Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

dansubrosa

Are you worried about the squad size?

In my opinion at the very closest we have signed players like for like if not slightly inferior what defender have we signed as even a bit of potential to be John Terry the starting 11 may be good but where are the backups don't forget we  sold players last season for a lot of money. Also some players this season if you add it all up we are probably in profit  where is the replacement to Ramirez or Oscar  are we just going in to the Champions League playing two games a week with just two strikers  and the fullbacks last season were fantastic but at the beginning of last season I was not expecting that at all I just thought they were going to be squad players  we are champions and I feel the club is not backing the manager  we'll know he'll get the sack if he doesn't perform and The club are not acting quick enough it is coming across like they are just penny pinching  why don't we sign that  Dortmund striker as well that guy has got so much pace  and is a good finisher the way we play on the counter attack which would send shivers down our teams spines just like when we had Robin and Duff 

On 8/3/2017 at 01:51, startedwithglenn said:

Totally different watching an actual event play out in front of your eyes. 

If people are actually stressing about transfers they should get a bit more perspective. Once you go beyond the top handful of players in each position in the world, there is in reality much of a muchness as you slowly go down the pecking order. We are not talking about missing out on the chance to sign Lewandowski and being forced to settle for Ashley Barnes.

Stressing over something when you know absolutely nothing about what's actually going on or what conversations are taking place is stupid, end of.

If fans stop stressing over transfers or other things concerning their club, there'd be no point in visiting this, or any other football forum. 

It looks like the manager is very much stressed about the transfer situation and the state of the squad, if his interviews during the Asia tour weren't enough his yesterday's press conference was downright depressing. It's one thing to imagine things and look for reasons to complain when there aren't any but that's clearly not the case here.                                                                                                                                                                                            

dansubrosa likes this

It's all getting abit last minute again but I'm sure we will get the business done. A very minimum of 2 more signings imo, hopefully one of them will be a wingback.

Candreva or Ox would make a lot of sense because they're really versatile. VVD is an really odd rumour but I'd welcome him.

A wingback and centre midfielder should be our priority.

Strider6003 likes this

On 8/2/2017 at 23:51, startedwithglenn said:

Totally different watching an actual event play out in front of your eyes. 

If people are actually stressing about transfers they should get a bit more perspective. Once you go beyond the top handful of players in each position in the world, there is in reality much of a muchness as you slowly go down the pecking order. We are not talking about missing out on the chance to sign Lewandowski and being forced to settle for Ashley Barnes.

Stressing over something when you know absolutely nothing about what's actually going on or what conversations are taking place is stupid, end of.

Throwing the statement back , it could be asked why other fans feel the need to stress about what others are concerned about? These conversations would traditionally be held in the pub before and after a game. The internet forum though opens up the debate to talk about our team and football in general. Its healthy to get a good mix of opinions, strictly speaking nobody is right or wrong and yes it is all out of our control. Doesn't stop us caring though. 

Luckily a lack of depth isn't a huge issue in pre season, and bringing in squad players late isn't necessarily an issue either as they will have time to gel and understand the system as the season progresses without it having an effect on the teams performances as they are unlikely to be playing a pivotal role. 

That being said if we are still looking to improve the starting 11, i.e. players like Sandro then ideally they should have had at least part of preseason with the squad.

15 minutes ago, PedroMendez said:

Luckily a lack of depth isn't a huge issue in pre season, and bringing in squad players late isn't necessarily an issue either as they will have time to gel and understand the system as the season progresses without it having an effect on the teams performances as they are unlikely to be playing a pivotal role. 

That being said if we are still looking to improve the starting 11, i.e. players like Sandro then ideally they should have had at least part of preseason with the squad.

Agree, though in that period before the squad players gel we depend on the others not getting injured or suspended so a little bit of a gamble. The last thing you want is a poor start as straight away that harms your chances of defending the title. It does look like we don't like doing things the easy way.

15 minutes ago, BleedChelseaBlue said:

I'd be thrilled to add one more quality player at each level but I just can't see it...what's the latest on Diego anyway

Think his lawyer is trying to get his contract terminated as AM don't look like stumping up the money we want for him...

7 hours ago, timetowaste said:

I think we need 2 full backs and a CM then I think we should be fine

We have a lot of versatility in the back everywhere except Lwb/lb.  we need another to come in. After that I'd sign two more midfielders if possible.  And the icing on the cake would be another attacker 

Having thought a bit about it in recent days I'd actually be fine with a smaller squad if it means we finally have to play youth. 

Only exception to that is at wingback where we have no obvious youth replacements in the squad.

Hi All , i just joined , been a fan of Chelsea from 2006

Just a question going in my mind from days , Chelsea giving so many players on Load , selling many legends and than signing way less than what is needed, i am following the whole transfer window from day one here is what i feel ,

Morata good but somehow i feel he is not as aggressive as Costa  and with the rumor of Hazard leaving for Barca going, batshuayi everyone says he is good but when i see him playing i don't find him impressive enough who can dominate the opposition and bring us the title , so many rumors , latest of Bale but the pace of board seems slow or might be they are collecting money for stadium something but i am seriously not able to understand this equation , might be that i am wrong but is it the case that board is not looking for a win this time and concentrating on money , they might dont want to be dominated by Abramovich, i think atleast 6 signings are needed right now

Think the squad is laughably small in Centre midfield and in attack. Just look at the lack of choice in the community shield and the season hasn't even started ffs. 

