Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Wenger has been using him as a WB since they went 5 at the back and he has been exposed countless times, this time by our WB lol.

He's also failed in CM, I think he has the work rate but simply doesn't have the defensive ability/reading of the game to do anything but attacking, he's also not a goalscorer (2 PL goals in a season is his personal best? Jesus Christ!)

So can he join our squad as the 4th winger? He would be 4th choice behind everyone on both flanks in my opinion. It would be better to fill that role with an academy player like Boga than Ox in my opinion who has not improved one bit since he was 16.

• 3 weeks later...
On 23/07/2017 at 12:11, jack_super_class said:

Poor mans Victor Moses.

He is better than VM, he was playing for England at 19, very good burst of pace, can have a shot and it only 23, he could have his uses. Victor was seen as a complete drop pre last season and although he played out his skin was still weak defensively. The reality is we need a proper set of wing backs VM is a decent back up but that's all he should be. Ox is worth a punt since f**k all else is happening, will fill in the numbers and can be dangerous, not a Chelsea first team player by any means but conte must see a use for him. 

No way he is better then Moses. Especially in defence. There is no comparison there. Oxlade is like Kenedy in defence. Moses is solid both defence and attack. He is not world class, but he is solid, we should have upgraded this 2 position. RWB and LWB. But the board love to messed arround.

I just don`t see how such players will made us better. And for average players, you should try to scout them and get them earlier for less money.

It`s worth to spend big on world class players. 100% better to spend 70m. on 1 player, then 50m. on 2 average players, that would never ever be come close to world class.

Edited by brakeit

2 hours ago, brakeit said:

No way he is better then Moses. Especially in defence. There is no comparison there. Oxlade is like Kenedy in defence. Moses is solid both defence and attack. He is not world class, but he is solid, we should have upgraded this 2 position. RWB and LWB. But the board love to messed arround.

I just don`t see how such players will made us better. And for average players, you should try to scout them and get them earlier for less money.

It`s worth to spend big on world class players. 100% better to spend 70m. on 1 player, then 50m. on 2 average players, that would never ever be come close to world class.

If he can beat one player before crossing he'll be a 100% improvement on Moses...

Moses was rated as one of the best WB last season. Where was Oxlade? He could not get regular start for Arsenal ....

Moses have rating of 7.22, while Oxlade 6.99.

And Oxlade in defence is like Kenedy. We saw what even alonso do to him. For that position you need to be good, both in defence and in attack.

Whatever i watch him he was bad in defence, and hes stats says the same. And hes crosses are not better then Moses.

Untitled.png

Edited by brakeit