Arsenal Vs Chelsea (Pre-Season) Sat 22/07 2017 KO 12:40 GMT

coco
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

1 minute ago, dynamite said:

Great stuff. I wasn't able to watch the match today, so glad we showed them who's boss and sent a statement to the rest of the league that we're ready to defend out championship.

I also remember after our last 2 title winning seasons in 2010 and 2015 that we sucked during preseason, so glad we managed to hit the ground running this time.

COME ON CHELSEA!!!!!!

::ChELSeAFaN::::ChELSeAFaN::::ChELSeAFaN::

The funny thing is that Wenger said before the game that games involving Chelsea and Arsenal can never be a friendly and this would be a good way to see where his squad is at this stage.........well after that he must be sh*tting himself. That was our 1st proper pre season games and Arsenal's 4th and we looked far ahead of them.

3 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

The funny thing is that Wenger said before the game that games involving Chelsea and Arsenal can never be a friendly and this would be a good way to see where his squad is at this stage.........well after that he must be sh*tting himself. That was our 1st proper pre season games and Arsenal's 4th and we looked far ahead of them.

Knowing Wenger, he'll probably change his tune for the community shield and build it up as a friendly. :laugh2::laugh2:

Hope Morata and Bakayoko are involved in that to give Pinocchio more nightmares :biggrin::biggrin:

Don't normally like to dissect the game too much on here, but as this is our first 'proper' game back after the break I'll give it a go!

I thought we started with a much higher level of intensity than Arsenal, which was great to see; Conte clearly never lets the level drop and the guys were clearly focused. I did worry that we might gas ourselves out fairly early as Arsenal have a few more games on us, and in that kind of hot, humid climate it can happen much quicker anyway. Fair play though, they made it until midway through the second half, and it gave some of the young guys a chance to come on anyway. 

Overall thought everyone did very well, considering. Willian looks determined and deadlier than ever before, Pedro before he came off looked lively and showed some good play, and Batshuayi should've had a hat-trick really! Had a few poor 'sighting' efforts but the two he did score were excellent finishes, showing what a natural goal-scorer he is. Also seemed to link up nicely with the others. Wouldn't have any problem with him stepping up and starting more games, and would prove a fairly reliable guy to bring in should Morata struggle, or even get injured. Kante was once again everywhere, and Fabregas played several world class balls. Saw Moses check out of a few full tilt sprint races so hopefully that's just a case of getting back up to full fitness.

Not too much to say on the youth as I don't claim to be as clued up on them as others here. Says a lot I though that we never really lost control of the game, even when it was basically Chelsea youth + Remy.A few promising glimpses from some of them, Baker and Tomori stood out to me, but I have to say Boga stood out even more. He looks quick, has fantastic touch and control, and made some good decisions and kept a cool head when other young players might've had a wild shot or ended up getting dispossessed. Would like to see more of him. 

Also thought our new kit looked really smart on. No big patches of white or red, no fussy stripes or details, just a great shade of blue with a normal collar. Training gear looks good too.

All in all, a nice start to our pre-season and hope we can carry that on to give us a good platform the community shield. Can't wait to see our new signings playing too!

It was a very good game, friendly but worth to watch. Our senior team did the work very well, Michy and Willian impressed. I really hope we will keep Fabregas with us for the next season, his passing ability is just crazy. 

The situation with Pedro didn't look good, I really hope he will be fine. 

Boga was decent, he had some good runs and nice dribbling show, but sometimes he did it too much. That performance was good for him, but still, has things to improve. 

Tomori also had some good moments, I think he did his job good on RWB position, his speed actually surprised me. Physically good enough and seems like he can go forward with the ball.

Others youth didn't really impress, but it's okay, they had 15 minutes and we still have a lot of games to play. 

Anyways, it's always fun to win Arsenal, well-done boys! COME ON CHELS!!!

46 minutes ago, Spiller86 said:

Didn't see the game in the end. How were Pasalic and Baker?

They got 15 and 20 minutes respectively. Baker looked eager to get involved.

As for Pasalic, dont remember a prominent moment, thought our other midfielder (Scott) was better.