We need two more centre mids, one attack minded and one defensive and two more attackers in case either or both of bats and Morata are duds or hazard takes a while to recover. 

More than that if the club doesn't show ambition hazard will leave. You can bet that 1. He wants to win the cl and 2. He wants to play with players at his level not one or two levels down. 

And you could say the same about Conte  

so yes there is a way to go in the window but I'm fairly unimpressed 

last season Roman actually apologieds to Conte but not much has changed 

I watched Bakyoko a few times last season and his lack of pace is a worry. I think Matic is faster. Bakyoko doesn't score many goals either. It's a key position and we are so thin there. 

It leads me to thikn Romans running out of money 

Having thought a bit about it in recent days I'd actually be fine with a smaller squad if it means we finally have to play youth. 
Only exception to that is at wingback where we have no obvious youth replacements in the squad.
So you don't want what Conte wants... If you play the youth you pretty much sacrifice CL and PL.

Non-chelsea fans get on our backs with 'youth this youth that' out of jealousy. I bet Tottenham would have liked the title instead of finishing second. Players are usually at their best when they are 27. Why not win the title with a more senior squad? What is wrong with that? Why do you want a kid break through our ranks where he's been for 3-4 seasons instead of winning the title. Can't have it all. Everton does that.
Luiz4Chelsea likes this

28 minutes ago, ozboy said:

Think the squad is laughably small in Centre midfield and in attack. Just look at the lack of choice in the community shield and the season hasn't even started ffs. 

We need two more centre mids, one attack minded and one defensive and two more attackers in case either or both of bats and Morata are duds or hazard takes a while to recover. 

More than that if the club doesn't show ambition hazard will leave. You can bet that 1. He wants to win the cl and 2. He wants to play with players at his level not one or two levels down. 

And you could say the same about Conte  

so yes there is a way to go in the window but I'm fairly unimpressed 

last season Roman actually apologieds to Conte but not much has changed 

I watched Bakyoko a few times last season and his lack of pace is a worry. I think Matic is faster. Bakyoko doesn't score many goals either. It's a key position and we are so thin there. 

It leads me to thikn Romans running out of money 

Why do you think we are laughably short in attack?

For me this is one of our strongest areas.

For the wide attacking roles we have one World class option in Hazard, then two top class options in Pedro and Willian (both would start for all but the Manc Clubs), and then exciting talents in Boga and Musonda as back ups. You could also include the fact that Moses can play here if needed as can Remy and Bats in a pinch.

And then for the striking roles we have Morata potential WC and Bats who deserves a shot with us as he scores goals when he plays (9 goals in 700 minutes) both fighting for one spot and then Remy as back up. Whilst Remy has obviously struggled over the last 2 seasons with injuries lets not forget that he still has a fair amount of Premier League (79 app, 28 goals), Champions League (25 app, 5 goals) and International experience (31 apps, 7 goals), which for a 3rd choice striker in a 1 striker formation isn't bad.
Further if you look at the current composition of last years top 6's squads, he is actually one of the stronger 3rd choice strikers, behind Welbeck at Arsenal and Maybe Bony at City although he is likely to be sold.

On your point about lack of ambition and the level of quality not being up to Hazard's standard;

We currently have 3 World class players in the squad (Courtois, Azpi and Hazard), with a bunch of players in the level below (Kante, Willian, Pedro, Luiz and Fabregas).  

Realistically what players out there are on Hazard's Level and available?
We can't afford to sign the Neymar's of this world so that rules out most, especially those in their prime, historically been pretty rubbish at picking up WC players that have peeked and what we seem to do wellis picking up players that have yet to become World class but they develop into it; Hazard himself, Robben, Lampard, Terry, Cech, Azpi, Courtois and Drogba all spring to mind. Even Ashley Cole developed into WC at the club. I can only think of 2 players that were successful at the club and signed as WC players Fabregas and Ballack. 

Yet we have been chasing a world class LWB in Sandro, whilst we haven't got anywhere yet we have still been atleast chasing him.
We have signed a potentially WC striker in Morata from RM at 60-70m a player that looks like he has all the attributes to be world class and loves scoring on the biggest stage. 
And we have signed Bakayoko a player highly sought after who had just won Ligue 1 with his team in order to upgrade our midfield, if not in personnel quality just by being a slightly better fit for the role he is tasked to do. For the record I rated Matic and think we are losing out big time selling him but Matic is not faster than Bakayoko.
We have also apparently been chasing VVD whilst already being stacked at CB and he is another according to some with the potential to be WC.

All of which to me suggests ambition, at least to to improve and give the manager the starting 11 he wants, although maybe with a slight lack of execution.

There does however seem to be some disconnect between the Board and Conte over what constitutes suitable depth, for which we are atleast a LWB and CM short, I'm sure the board agrees with this, but also could do with another RWB, CM and ST.

Luiz4Chelsea and @nkits like this