Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
coco

Arsenal Vs Chelsea (Pre-Season) Sat 22/07 2017 KO 12:40 GMT

313 posts in this topic
16 hours ago, Remy10 said:

Don't normally like to dissect the game too much on here, but as this is our first 'proper' game back after the break I'll give it a go!

I thought we started with a much higher level of intensity than Arsenal, which was great to see; Conte clearly never lets the level drop and the guys were clearly focused. I did worry that we might gas ourselves out fairly early as Arsenal have a few more games on us, and in that kind of hot, humid climate it can happen much quicker anyway. Fair play though, they made it until midway through the second half, and it gave some of the young guys a chance to come on anyway. 

Overall thought everyone did very well, considering. Willian looks determined and deadlier than ever before, Pedro before he came off looked lively and showed some good play, and Batshuayi should've had a hat-trick really! Had a few poor 'sighting' efforts but the two he did score were excellent finishes, showing what a natural goal-scorer he is. Also seemed to link up nicely with the others. Wouldn't have any problem with him stepping up and starting more games, and would prove a fairly reliable guy to bring in should Morata struggle, or even get injured. Kante was once again everywhere, and Fabregas played several world class balls. Saw Moses check out of a few full tilt sprint races so hopefully that's just a case of getting back up to full fitness.

Not too much to say on the youth as I don't claim to be as clued up on them as others here. Says a lot I though that we never really lost control of the game, even when it was basically Chelsea youth + Remy.A few promising glimpses from some of them, Baker and Tomori stood out to me, but I have to say Boga stood out even more. He looks quick, has fantastic touch and control, and made some good decisions and kept a cool head when other young players might've had a wild shot or ended up getting dispossessed. Would like to see more of him. 

Also thought our new kit looked really smart on. No big patches of white or red, no fussy stripes or details, just a great shade of blue with a normal collar. Training gear looks good too.

All in all, a nice start to our pre-season and hope we can carry that on to give us a good platform the community shield. Can't wait to see our new signings playing too!

Good post - agree with everything apart from the kit!  We have to face up to the fact that our primary kit is pretty dull as far as kits go.  Blue with a bit of white here and there - really nothing to write home about.  The blue is a nice shade and that's about it really.  Despite some efforts to jazz things up several decades back we've never made the steady transition from plain old blue to allow the designers of today much scope to use a broader palette - we've currently got red and that 'muddy' gold in the club crest so why not use that in the design

Remy10 likes this

Although that was only a pre-season game, it was a pretty impressive performance. Considering Arsenal has played 4 games already and near the end of the pre-season, and we only played out first real game. Both managers picked a strong team, and we won it convincingly without our new signings, their star striker played and didn't get much of a sniff. I recall in the disastrous 2015 season, we couldn't beat a MSL team, pretty safe to say our title defence this year will go a lot better.

Backbiter likes this

2 hours ago, Bloo said:

Good post - agree with everything apart from the kit!  We have to face up to the fact that our primary kit is pretty dull as far as kits go.  Blue with a bit of white here and there - really nothing to write home about.  The blue is a nice shade and that's about it really.  Despite some efforts to jazz things up several decades back we've never made the steady transition from plain old blue to allow the designers of today much scope to use a broader palette - we've currently got red and that 'muddy' gold in the club crest so why not use that in the design

I think the new kit is fantastic.

20 hours ago, didierforever said:

They got 15 and 20 minutes respectively. Baker looked eager to get involved.

As for Pasalic, dont remember a prominent moment, thought our other midfielder (Scott) was better.

Very pleased that Kyle Scott has been given a chance to show what he can do at this level. As many of you will be aware, I have long held this lad in high regard and despite a lot of other comings and goings he has managed to hang on in there through every development stage so far and deserves this opportunity. Mason Mount may have more flair, Charly Musonda more natural talent, but Scott has great technical ability, reads the game really well, can play in a number of midfield roles and, most important of all, he has the ability to control the pace of a game in a Pirlo-esque fashion.

