Sergi Roberto

TomCFC85
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

1 hour ago, ozboy said:

Maybe the evidence is that he has only played a handful of games there. When he has played there he just hasn't looked like he has "attacking flair". Not to my eyes anyway. To me Moses looks like a natural wing back, he wants to run with the ball, happy to cut infield and is a surprisingly effective one on one defender. Dave is more of a positional player, always more focused on defense than attack. Anyhow that's what I see right or wrong.

He doesn't look like a natural wing back he looks like what he is a winger that's learning to defend as he goes, people willing to praise a failed winger given a chance to adapt to rwb but not give a brilliant rb the chance to adapt? He can't defend very well at all and once he runs at players etc he can't get a ball in to the box, other than running back and forward and being very committed he isn't good enough if we are honest. 

Edited by DonAntonio

He doesn't look like a natural wing back he looks like what he is a winger that's learning to defend as he goes, people willing to praise a failed winger given a chance to adapt to rwb but not give a brilliant rb the chance to adapt? He can't defend very well at all and once he runs at players etc he can't get a ball in to the box, other than running back and forward and being very committed he isn't good enough if we are honest. 

Alonso?

25 minutes ago, wallosh said:

Alonso?

I think Alonso's biggest problem is lack of speed, which, of course, is critical for the position he plays. I don't think he's a bad defender, not great, but far from poor. He's tall, strong, good techique, can cross and hit the ball well and is actually a very intelligent player who follows the tactical plan quite well. But his lack of mobility makes him a liability when he's up against fast and tricky attackers.

I think Alonso's biggest problem is lack of speed, which, of course, is critical for the position he plays. I don't think he's a bad defender, not great, but far from poor. He's tall, strong, good techique, can cross and hit the ball well and is actually a very intelligent player who follows the tactical plan quite well. But his lack of mobility makes him a liability when he's up against fast and tricky attackers.

Well, I and Conte are more confident with Moses defensive abilities as a wingback than Alonso. Except you guys have been watching a different Chelsea team last season or you know better than Conte who is willing break our bank to get a Left wingback.

5 minutes ago, wallosh said:

Well, I and Conte are more confident with Moses defensive abilities as a wingback than Alonso. Except you guys have been watching a different Chelsea team last season or you know better than Conte who is willing break our bank to get a Left wingback.

How do you get to the fact that Conte thinks that Moses is the better defender?

How do you get to the fact that Conte thinks that Moses is the better defender?

There is only one way to know. Let the season begin. And we see who play the most games between the two after Conte must have brought in the players he want.

11 minutes ago, wallosh said:

You do realise Conte confirmed today we tried to sign Walker who is a right back and went for around 50 million right?........

Edited by Chelsbear

Just now, wallosh said:

There is only one way to know. Let the season begin. And we see who play the most games between the two.

That has many different factors besides just defensive ability (overall quality, fitness levels, quality of rotation options, injuries, etc), and that in no way supports the claim you have just made.

or is there no basis to your claim that your opinion is Conte's opinion?

You do realise Conte confirmed today we tried to sign Walker who is a right back and went for around 50 million right?........

I saw a headline related to that but I disregarded it because am not sure Walker is really an upgrade on Moses. Moreover, there was no sign that we were desperate to sign him like we did with Sandro.

1 minute ago, wallosh said:

I saw a headline related to that but I disregarded it because am not sure Walker is really an upgrade on Moses. Moreover, there was no sign that we were desperate to sign him like we did with Sandro.

Based on? The Sun or mail? 

There is no quotes on Sandro there was on walker.

Based on? The Sun or mail? 
There is no quotes on Sandro there was on walker.

What I meant was that of all the players we have been linked to, the link to Sandro shows that of all positions we want to strengthen we are more desperate to sign a LWB. Which means Conte probably isn't planning for Alonso to be first choice this season in that position.

7 minutes ago, wallosh said:

What I meant was that of all the players we have been linked to, the link to Sandro shows that of all positions we want to strengthen we are more desperate to sign a LWB. Which means Conte probably isn't planning for Alonso to be first choice this season in that position.

No it doesn't in the slightest it shows that if there is the option to bring in a world class player then we are going to try and take it.

The fact that we were looking at Danilo and Walker who are of much lower quality than world class player to come in at RWB would suggest that we rate Moses much less highly by your logic 

Edited by PedroMendez

56 minutes ago, wallosh said:

We made a £50m be for Kyle walker...

The right back Kyle walker.

40 minutes ago, wallosh said:

So you disregard something that shows your wrong, marvelous.

I wouldn't mind seeing this guy alongside Kante and Bakayoko in a midfield three. Give him the freedom to use his pace and dribbling skills to move us quickly up the pitch and help out Morata/Batshuayi + Hazard. Like Pedro he is also very good at pressing and intercepting, wich would make our central midfield a nightmare to play against. Offer Barcelona 40 mil for his release clause and give him a significant pay raise (he is currently on 70k).

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, jack_super_class said:

It wont get done then

Activating the release clause won't be a problem (and hopefully getting a bid accepted below it so it doesn't trigger the tax penalty), it's demonstrating to the player that he's better off in Chelsea than at Barcelona for his playing career...though of course nearly doubling his wages would help...

3 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Ud apparently also bidding for him. Do they actually have their own scouting team or just look at who we're linked with??

Oh don't go down that road. Utd fans in the past use to accuse us of that with the Robben, Essien transfers etc. Its perfectly normal for two top teams to compete for a good player.

On 27/07/2017 at 16:45, wallosh said:

I'm surprised you gave conte the honour of being mentioned in your peerage 

whispers that barca are going to sell him because he's not happy with being essentially replaced by paulinho. we are interested, along with utd, milan and juve. if we could get his signature it would be a great coup considering who else wants him. the fee is rumoured to be 40m euros.