Barkley

Zeta
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

This honestly could go either way if we do sign him. He is an incredibly talented player, but has stagnated at everyone either due to attitude or whatever. Moving to us could kick him back in and we have a fantastic player, or his attitude could be the same and he becomes a waste of money. It's only a year ago people would have loved this signing, he is as close to a lampard style of player there is available at the moment, a player we desperately need so i think it's a gamble worth taking.

Personally not too keen about this but if it comes through, I'll back him as I do any Chelsea player. He better come good though. It's a massive gamble by the club though because he'll probably take a couple of weeks to a month just to get back his full fitness much less match sharpness.

He is not as good as RLC, so for me this is a no brainer. Plus the fact didn't this guy f**k us about in the summer . Doesn't he want to sit on Tottenham's treatment table instead of ours.

If we need more presence in midfield let's give Drinkwater more game time and let's recall RLC. He's definitely ready.

4 hours ago, doctorblue said:

Why spend any money on him at all...if he wants to come then let him show his commitment with a free transfer in the summer...besides we'll have RLC and Mason Mount in the first team then...

I don't think Loftus-Cheek is better that him.......yet. Loftus-Cheek is younger so has more time on his side, but Barkley is currently the better player. Their movement and passing is pretty much equal, but Barkley has a knack for creating more goals, he also scores goals which Loftus-Cheek doesn't quite have in his game yet. We need a goal scoring midfielder RIGHT NOW, i don't think the club will risk it and wait for Loftus-Cheek to add that to his game.

I think we are going to have to just get used to Barkley being a Chelsea player, because i think this transfer will go through. I have thought this way since the deal apparently broke down at the end of the last transfer window.

I don't think Loftus-Cheek is better that him.......yet. Loftus-Cheek is younger so has more time on his side, but Barkley is currently the better player. Their movement and passing is pretty much equal, but Barkley has a knack for creating more goals, he also scores goals which Loftus-Cheek doesn't quite have in his game yet. We need a goal scoring midfielder RIGHT NOW, i don't think the club will risk it and wait for Loftus-Cheek to add that to his game.
I think we are going to have to just get used to Barkley being a Chelsea player, because i think this transfer will go through. I have thought this way since the deal apparently broke down at the end of the last transfer window.
Think there's a long way to go before his "our" player...

19 minutes ago, doctorblue said:
21 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Think there's a long way to go before his "our" player...

Hope you're right. I don't think this guy actually wants to play for us. If he comes it will be because he is not wanted there and it will make financial sense to him. I stil feel that if the Tottenham option comes up he will go there. I hope so anyway as i don't particularly rate him.

He is a decent player but i put him in the same bracket as Wilshere. Undoubted talent but far too inconsistent, made of glass, and overrated now based on unfulfilled potential from when they were young.

Still don't see the point of buying him, he's just coming back from a long term injury, so he basically has no pre-season, fitness or the form to play. I suppose we have a few cup days to 'trial' him, other than that cant see him getting anywhere near the starting 11. Next season, we will get RLC back and buy another attacking player or 2, there's more chance he'd go on loan than playing for us

will be a chelsea legend :JC_doubleup: nah all seriousness, i don't see the downside to this. young, english, talented, and if he finds previous form again he could be a great asset to us. for the fee quoted it's a very good deal too. loftus-cheek doesn't seem to be favoured by conte in the central midfield role, so this makes sense. 

Would take him for £15m. Considering we were willing to buy him for £35m in the summer and now getting him a lot cheaper and is English and still very young, would be a good addition. Adds something different from our other CM too. Can run with the ball, can pass and has a good shot on him too. He just needs consistency. But when we play 3-5-2 he at least would offer more of a goal threat compared to our other CM.