HG 7. Cahill ( CB ) - HG 2. Rudiger ( CB ) - Not HG 8. Zouma ( CB ) - Not HG 9. Christensen ( CB ) - HG ?

Kenedy ( LWB / LW ) Not HG 10.

Kante ( DM ) - Not HG 11. Matic ( CM ) Not HG 12. Chalobah ( CM ) HG 3. Fabregas ( CM ) HG 4. 

Willian ( RW ) - Not HG 13. Pedro ( RW / LW ) Not HG 14. 

Hazard ( LW ) - Not HG 15. Musonda ( LW / RW ) HG rule doesn't apply.

Batshuayi ( ST ) - Not HG 16. Costa ( ST ) Not HG 17.

So as it stands, we have to sell or loan MORE non home grown players before we can register any more. Most expect Bakayoko and another Striker to arrive, so that means two will need to go. Costa looks gone, so that brings it down to 16, and Matic is another some think will go, but that has stalled of late so who knows with that one. Zouma, Rahman, Kenedy and Batshuayi are the other 4 under threat too.

Our targets seem to be Bakayoko, Llorente, Danilo, Sandro and Morata / Aubameyang / Belotti ( if you choose to believe the rumours that is ) If we get all of our targets then 5 of the six players mentioned above will have to leave and we will have to promote a bunch of youngsters to fill up the rest of the squad.

If this is the plan, then that is fine, but the problem i have is the time it's all taking. With such drastic changes, you would like to think we would get a few of these issues sorted before pre-season began.

On 07/10/2017 at 21:08, RuislipCFC said:

Never in total but to have when major 1 signing in when we want 4/5 is poor in my opinion. We've known what we've wanted for quite a while from what you read. 

We've probably had a good idea who we want for some time now, but those players have quite hefty price tags, to say the least, and I'm sure the club doesn't want get totally robbed by the selling clubs. We'll leave that to ManU... :happy001:

2 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

So the squad get's thinner and thinner and our home grown numbers get smaller too. To be honest, i am getting a bit concerned now. We are letting so many go and no players have been bought in to replace them, i just think this is a risky strategy. I know there is still plenty of time yet, but surely you want most of the new players in the squad for pre season so they can get used to the team. 

So as it stands, we have to sell or loan MORE non home grown players before we can register any more. Most expect Bakayoko and another Striker to arrive, so that means two will need to go. Costa looks gone, so that brings it down to 16, and Matic is another some think will go, but that has stalled of late so who knows with that one. Zouma, Rahman, Kenedy and Batshuayi are the other 4 under threat too.

Our targets seem to be Bakayoko, Llorente, Danilo, Sandro and Morata / Aubameyang / Belotti ( if you choose to believe the rumours that is ) If we get all of our targets then 5 of the six players mentioned above will have to leave and we will have to promote a bunch of youngsters to fill up the rest of the squad.

If this is the plan, then that is fine, but the problem i have is the time it's all taking. With such drastic changes, you would like to think we would get a few of these issues sorted before pre-season began.

Had an attempt at this on the Squad and Formation page and I didn't think it looked that bad.

From my musings we could sign 4 non home grown players (Sandro, Danilo, Bakayoko and Morata/Belotti), plus I suppose another home grown player. 
Although I had excluded Chalobah, Kenedy, Rahman and Zouma from my Squad.

Whilst promoting Baker, Boga and Ugbo.

Last years first 11 bar Costa would all be in the squad and we will have generally strengthened everywhere else.

Bakayoko > Chalobah
Sandro > Kenedy
Danilo > Aina
Rudiger > Terry
Christensen > Ake

Morata/Belotti < Costa
Willy < Begovic

All in all squad depth will have increased 

11 hours ago, Deino said:

Could this mean that Conte wants to fill the gaps with the loan army/youth?

Our best youth players have been sold (ake,traore) or rumored to be sold (chalobah,andreas) or rumored to be loaned (RLC) or have been loaned (aina).

14 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

Courtois ( GK ) - Not HG 1. Caballero ( GK ) - Not HG 2. Eduardo ( GK ) - Not HG 3. 

Alonso ( LWB ) - Not HG 4. Rahman ( LWB ) - Not HG 5.

Moses ( RWB ) - HG 1. Danilo (RWB) - Not HG 6.

Azpilicueta ( CB ) - Not HG 7. Luiz ( CB ) - Not HG 8. Cahill ( CB ) - HG 2. Rudiger ( CB ) - Not HG 9. Christensen ( CB ) - HG 3. Youth CB ( CB ) - HG 4.

Kante ( DM ) - Not HG 10. Matic ( CM ) Not HG 11. Chalobah ( CM ) HG 5. Fabregas ( CM ) HG 6. Bakayoko ( CM ) Not HG 12 

Willian ( RW ) - Not HG 13. Pedro ( RW / LW ) Not HG 14. 

Hazard ( LW ) - Not HG 15. Musonda ( LW / RW ) HG 7

Batshuayi ( ST ) - Not HG 16. Morata ( ST ) Not HG 17. Youth ST ( ST ) HG 8

I am guessing this will be our 25 man squad. 

15 minutes ago, didierforever said:

I am guessing this will be our 25 man squad. 

I think Baba and Matic will still be sold. 

Ideally, Dasilva and Baker can take their places and do well when called upon. Tomori could take the last CB berth. 

Otherwise spot on.

45 minutes ago, terryble things said:

I think Baba and Matic will still be sold. 

Ideally, Dasilva and Baker can take their places and do well when called upon. Tomori could take the last CB berth. 

Otherwise spot on.

I think DaSilva might just be a little too small to cut it at Chelsea, he's supremely talented but can you imagine how a quick, strong winger like Zaha, Sanchez etc would bully him around? 

3 hours ago, didierforever said:

Our best youth players have been sold (ake,traore) or rumored to be sold (chalobah,andreas) or rumored to be loaned (RLC) or have been loaned (aina).

But we still have other loanees that can be used to fill up the empty slots (after we finished buying ofc).

If they're gonna get throwaway minutes anyway might as well use the ones available than buying squad players