Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

We finally have a legit link to him. 

Would be the perfect LWB to have. Fantastic offensively, very solid defensively, great off ball runs and very physical. He's like a more physical, bigger, less evolved Ashley Cole (I know that's huge praise but I can't think of any other comparison tbh).

If we can get Conti as well, we'll have our wing back positions fully sorted. 

Mendy would cost up to 50 million euros though. Also, United and City (especially City) are apparently very keen on him as well. If we can get him before they do, that would be brilliant.

Edited by Barrettinator

3 minutes ago, havelschayes said:

err where's the 'legit link'? that piraux guy is just a random french chelsea fan, probably he's just being an itk

Actually, you're right. "Legit" is a stretch too far though I don't know that Piraux is a CFC fan (comes across more as a PSG fan imo). But we haven't been linked with Mendy at all in weeks while it gained steam with City and United.

havelschayes likes this

Best move fast, or he will be snapped up by city. Same as with Conti and one of the milan sides. Drag our heels and miss out. Act sharply Chelsea! Or conte may not be happy. 

Edited by axman2526

1 hour ago, pacquiao said:

Would be a great signing! Hopefully we get him ahead of Man City, but i fear they will offer him more money. 

Not just that but they can offer him a guaranteed spot unlike us. Alonso may be not be everyone's favourite but he has earned his spot and Mendy would have to deal with rotation. Initially anyway.

DonAntonio likes this

1 hour ago, Chelsbear said:

With his team mate already moved to City I would imagine he'd be drawn to them tbh.

dont think this is a goer 

I don't think it would make much difference. They were team mates for 1 season, we have kante and zouma who he may or may not know from the international scene, all 3 are similar ages aswell. 

I guess it's up to emanalo and Maria G to do what they get paid for. 

DidierDrogbalala likes this

1 hour ago, STATS said:

Not just that but they can offer him a guaranteed spot unlike us. Alonso may be not be everyone's favourite but he has earned his spot and Mendy would have to deal with rotation. Initially anyway.

Although it isn't an urgent need compared to alternative's for Moses and Matic it would be ideal if we can upgrade on Alonso with the Spainard sticking around as part of the squad, not just to make us stronger but will also give us scope to revert to back 4.

15 minutes ago, Paccbet said:

Forget it fellas. Just signed for City.

Source?

All I see is a regurgitated Goal article that Man Eve news are running with that still says other European teams are keen and he's not signed yet.

It's pretty brutal though seeing a young title winning side like Monaco be ripped apart so soon after a wonderful season.

I mean Silva is gone and Mendy is a certainty to leave too while a few others are being linked heavily with big money moves. 

Guess they will be well behind PSG next season which is a shame 

DonAntonio likes this

1 hour ago, Chelsbear said:

Source?

All I see is a regurgitated Goal article that Man Eve news are running with that still says other European teams are keen and he's not signed yet.

Google Mendy Manchester City. There's a fair few articles and tweets. 

5 hours ago, Paccbet said:

Google Mendy Manchester City. There's a fair few articles and tweets. 

All those articles have been claiming he's signed for City for the past 2-3 days.

One even claimed he was in Manchester for a medical and he debunked it hilariously on twitter:

Not saying the links to City aren't legit but I don't think anything is settled yet. Notice how quickly Bernardo Silva was announced? Yeah. Not over until the fat lady sings.

Paccbet likes this

yeah don't believe the mendy links to city, at least not for now. we are one of several clubs interested in him, and apparently he's yet to make a decision on his next destination. i think we should only allow legit sources in the rumour section.

this is a good guide for reliable transfer rumours. apologies in advance for the subreddit though lol

https://www.reddit.com/r/reddevils/wiki/transfer-reliability-guide

On 5/30/2017 at 12:59, havelschayes said:

err where's the 'legit link'? that piraux guy is just a random french chelsea fan, probably he's just being an itk

After all this while, I've only just noticed the "CFC" in his bio. You're right. He is a Chelsea supporter.

Sad to see Mendy sign for City... Would have been great to have here at Chelsea. City have been ruthless so far in the transfer market, already made a lot of big signings

Feeling a little envious about the way City go about there business of late, they go in early before other teams have even had the opportunity to review targets and make genuine inquiries, without competition to inflate prices at this early stage they pay the market price and secure their target.

Other teams ourselves included will review and eventually make those approaches and when the market is at it's peak pay inflated prices yet not get the intended targets due to high competition.