Benjamin Mendy

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

It's quite impressive that within 5 hours of someone here saying that it would be nice, there's a suitable tweet to make the connection. 

I might start suggesting players and see if tweets appear as well.

I heard talk that Conte has turned to Football Manager 2006 for inspiration and is looking to sign Norwegian utilitarian superstar Sindre Loe Bing and the Brazilian seal dribbling ace Kerlon. 

Wouldn't mind taking Mendy even at £54m...I still hope that the Sandro deal isn't dead but the silence from his camp is deafening...if we can get another WB preferably on the left then I'd think we've had a good window...assuming the Morata deal goes through OK...would also like Oxlaide Chamberlain in this window too but happy to wait till next year when he's available on a free...

5 minutes ago, doctorblue said:

Wouldn't mind taking Mendy even at £54m...I still hope that the Sandro deal isn't dead but the silence from his camp is deafening...if we can get another WB preferably on the left then I'd think we've had a good window...assuming the Morata deal goes through OK...would also like Oxlaide Chamberlain in this window too but happy to wait till next year when he's available on a free...

I think for it to be considered a good window we need a LWB and also a CM. When Matic goes we will be far too thin there. Kante, Fabregas and Bak is not enough. I'd like to see Matic stay to be honest. 

4 minutes ago, buzzcfc said:

I think for it to be considered a good window we need a LWB and also a CM. When Matic goes we will be far too thin there. Kante, Fabregas and Bak is not enough. I'd like to see Matic stay to be honest. 

There's Lewis Baker to consider too...but Wilshere would be worth a shout but not at £20m...still think our medical team could get 15 games out of him...

10 minutes ago, buzzcfc said:

I think Pasalic as the 4th CM would be a good choice. Within Pasalic and Baker we have decent depth.

I see Lewis Baker stay, but not and Pasallic. We most probably will be on the market for a CM, 2 WB and if you ask me a new right midfilder for Pedro/Willy spot.

Bernarderschki price is good and he is very young, why not going for him ?

3 minutes ago, brakeit said:

I see Lewis Baker stay, but not and Pasallic. We most probably will be on the market for a CM, 2 WB and if you ask me a new right midfilder for Pedro/Willy spot.

Bernardeschi is reportedly close to joining Juventus...

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.blackwhitereadallover.com/platform/amp/2017/7/20/16000990/federico-bernardeschi-fiorentina-juventus-2017-serie-a-summer-transfer-rumors

5 minutes ago, brakeit said:

Because Fiorentina wants ~€50m. 

1 hour ago, doctorblue said:

To be fair deal for morata was dead silent too then it just popped up out of nowhere, I think it's good we do our business on the quiet stops the price being manipulated so you never know, wrecks havoc on the fans during transfer season but it's a smarter way of doing things. 

7 minutes ago, RickUK said:

I wonder if Monaco feeling Man city and PSG have been illegally tapping up Mbappe, is having a bearing on them refusing to do a deal for Mendy?

I couldn't say... we all kinda no where vvd is going to end up don't we? so who knows.

36 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Did you ever think you'd see the day a team spent over £100m on fullbacks? 

Through in Ederson and City have spent almost £150m on their defence alone this summer (so far).

Crazy money.

City's dodgy defence alone (Moraes, Walker, Stones, Otamendi, Mendy = 220m) costs about the same as our entire first team. 

Did you ever think we'd see the day we can laugh at other team's for splashing money!

5 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Did you ever think you'd see the day a team spent over £100m on fullbacks? 

Through in Ederson and City have spent almost £150m on their defence alone this summer (so far).

Crazy money.

Ederson

Walker Stones Otamendi Mendy

one of the most expensive defences in the world and not even close to being the best in the prem.

4 hours ago, terryble things said:

City's dodgy defence alone (Moraes, Walker, Stones, Otamendi, Mendy = 220m) costs about the same as our entire first team. 

Did you ever think we'd see the day we can laugh at other team's for splashing money!

Not sure about that. The 6 below alone make that amount up

Morata 60 million

Luiz 30 million

Hazard 32 million

Baka 40 million

Kante 32 million 

rudiger 35 million 

I won't lie, i really didn't want City to get Mendy. He is exactly what they needed. If the Sandro deal is off, then Mendy is somebody i would have liked us to go for.

Getting Danilo and Mendy would pretty much complete that team. Their CB's aren't anything special, but i expect them to be strong challengers this season. Hopefully Guardiola still hasn't worked out that you need your defenders to defend to win titles.