Rangers Match Thread 2017/18

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

14 hours ago, carrickblue said:

well, 3 games against Celtic before the season ends. surely we can win one of them!

5 hours ago, Larky Blue said:

Hope so mate.

Would be great to beat them in all three. Now that would be a great excuse for a party!

On 11/03/2018 at 19:40, The Brit said:

Pity they couldn't defend for toffee...so naive for second and third goals...deserved at least a point, but if you can't score an open goal from a few yards out, perhaps not

He also missed two sitters with his head in the draw at the Piggery,Got to take your chances and he's not doing it and yes the defence is crap Alves has been a big disappointment. 

I think though we'd have won that game if the chance we had at 2-1 had gone in - the one where Morelos got to the bye-line and whipped it across the six yard box, a Rangers player (I can't remember who) just failed to get a touch on it at the near post but so easily could have made it 3-1

I really don't like the way Celtic stay on the pitch celebrating at Ibrox, you'd think they'd won the Champions League or something. It's disrespectful to Rangers but maybe shows that no matter what they win and do, the most important thing for them is beating us.

• 2 weeks later...

Will settle for a scrappy 1-0 win on Sunday. Spoke to one of my cousins the other night and he is going to the game on Sunday. We had a chat about Ray Wilkins and that brilliant goal he scored in 1988.

Tom Forsyth celebrating after the winning goal in the 1973 Scottish Cup Final

Image result for tom forsyth rangers

Edited by Boyne

21 hours ago, Boyne said:

Will settle for a scrappy 1-0 win on Sunday. Spoke to one of my cousins the other night and he is going to the game on Sunday. We had a chat about Ray Wilkins and that brilliant goal he scored in 1988.

I loved that 70s side, I was 10 when we won that final - they were simply heroes to me. Here's hoping the current run v the Tarriers comes to an end tomorrow.

11 hours ago, carrickblue said:

I loved that 70s side, I was 10 when we won that final - they were simply heroes to me. Here's hoping the current run v the Tarriers comes to an end tomorrow.

Agree, that team was brilliant. Doddie and McLean in the midfield, a great defence (Jardine has to be one of the best full-backs of the last fifty years) and the two Dereks upfront.

WATP.

On 14/04/2018 at 00:28, Boyne said:

My first final I was 10.

15 hours ago, carrickblue said:

Tommy McLean is married to my mum' cousin,came in handy when struggling for tickets,big Tam Forsyth stays about 10 minutes from where I live,see him a few times.