Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Batshuayi

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

3 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

He's a decent footballer but a bit of a Jack of all trades, master of none. 

He isn't better than any of our attacking players, he's not better than our midfielders and Moses is probably the better wingback. 

So what would you do with him? Considering you'd be looking to pay a small fortune in transfer fee and wages what's the attraction to buying him?

I think he would be like a hg geremi. Can fill in and do a competent job in numerous positions. I actually think that having a player like that would be pretty useful when there are so many fixtures. 

The main problems with this though, is the fee, his injury record, and I doubt he would be happy to play that squad role. 

Rumours that we're going to start negotiations next week (Sky Sports)  

Sky are reporting that he's told Wenger again this week that he's not signing a new deal so I reckon Wenger will reluctantly sell him. 

Would be a good squad signing. 

Not really felling this signing :/
Would rather buy a rwb and/or go all out for a top draw rw and verrrrrrrry reluctantly sell Willian to a team abroad (hopefully in Israel or something) and keep Pedro as he has showed he can score vital goals which Willian sadly lacks

32 minutes ago, LengmanJedi said:

Not really felling this signing :/
Would rather buy a rwb and/or go all out for a top draw rw and verrrrrrrry reluctantly sell Willian to a team abroad (hopefully in Israel or something) and keep Pedro as he has showed he can score vital goals which Willian sadly lacks

If this is true, i think he would play RWB for us and rotate with Moses more than play on the wing. He played there towards the end of the season for Arsenal and actually did quite well. I'm not sure he is defensively as good as Moses but he's definitely better going forward. Signing him wouldn't excite me much, but to fill out the homegrown players and add another natural wide player, i think he would be a good squad player.

DonAntonio and LengmanJedi like this

I can't believe he's still only 23. He would give us a good option anywhere down the right hand side. I still see him mostly as an attacking player but he definitely has the physical attributes to make a good wing back, and did a good job there for Arsenal towards the end of last season.

Unfortunately experienced wing backs are hard to find, since so few teams have been playing this system until recently, so it may be necessary to look at players who could adapt to the role if we want to strengthen that position.

In the current market I wouldn't be surprised if he went for 20-30 million or more. If we can get 20 million for Ake then this guy is definitely worth spending a few tens of millions on.

old git likes this

Before Conte, we all saw Moses as an average player and would have been happy to see him sold. Look at what Conte has done to the player, turned him into one of the first names on our team sheet.

Before the turnaround, we all would have rated Ox higher than Moses. Who knows what Conte can do to him?

Amputechture likes this

31 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

Before Conte, we all saw Moses as an average player and would have been happy to see him sold. Look at what Conte has done to the player, turned him into one of the first names on our team sheet.

Before the turnaround, we all would have rated Ox higher than Moses. Who knows what Conte can do to him?

Agreed. Conte has a knack for getting the best out of average/mediocre players

6 hours ago, Cam said:

I'd take him, I like his versatility.

Don't know why he'd come here when we certainly couldn't promise him first XI though.

Chance to win things, also prob fed up playing for a dinosaur of a manager. Antonio has real pulling power for players, Wenger, and the bitter one are yesterday's men, pep got lucky with a great team, since messed Bayern and city up! "Antonio Antonio"

I can see him get a lot of games...he's an improvement on Moses and also can play LWB too...if we can get Mendy then with Ox and maybe a big lump of a second striker then we would have had a great transfer window...

4 minutes ago, chi blue said:

Chance to win things, also prob fed up playing for a dinosaur of a manager. Antonio has real pulling power for players, Wenger, and the bitter one are yesterday's men, pep got lucky with a great team, since messed Bayern and city up! "Antonio Antonio"

I think it's more to do with Wenger playing favourites with his playing staff.

Ox can't get ahead of Bellerin for the RWB role

Can't get ahead of Xhaka, Coquelin, Ramsey, Ozil, Wilshere for the CM/AM roles

Can't get ahead of Theo and Iwobi for the winger roles.

I can see why he wants to leave. Conte picks players on merit and has a set of plans, they may not always work but at least Conte owns up his mistakes.

Sandro and Ox would be a great transfers window. With matic and costa still to be sold, the money is definitely there. 

I remember hearing ox was a chelsea fan, not sure how true it was. I think it would be nice to have some more english players in the squad. We only have cahill, arguably moses, and then possibly baker. 

I'm not saying we need to have a core of English players in the starting 11, because there isn't enough of that quality available. I just just think as a squad it would nice to have 4 or 5 English players to give the squad more of an identity, especially now jt has gone. 

55 minutes ago, doctorblue said:

I can see him get a lot of games...he's an improvement on Moses and also can play LWB too...if we can get Mendy then with Ox and maybe a big lump of a second striker then we would have had a great transfer window...

we aren't getting mendy, he will go to city for €57m

I'd happily take him. Most of us didn't know Moses could defend, so maybe Conte can teach AOC to defend as well. Going forward he's already better than Moses. He can also play in midfield if need be, and he's home grown. If Arsenal don't ask for a monster fee I don't really see any downside to this transfer.