Barrettinator

Antonio Rudiger

17 hours ago, Brutos said:

Remember when a few wrote him off last season, he's our best defender with all the right attributes to become a legend at the club

From what I've seen, he seems to be a strong character in the dressing room. Captain material.

This is the player who surprises me the most from the day he came. He's getting better and better. I love his personalty. Just the right ammount of arrogance, toughness and positive spirit.

image.jpg

22 minutes ago, mojo said:

This is the player who surprises me the most from the day he came. He's getting better and better. I love his personalty. Just the right ammount of arrogance, toughness and positive spirit.

image.jpg

true but I still like Ake more - don't know why - maybe because Ake came through our youth system & he reminds me of Ruud Guillit

8 hours ago, robdog said:

true but I still like Ake more - don't know why - maybe because Ake came through our youth system & he reminds me of Ruud Guillit

I think your right, it's because he came through our youth, hes found his level at Bournemouth. Rudiger is at a higher level not just on ability but his character as well I believe. Many of our youth players who we all wanted to make it here eventually found their level, at teams like palace, Watford etc

32 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Absolute monster again today. Bargain of a signing when you see how much players like Laporte went for.

That shoulder barge at the end was stupid though, could have really cost us over something so stupid, needs to clam down. 

On 28/08/2018 at 22:52, robdog said:

I think that every time I look at him I wonder if there is a dirty little secret somewhere 

On 01/09/2018 at 19:36, Slojo said:

That shoulder barge at the end was stupid though, could have really cost us over something so stupid, needs to clam down. 

True, but I can't help loving that aggressive side of his. It's certainly going to cost us at some point, but damn it's nice to have someone back in the team with that much fire in them.

3 minutes ago, yorkleyblue said:

but does it though?  Does the name with the umlaut mean Rudiger but without an umlaut mean donkey-shagger?

Kev, once again you manage to surprise me, I didn't know you were fluent in German!

Kovačić gets his č and his ć, it's only fair that Rüdiger gets his ü :smile:

On 03/09/2018 at 12:56, yorkleyblue said:

but does it though?  Does the name with the umlaut mean Rudiger but without an umlaut mean donkey-shagger?

no. I didn't meant it very serious, no problem with Rudiger.

It is just that Rüdiger is a very old german name, not really in common use for today.

I just find it captivating in a way, hard to describe. Anyway lets get back to his qualities in football.

33 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Naughty this from Big Tony last night. He’s got a bit of a malicious streak to him at times.

He deserved it for that wild slide in.

48 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Naughty this from Big Tony last night. He’s got a bit of a malicious streak to him at times.

Hey when Der Panzer is coming through, one best get out of the way or risk getting ran over like Pavard :Troll_Face:

He goes in hard. That’s what we need in the team. He doesn’t seem the type of person to intentionally hurt someone but he’s straight in there if one of his teammates needs defending. Love it.