Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

1 hour ago, Argo said:

Hasn't Jose just publicly complained about the clubs transfer activity? Not the best example.

Yeah but Jose has 2 players at 100m+ and 1 of them is flopping preseason

5 hours ago, DonAntonio said:

This guy was phenomenal today, what a missed opportunity 

So are we making that call after him only playing one game for City? He's a good player for sure, but let's see how the season pans out first.

6 hours ago, Malcolm9 said:

So are we making that call after him only playing one game for City? He's a good player for sure, but let's see how the season pans out first.

Did he start playing professional football at the start of this season? 

41 minutes ago, Malcolm9 said:

The Premier League is alot stronger, early days.

But he played well in the premier league...after playing well in the French leauge and the champions league...by that token shouldn't comment on any of our new signings we will stay mute until the end of the season, he is a top player on his leauge debut he showed that 

40 minutes ago, DonAntonio said:

But he played well in the premier league...after playing well in the French leauge and the champions league...by that token shouldn't comment on any of our new signings we will stay mute until the end of the season, he is a top player on his leauge debut he showed that 

He played well going forward in a game against 10 men when City were predominantly on the front foot, he has been suspect defensively in Ligue 1 and has only really had one season where he has looked anything above decent so yes your comment is a bit premature although he does look like he is going to be very good going forwards for city and looks to have settled pretty quickly.
And yes as you have pointed out your comment is on a standard with those claiming Bakayoko is a massive upgrade on Matic after a couple of appearances. Its too soon to say either way for either player despite both showing promise.  

13 hours ago, DonAntonio said:

This guy was phenomenal today, what a missed opportunity 

Going back to your previous comment Naismith has looked phenomenal against us a couple of occasions and so have many players in the league the key is whether he can be consistently good in what is a much tougher league and can stay switched on defensively which is something the whole city squad suffer with and from my limited viewings of the player is something he doesn't look like he will be an improvement on.   

Malcolm9 likes this

11 minutes ago, PedroMendez said:

He played well going forward in a game against 10 men when City were predominantly on the front foot, he has been suspect defensively in Ligue 1 and has only really had one season where he has looked anything above decent so yes your comment is a bit premature although he does look like he is going to be very good going forwards for city and looks to have settled pretty quickly.
And yes as you have pointed out your comment is on a standard with those claiming Bakayoko is a massive upgrade on Matic after a couple of appearances. Its too soon to say either way for either player despite both showing promise.  

Going back to your previous comment Naismith has looked phenomenal against us a couple of occasions and so have many players in the league the key is whether he can be consistently good in what is a much tougher league and can stay switched on defensively which is something the whole city squad suffer with and from my limited viewings of the player is something he doesn't look like he will be an improvement on.   

I'm not the only one to think so they were throwing around the term world class on motd

He looked world class against a 10 man pool team that couldn't defend with 11! It's all well and good when you've all the ball but Salah had a field day down his side in the first half

Not to say he's a poor player but the hyperbole around some players these days based around their price tag is a joke

He looked less than average vs the 11 men of Bournemouth last week.   Not really a missed opportunity either he apparently said to the Monaco vice president ‘If it was Chelsea, I’d stay; but if it’s a chance to work with Guardiola, I want to go.' Don't like the guy anyway, taking the mick out of the Brighton defenders OG and Bats too.  

20 hours ago, DonAntonio said:

I'm not the only one to think so they were throwing around the term world class on motd

Was he world class in the first half when Salah had enough space to build a small house behind him, what with Mendy being constantly out of position and a mile behind play?

35 minutes ago, dkw said:

Was he world class in the first half when Salah had enough space to build a small house behind him, what with Mendy being constantly out of position and a mile behind play?

Dunno just saw the highlights he looked very good, but you said mo salah was terrible so which is more rubbish? Sounds like a rubbish fest going on down that side of the pitch, or is mo salah less rubbish as an attacker as mendy is as a defender? 

Also recall you saying luiz would never and could never be a CB when I said he would do well under conte and that he has matured, it's easier to shut down ideas rather than promote them, thing is when you turn out to be right the guys that shut them down disappear and give no credit, just the way it is I suppose. 

Mendy is a top wing back and will show that as the season goes on. 

Edited by DonAntonio

2 hours ago, DonAntonio said:

Dunno just saw the highlights he looked very good, but you said mo salah was terrible so which is more rubbish? Sounds like a rubbish fest going on down that side of the pitch, or is mo salah less rubbish as an attacker as mendy is as a defender? 

Also recall you saying luiz would never and could never be a CB when I said he would do well under conte and that he has matured, it's easier to shut down ideas rather than promote them, thing is when you turn out to be right the guys that shut them down disappear and give no credit, just the way it is I suppose. 

Mendy is a top wing back and will show that as the season goes on. 

You do realise me saying Salah was poor backs up my point, right? The fact a poor Salah ripped a do called world class mendy apart highlights he was rubbish at the main part of a defenders job, defending. 

As for luiz, I said he would struggle as a defender for us, I still believe he would in a back 4. However in a 3 he is exceptional and all credit to him and Conte.

GreatBlue222 likes this

14 minutes ago, dkw said:

You do realise me saying Salah was poor backs up my point, right? The fact a poor Salah ripped a do called world class mendy apart highlights he was rubbish at the main part of a defenders job, defending. 

As for luiz, I said he would struggle as a defender for us, I still believe he would in a back 4. However in a 3 he is exceptional and all credit to him and Conte.

Fair enough but I honestly disagree on Mendy, he is exceptional going forward, if you have a wingback who goes forward at times he will leave a gap that's why you have 3 CB's, but I don't believe he can't defend it's just a people expect a WB to defend like a Fb and it won't be the same, I think that's the position more than teh player, only a couple of players can defend very well and are killer going forward, it's not like our wingbacks can defend, VM can't defend or cross, Alonso is excellent going forward but wouldn't get into a bottom half team as a left back. Would you rather have taken zappacosta over mendy? I think mendy was the second best option after Sandro and we should have went in strongly, I know what he said about wanting Pep but that sounds like after the fact talk to me...in all cases I think he is a player who would have moved us up a level, having said that I'm a fan of Alonso so not heartbroken,  would rather have someone of mendis quality in for VM on the other side, he has peeked out a long time ago and honestly I'm not sure about zappa, early to tell but I don't feel he is chelsea quality.