Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

52 minutes ago, AndyBlue82 said:

Surely that begs the question of why we allowed RLC and Chalobah to leave then?

Well I think we was always going to loan out RLC, and with Chalobah I think it was more him that wanted to leave 

On 14/07/2017 at 09:29, Geert The Flyer said:

But waiting won't solve our HG problem, unless we start shipping in players from our youth squads. 

We can do that anyway. We're allowed to pad the squad with as many club trained U21's as we like. Unless the regulations have changed recently that is. 

1 minute ago, doctorblue said:

Don't see what all the fuss is about Barkley...he's bang average and destined to dwell in mid-table mediocrity for all his career...next

Agreed.  If we are going to sign an Englishman from a PL team, I'd rather it was Ox.

Chigzzer likes this

1 hour ago, doctorblue said:

Don't see what all the fuss is about Barkley...he's bang average and destined to dwell in mid-table mediocrity for all his career...next...might be in a minority of one but I feel Jack Wilshere might be worth a punt is he's cheap enough...

I agree and have said this for a while. If Wilshere's game time is managed correctly he could do a job for us 10-15 games a year and he's a cracking player. Good squad depth plus he'll be cheap and is a HG option, should be all over it rather than spending 25-30m on Ross Barkley...

doctorblue likes this

Barkley is a CM/DM. His quality suits that way more than being an AM or No. 10. They should have worked on his positioning and vision to further improve him instead of letting him play No. 10 when he was younger

Barkley is a CM/DM. His quality suits that way more than being an AM or No. 10. They should have worked on his positioning and vision to further improve him instead of letting him play No. 10 when he was younger

Are you talking about the Mikel-treatment?
Sexyfootball likes this

On 20/07/2017 at 12:29, doctorblue said:

Don't see what all the fuss is about Barkley...he's bang average and destined to dwell in mid-table mediocrity for all his career...next...might be in a minority of one but I feel Jack Wilshere might be worth a punt is he's cheap enough...

Lol. I thought this was a spot on comment about Barkley beign bang average. Then you threw in another bang average midfielder as an alternative!

Kev123 and CFCholland like this

Good player but other than he's English I don't see what he offers that Oscar didn't? Not effective enough to be a number 10 yet not tactically sound for a dm. He's probably best suited for a box to box midfield role in a midfield 3. But again I'd say Loftus Cheek is as well and if he was given the chances barkley has had I don't see the difference.