Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

We don't 'really' need a LWB of Mendy's calibre, it would be harsh on Alonso to sign someone to replace him after the season he had. I'm sure Conte will want to review Baba Rahman as a possible backup LWB instead.

However if City start signing targets in positions we actually require players which is for me RWB, CM, ST and possibly CB then we need to be slightly more apprehensive. It's the 1st of June, we have just won the league, City have had an awful season and are spending money like it's water, I'm not surprised.

31 minutes ago, doctorblue said:

Keep saying that Oxlaide Chamberlain would make a great RWB...

Is that the same Chamberlain who spends more time with the physio then on the training ground? Yeah, pass

Edited by Xfaxtor
dkw likes this

Reports saying Man City are now out the race to sign Mendy they don't want to pay £40m for him so they are going for Ryan Bertrand now, hopefully Chelsea can get the deal done to sign Mendy.

1 minute ago, pacquiao said:

Reports saying Man City are now out the race to sign Mendy they don't want to pay £40m for him so they are going for Ryan Bertrand now, hopefully Chelsea can get the deal done to sign Mendy.

I don't see us paying out £40m on a LWB when Alonso did such a great job last season. 

More likely we'll invest on someone to be back up to Alonso IMO. 

Would much rather see us invest £40m on a central midfielder. 

dkw, Amputechture and didierforever like this

51 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

I don't see us paying out £40m on a LWB when Alonso did such a great job last season. 

More likely we'll invest on someone to be back up to Alonso IMO. 

Would much rather see us invest £40m on a central midfielder. 

Pedro did a good job last season but that wouldn't stop us spending big on Sanchez if we could get him, Conte wants to win the CL, it's time to start spending big and not just accepting good players we need better than good.

buzzcfc, Argo and RIP Mourinho like this

As much as i like Alonso he lack speed big time. And that limit him and our team as well. If he was faster, then our left attack would be so much dangerous and we would have score more goals. Because of our system he was out of sight for the defenders in a lot of situation, he stop the ball perfect, but then the lack of speed slow or totally stop our attacks and the defenders block his cross/shots. If hes acceleration was better, the defenders would not catch him.

And we should have atleast 250mln. for transfers. So Conte should buy whatever the f*** he wants.

Guardiola spend more then us last summer, and won totally NOTHING and the City Board show him supportand that they believe in him and give him a lot of money to spend.The windows just open and he already spend more then 80mln.

Why the f*** in the blue hell Conte did not get such support from the board? How many times he need to say we need quality and depth?

Im sorry but if we want to win premier league again and to be atleast contender for the CL, then we need to spend big and the club to show the support Conte SHOW THEM he deserve, unlike Guardiola, but he still get it.

Not to mention we have more then 100mln. from sales from the winter and now.
I said it many times, but we need World Class LWB, World Class CB, alternative/World Class RWB, World Class Central Midfielder, Alternative Def. Midfilder, World Class Right Midfielder, and World Class Striker.

If we don`t get all or atleast most of them, we will suffer big.

lchk likes this

1 hour ago, pacquiao said:

Spending £40m would have to guarantee Mendy as a starter, Alonso did far more than enough to retain the starting spot for next season. That signing would be such a kick in the teeth for him. Would much rather sign a younger, up and coming LWB who is more unproven such as maybe Gaya from Valencia to challenge Alonso rather than replace him.

1 minute ago, brakeit said:

As much as i like Alonso he lack speed big time. And that limit him and our team as well. If he was faster, then our left attack would be so much dangerous and we would have score more goals. Because of our system he was out of sight for the defenders in a lot of situation, he stop the ball perfect, but then the lack of speed slow or totally stop our attacks and the defenders block his cross/shots. If hes acceleration was better, the defenders would not catch him.

And we should have atleast 250mln. for transfers. So Conte should buy whatever the f*** he wants.

Guardiola spend more then us last summer, and won totally NOTHING and the City Board show him supportand that they believe in him and give him a lot of money to spend.The windows just open and he already spend more then 80mln.

Why the f*** in the blue hell Conte did not get such support from the board? How many times he need to say we need quality and depth?

Im sorry but if we want to win premier league again and to be atleast contender for the CL, then we need to spend big and the club to show the support Conte SHOW THEM he deserve, unlike Guardiola, but he still get it.

I said it many times, but we need World Class LWB, World Class CB, alternative/World Class RWB, World Class Central Midfielder, Alternative Def. Midfilder, World Class Right Midfielder, and World Class Striker.

whhhhaaaattttt?

So basically the team that won the league with record number of wins will have only Tibo, Kante, Azpi, DL and Eden as striker. Seems fair.

RIP Mourinho likes this

9 minutes ago, didierforever said:

whhhhaaaattttt?

So basically the team that won the league with record number of wins will have only Tibo, Kante, Azpi, DL and Eden as striker. Seems fair.

Should i remember you how dominate we was with Mourinho in the second season and how easy we won the title? And what exactly happened next? Next season ? What happened with United after Fergie leave? They was champion, but they was lacking quality big time and the rest is history. They could not even get top 4 spot, forget challenge for the title ...
And we won the title mainly for the Conte new system in England and of the 13 straight win run.

I also forget to mention Lecter City. They also won the title, but what happened next? If you not strengthen enough your team in the window you will suffer. Even if you are the Champion. No one should lay on old laurels.

lchk and pacquiao like this

1 minute ago, brakeit said:

Should i remember you how dominate we was with Mourinho in the second season and how easy we won the title? And what exactly happened next? Next season ? What happened with United after Fergie leave? They was champion, but they was lacking quality big time and the rest is history. They could not even get top 4 spot, forget challenge for the title ...
And we won the title mainly for the Conte new system in England and of the 13 straight win run.

