Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

If we can get him for what he's worth come January...around £8m...then he's worth taking a punt at but my instinct is that he's holding out for a Spuds contract because apparently them and the Dippers are the best places to go for young English talent...err good luck lads

Interesting input from Joey Barton though I'd take it with a grain of salt. Still, if it's true, it puts a new twist on the situation.

He said: "I heard a really interesting thing about what happened with the Ross Barkley transfer. Conte turned his phone off and Barkley's representatives were trying to contact him.

"He wanted to say 'look, where am I going to play', and Conte turned his phone off. That is why Barley got cold feet and never signed.

"He thought, 'well, if the manager isn't answering the phone to me he clearly doesn’t want me', and that is why he went back to Everton."

Read more at https://talksport.com/football/joey-barton-reveals-ross-barkley-rejected-chelsea-move-after-antonio-conte-turned-his-phone#ewF5meOwFoo7UQWk.99

1 hour ago, Barrettinator said:

Interesting input from Joey Barton though I'd take it with a grain of salt. Still, if it's true, it puts a new twist on the situation.

I very much doubt Barton know's anything about the deal.  He sensationalises everything about himself and now add the fact he works for TalkSport I would say that's almost doubled!

I can't see Conte turning his phone off when we're trying to sign a player considering how much he has stated he want's more players! 

3 hours ago, Barrettinator said:

Joey Barton is a know nothing moron that lives in a fantasy land, so ignore literally everything he says in that article.