47 minutes ago, Remy10 said:

I have to say Boga stood out even more. He looks quick, has fantastic touch and control, and made some good decisions and kept a cool head when other young players might've had a wild shot or ended up getting dispossessed. Would like to see more of him. 

Agreed, he's a real talent, having kept up with the loan report, he was written off a little bit, but I wouldn't be oppposed to him sticking around, he's an exciting player. 

2 hours ago, Don Conte said:

I agree with everything u said except that boga plays with his head down unlike baker who uses his eyes. Boga reminds me of SWP and i dont mean that in a good way. There were many breaks were his pace helped him and all he had to do was look up and pass but instead he kept his head down and kept running

Yea I don't disagree he is young, need to learn to look up, he wants to beat everyone which is good but not if you lose the ball when a pass is on 

35 minutes ago, DonAntonio said:

Yea I don't disagree he is young, need to learn to look up, he wants to beat everyone which is good but not if you lose the ball when a pass is on 

He's a raw talent, I think Conte can improve his overall game and take him to the next level, at the moment he's a very exciting prospect. I remember years ago when he was being compared to Kakuta, he's above that level. None of the other young players particularly stood out for me, aside from Tamori, he's looks class in my opinion. Still not sure on Kalas, looked class a few years ago, I don't know if he's developed that much, but he could stick around as a squad player. 

3 hours ago, Don Conte said:

WHAAAT. We need another cm we only have 3 cesc bakayoko kante  and we need another LWB Only Alonso. Kennedy doesnt count

A lot depend on his plans for barker, I personally would not even think about selling matic till Jan 

5 minutes ago, barak81 said:

A lot depend on his plans for barker, I personally would not even think about selling matic till Jan 

I dont think Conte sees baker as a cm he sees him as an attacking midfield based on his position in the game today. I dont mind selling matic as long as we replace him or replace chalobah

5 minutes ago, robdog said:

BTW, I figured out who freed Marcos Alonso on the third goal. It was this guy

Easily my favourite move of the game. Just class from Cesc and a good take by Tomori. Pity it hadn't ended in a goal.

Courtois - 6/10 - Basically had nothing to do, cos Arsenal are sh*t.

Moses - 7/10 - Got up and down well, got in some good tackles, looked more like the Moses of the beginning of last season
Azpilicueta - 6.5/10 - Solid. Thought he should have come off earlier though, when he seemed to injure himself
Luiz - 6/10 - Don't really remember him having much to do
Cahill - 6/10 - Same as Luiz
Alonso - 6.5/10 - Bit slow chasing back on occasions, got some good passes and crosses in going forward

Kante - 7/10 - Kante
Fabregas - 6.5/10 - Controlled the middle well

Pedro - 6.5/10 - Good pace and energy, but should have been sent off for his outrageous flying headbutt into Ospina's fists
Batshayui - 9/10 - Very good link up play, good first touches, strong, 2 great goals. Only downside was he was weak in the air and didn't challenge much for high balls.
Willian - 7/10 - Took his goal well and gnerally solid

SUBS (Who did enough to be judged):
Cabellero - 5/10 - Don't know if it was a tactic or something he picked up at City, but seemed intent on short passes out from the back, and was sloppy with them, which seemed to spread throughout the defence and led to more sloppiness
Tomori - 7/10 - Looked surpisingly solid. Some good tackles, good tracking back, good running forward. Would like to see more of him in the next game.
Kenedy - 3/10 - Time to be sold I think, he's just not good enough. Struggled in everything he tried.
Boga - 6.5/10 - Not as blown away by his performance as some. He showed good pace and quick feet, but overdid it sometimes, trying to do too much and lost the ball. Doesn't look quite ready, maybe a loan at a better club than Granada this year could help his development.
Baker - 6/10 - Looked eager to get involved, vision was good, if a bit lacking in execution. Hopefully will get longer in the next game to see what he can do.
Remy - I'm not sure why he's still here.

Broadly agree with most of this but Fab was better than 6.5 and despite head down sometimes Boga also better than 6.5. Thought he was good.

Kennedy was poor.