I also forget to mention Lecter City. They also won the title, but what happened next? If you not strengthen enough your team in the window you will suffer. Even if you are the Champion. No one should lay on old laurels

Jose's season was a one-off. We cant let it be a benchmark for all future references.

SAF leaving united, itself was a massive loss. Nothing of such sort is happening now.

I accept that we need a couple of re-inforcements but no where near as much. 

We dont need a world class LWB, rather a back-up LWB and I will give Baba first dibs on it.

I accept we need a RWB, like Conti, world class - not really, but good enough.

CB - I think we are more than set. Andreas is a new signing (kind of). Along with Luiz, GC, Azpi, Zouma and Ake.

CM - This is one position that I admit we need a world class/conte-class CM: Bakayoko, Tolisso, Keita, Verrati.

ST - we have Costa and Michy. If we had sold Costa, we could have bought Lukaku/Morata. But unless we change formation, then 2 WC strikers in a 1 striker situation would mean issues specially in a world cup year.

RW - Agreed. Need an upgrade. Pedro/Willian have their shortcomings but finding a player better than them is like finding a needle in a haystack. Because lets be honest, their are not many. Sanchez is probably the only one available but just cant see arsenal selling him.

1 hour ago, brakeit said:

Jesus titty f**king christ....

55 minutes ago, Batshuayi said:

Spending £40m would have to guarantee Mendy as a starter, Alonso did far more than enough to retain the starting spot for next season. That signing would be such a kick in the teeth for him. Would much rather sign a younger, up and coming LWB who is more unproven such as maybe Gaya from Valencia to challenge Alonso rather than replace him.

Who cares if it upsets him? He will still get games, being in 4 competitions and no winter break means we will have to rotate the wingbacks, If we want to be competing with the very best we have to keep improving, not just keep a player in the team because they played well the season before.

lchk likes this

Jose season was not one-off. And if you think it is then you will be in a trouble. Jose was leading us only half season, then Hiddink come aboard. And what happen the result was a little bit better. That`s speak for a problem and lack of quality. Not that Hiddink is still some great coach, but no matter, my point stands.

SAF leaving United shows my point as well. They won the title mainly by muscle, thanks to referee, luck and their manager tactics. But the Coach can`t always drag the team. There will be time when the players need to drag the team.

And we saw that in United. It was so obvious they was lacking huge quality and young fresh players with motivation.
Same goes for a lot of team in the world, Ac Milan for example won the title with Ibrahimovic long ago, next season they stay almost the same team and lost the title and then they are on downgrade.

It doesn`t matter if you are the champion or not. If you lack quality on post, you need to get them, before opponent explore this weakness. And we show weakness last season.

We show it against Arsenal in the final as well.
That must have shown the board and to you, that we are lacking quality. We also have big problems in the big games.

Not only we need world class players on the position i mention, but we also need character on some of the players. Leadership ability.

Ake would probably be sold to Bournemouth, no one know if Christensen is world class or not, we will see that. Luiz have strong season, but we will see if he can be constant. In the past that was his biggest problem and the easy mistake he was doing, as well as too reckless at time + leaving a lot of space because of that. In the last games he was lacking big.

In our last 19 matches, we conceded 18 goals, thats tell a lot about our defence.

I already said what i think about Alonso and the other guys that i think we need.

Costa so far shows for half season and then goes missing. We misses the consequences this season with Costa goes on missing, but that won`t be every season.

And dude that`s my opinion, if you don`t like it or don`t think it`s right, it`s your problem.
Everyone can have opinion. My is based on experience.
In the past we did a lot of mistake after we won the title. Same can be said about 2010-2011. When we won the title with Carlo and we stayed almost 100% with the same squad. And in the winter we did panic transfers ....

Someone may think we don`t need even 1 reinforcement , someone may think we need 10.
And i pretty much explain why we need this players.

Edited by brakeit

im torn tbh. Do i think moses, alonso, matic, cahill, and pedro are good enough to see us become a dominant force in europe? Not really. 

Did they do enough to warrant keeping their places? Yeah totally, a record breaking league campaign deserves faith in the tried and tested.

Conte said that some cold decisions would have to be made in the summer, we have to improve as a team and as a club. Very little room for sentiment left in football. If mendy comes in, he improves the starting 11, or alonso raises his game and improves us. 

I think there is a lot of caution about a repeat of 15/16, so I think the club will make some moves in the summer, and no doubt there will be casualties.

lchk, rtwelch, Blue_candy and 1 other like this

2 hours ago, Batshuayi said:

If looking at a younger, up and coming LWB would rather we sign Kieran Tierney. :JC_doubleup:

Edited by the special one
Batshuayi likes this

I think wing back is the one position we need two world class players. With the miles they cover in a game we need to be able to keep them fresh. Behind Alonso and Moses who do we really trust in those positions to keep us competitive? 

Imran_CFC likes this

4 hours ago, brakeit said:

Firstly, I like your shopping list.

Secondly, you'll remember that people made the same complaints about transfer activity last off-season. 

Thirdly, it's the 6th of June. Seventy-three years ago today one hundred and fifty thousand better, braver men than me were doing something more important than noticing that the transfer window isn't even open yet. I thank them all. If anyone reading this post had a family member who was involved in the tremendous events of that long off summer day, please know that the world honours their memory, now and forever.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

8 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Looked really really poor against England last night.

Came off injured after 20 mins. I thought he looked okay, not poor not spectacular, but difficult to judge on 20 mins. 

4 hours ago, IliyaKrostin said:

Was very close to Man City, but now the rumours about him are suddenly gone. 

Would be nice to see us signing him.

I think he will stay this season. Monaco said they would sell only 3 of their top players. Silva and Bakayoko have gone so it's Mendy or Mbappe, and i think Mbappe will leave for Real Madrid now that we have got Morata in.