Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
coco

Arsenal Vs Chelsea (Pre-Season) Sat 22/07 2017 KO 12:40 GMT

313 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

The club's twitter page gives a blow by blow account, 8-2 at the moment. No clean sheet, cue the worrying posts :wink:

Edited by Valerie
Floyd25 likes this

If it's 8-2 and even Dave scored they are probably playing some players that are on trial for the club. 

8 minutes ago, carrickblue said:

what time will it be in the UK when the Arsenal game kicks off?

12:40 pm

carrickblue likes this

I'm glad to see Michy making such a good impression. I hope Conte will make him his first striker during pre season, and who knows, he may end up becoming our first striker in general. The lack of CL experience is hardly relevant, I can't remember Drogba having CL experience. Michy is a smart striker (unlike Lukaku who just is the equivalent of an angry running bull), who can deliver great passes and fits perfectly with Hazard's style of playing. And for God sake, we payed 30mil for him. 

6 hours ago, Geert The Flyer said:

I'm glad to see Michy making such a good impression. I hope Conte will make him his first striker during pre season, and who knows, he may end up becoming our first striker in general. The lack of CL experience is hardly relevant, I can't remember Drogba having CL experience. Michy is a smart striker (unlike Lukaku who just is the equivalent of an angry running bull), who can deliver great passes and fits perfectly with Hazard's style of playing. And for God sake, we payed 30mil for him. 

This is his opportunity to step up, but he won't have long, pre-season is maybe the only chance he gets, depends on him, he should be fresh and fit to go, now it's up to him.

4 minutes ago, coco said:

This is his opportunity to step up, but he won't have long, pre-season is maybe the only chance he gets, depends on him, he should be fresh and fit to go, now it's up to him.

It was the same with Moses. He got Conte's attention by having a good pre-season, if Batshuayi can do the same then you never know.

coco likes this

It's pre-season, but who cares. Chelsea back on the pitch vs the Gooners. Wish some of the signees were present, but ok regardless. Community Shield st Wembley in two weeks more interesting, but hey, let's see what we put on the pitch Saturday in the Far East.

Come on you Chelsea!! :bluescalf::bluescalf:

It's too late for #Chelsea to get a Chinese visa for Morata in time for Saturday, meaning he will join the squad in Singapore. [Telegraph]

Is this the first match in the preseason?

Have to admit, other than keeping an eye on confirmed transfers, I have been taking a break from football articles from the papers etc .  That way I can get excited for the new season again, rather than the constant saturation. 

startedwithglenn likes this

1 hour ago, Zola said:

Is this the first match in the preseason?

Have to admit, other than keeping an eye on confirmed transfers, I have been taking a break from football articles from the papers etc .  That way I can get excited for the new season again, rather than the constant saturation. 

The first team have already played Fulham in a behind closed door friendly which they won 8 2...yes the Arsenal game is the first of their Asian tour matches followed by Bayern Munich in Singapore next Tuesday...

Watching the Man Utd vs Man City pre-season tickle fest at the moment live from Houston. Surprisingly, there is a good bit of energy and intensity in this one. It feels as though each team (coach) is trying to send a message to the other club.

I am not expecting the same intensity Saturday with Arsenal. But then again, who knows.

13 hours ago, Chelsea Buzz said:

Watching the Man Utd vs Man City pre-season tickle fest at the moment live from Houston. Surprisingly, there is a good bit of energy and intensity in this one. It feels as though each team (coach) is trying to send a message to the other club.

I am not expecting the same intensity Saturday with Arsenal. But then again, who knows.

wenger has already stoked the fires by saying Chelsea vs Arsenal i never a friendly

Posted (edited)

Maybe it's not and ofcourse i would rather win as opposed to lose but i wouldn't want any unnecessary intesity added to it either.

To put it another more extreme way, i'd happily sign for a 6-0 loss here and in the Charity shield if it meant we won the game at The Bridge in September 1-0.

Edited by Argo
didierforever likes this

4 hours ago, Don Conte said:

wenger has already stoked the fires by saying Chelsea vs Arsenal i never a friendly

Remember not only has Conte got to have a look at teh new players, play with systems etc but also play and assess which fringe/youth players will be included in the squad, there is way more emphasis on having a look at whats going on that winning. 

Picking the right squad, system and player roles is season defining beating Arsenal in a pre season means nothing...

4 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

I thought i'd let people know ( if you didn't already know that is ) that the game is live on ITV1.

Course it is Arsenal are playing.

Hoping that Pasalic gets a run in this one. He seems to have all the attributes required to play in our midfield two. He was also keeping Bakayoko out of the Monaco team 12 months ago. 

I'd like to see he and Baker stay on as Chalobah and RLC did last season.