Clearly, he has trained well under Conte and I don't think he would let anyone down if the boss used him as cover in any of the CM roles [apart from the Bakayoko marauding one] now that Nathaniel Chalobah has gone and Ruben Loftus-Cheek is out on loan. He only had fifteen minutes to impress yesterday, but patrolled the midfield busily and, whenever opposing midfielders on the ball looked up, there he was ready to dispossess and distribute simply and efficiently. Having said all this, he will probably find himself out on loan with the rest come early August, but I hope not, even though there seems to be changes afoot for the Development Squad players that remain...

A quick check on the official Chelsea website reveals that the Academy now currently consists of just an Under-18s group with 19 kids in it and a single Development Squad of a dozen players, the most notable of which are Dujon Sterling, Mason Mount, Kyle Scott and Trevoh Chalobah. This drastic reduction in numbers is due in no small part to a further 12 youngsters having already gone out on loan, namely:- Abraham, Palmer, Kane, Colkett, Collins, Aina, Loftus-Cheek, Piazon, van Ginkel, Ugbo, Zouma and Dasilva. It looks to me like a complete overhaul is about to take place.

Edited by Dorset

4 hours ago, Bloo said:

I guess kit design is a subjective matter! Beauty in the eye of the beholder and all that. I do agree it's not much of a 'design', but then again I'd rather plain with a nice colour than something too try hard (see united and their fan designed third kit). I loved, and still have, my Umbro centenary shirt with the gold, but when Leicester went gold and blue I thought it looked tacky. If we have a big season though the kit will look much better to everyone at the end, however. :JC_doubleup:

Bloo likes this

I thought the idea of a plain home kit is what the majority of people wanted. That can still be messed up but I think Nike have maybe listened to what people wanted.

ashwin and coco like this

1 hour ago, Richard P said:

I thought the idea of a plain home kit is what the majority of people wanted. That can still be messed up but I think Nike have maybe listened to what people wanted.

best kit we have had since 05.

Teeblue, Don Conte, dkw and 1 other like this

1 hour ago, robdog said:

:Troll_Face:

I really hope Michy is given a chance to prove himself. The fact that he only had one start in the league iis mind boggling

robdog likes this

16 minutes ago, Don Conte said:

I really hope Michy is given a chance to prove himself. The fact that he only had one start in the league iis mind boggling

IMHO Michy is still young & I hope Don Antonio still has faith in him - I read this statement & I wonder if Don Antonio still trusts Michy

“Last season it was a difficult season for Michy but don’t forget he scored a very important goal to give us the title,” Conte said. “I think last season he had a bit of difficulty because it is not easy to play in the Premier League. It is a physical league and a very strong league.

“After one year he is working very well and he is improving. Me and my staff want to improve every player and Batshuayi is a young player with great potential and it is important for him and for us to work in this way, and for him to understand what I want. For me the striker is very important, he is a point of reference. If he stays in the right position, it is easier for us, for the team and to play good football.”

STATS likes this

14 minutes ago, robdog said:

IMHO Michy is still young & I hope Don Antonio still has faith in him - I read this statement & I wonder if Don Antonio still trusts Michy

“Last season it was a difficult season for Michy but don’t forget he scored a very important goal to give us the title,” Conte said. “I think last season he had a bit of difficulty because it is not easy to play in the Premier League. It is a physical league and a very strong league.

“After one year he is working very well and he is improving. Me and my staff want to improve every player and Batshuayi is a young player with great potential and it is important for him and for us to work in this way, and for him to understand what I want. For me the striker is very important, he is a point of reference. If he stays in the right position, it is easier for us, for the team and to play good football.”

I am sure if Morata has difficulty  adapting to the prem Conte wud still play him and just say he needs to learn from the experience. I am for equal opportunity and i dont think Michy has been given a fair shot at the striker position even though i cant really blame Conte bcoz Costa made the position his. I mean Conte still played him even though he knew he was shipping him off at the end of the season

robdog and RIP Mourinho like this