Transfer Options

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Been doing some YouTube scouting, since I have nothing else to do at work a the moment, and come up with some players who might be worth considering:

LEFT BACK

Raphael Guerreiro (Dortmund) (23) - Seems to be quite an attacking fullback, decent pace.

Jose Gaya (Valencia) (22) - Very fast, good crossing, quick feet. 

RIGHT BACK

Joao Cancelo (Valencia) (23) - Good dribbling, reasonably quick.

Sime Vrsaljko (A.Madrid) (25) - Good crossing, pace.

CENTRE MID

Julian Weigl (Dortmund) (21) - Good passing range

Jakub Jankto (Udinese) (21) - Good set pieces, goal-scoring midfielder.

I agree with the fact we need 2 wing backs and a centre midfielder, but I'm not sure if the board will sign another 3 players.

I reckon we'll get one wingback and a midfielder, or two wing backs but no midfielders. Signing 3 players would make it a perfect transfer window but who ever does a perfect transfer window?

32 minutes ago, Zeta said:

Been doing some YouTube scouting, since I have nothing else to do at work a the moment, and come up with some players who might be worth considering:

LEFT BACK

Raphael Guerreiro (Dortmund) (23) - Seems to be quite an attacking fullback, decent pace.

Jose Gaya (Valencia) (22) - Very fast, good crossing, quick feet. 

RIGHT BACK

Joao Cancelo (Valencia) (23) - Good dribbling, reasonably quick.

Sime Vrsaljko (A.Madrid) (25) - Good crossing, pace.

CENTRE MID

Julian Weigl (Dortmund) (21) - Good passing range

Jakub Jankto (Udinese) (21) - Good set pieces, goal-scoring midfielder.

I like Cancelo, he was linked to Barca at one point, but then his stock decreased and they went after his countryman Semedo. He is a nice player to watch, impressive going forward but suspect defensively. May be worth the risk. Being heavily linked with Juventus at the moment.

Guerreiro, Cancelo and Weigl for me if those are our last options.

The Sandro deal should've gone much quicker before Juve let Bonucci and Alves leave.

The Bakayoko deal also took too long when the board should have already known about the selling of Nate, RLC and Matic.

I'm not being ungrateful or anything and if I am, I apologise but all I'm asking is for the board to do their job or at least tell us what's going on and the direction we're heading

Of the ones I looked at, I really liked the look of Gaya at LWB. He looked rapid (much faster than Alonso) and good at running at players and crossing.

By the way, in case anyone hadn't realised, you can click the names for the youtube link.

Seems like a Football Manager 2017 shortlist to me. 

All good players though, probably would cost a lot because I think most are settled however we do need strengthening in all the areas you pointed out. Could do a lot worse!

Anyone thought about buying Leander Dendoncker from Anderlecht ? His price is set at 30 million euros and man does he got stamina. He already showed his capabilities in the Europa League (Quarter final against United). Good going forward, can be played as an CB as well. No reason not to go for this guy. 

8 minutes ago, Geert The Flyer said:

Anyone thought about buying Leander Dendoncker from Anderlecht ? His price is set at 30 million euros and man does he got stamina. He already showed his capabilities in the Europa League (Quarter final against United). Good going forward, can be played as an CB as well. No reason not to go for this guy. 

I'd buy him just for his name alone.

1 hour ago, jack_super_class said:

I was just about to mention him and the other side Ricardo Pereira who was on loan there from Porto.

He looks the closest we'll get to Sandro.

Wendell could be an interesting target for us for the LWB position. Can go forward, good defensively, and good technique. Might be Marcelo style. 

Aurier would be a fantastic signing for the RWB position, but he has been banned from England for 4-5 years. Maybe we could request something to try bring him, he is definitely not in PSG plans.

Florenzi could be also a possible target for us.

RB

Pareira - 

Was at Nice from Porto I think. Plays as right back and can play at left, too. Very attacking, quick and skillful. Not sure how good defensively.

CB

If Van Dijk becomes openly available, Conte should do everything to sign him. Can't let Liverpool just take him.

LB 

No Idea. 

Would liked to have seen Baba there. He would be perfect for wingback but big injury so not much chance at all. Need someone, though. Not sure about Bertrand. Might not be good value with English factor.

CM

For a cheap option, William Vainqueur. Good stamina. Combative, aggressive style. Was on loan from Roma to Marseille last year. A bit of depth and probably won't mind being 4th choice.

Dendoncker looks very good. Two footed, good size, seems quite good technically. Can see him having a presence in midfield. 25m would be a bargain.

Btw, should have kept Ruben.

FW

I would have liked Mahrez. Someone who could link up with Hazard on a similar level. Can help break teams down, too. 

Ox. Could fill three positions. WB, AM, CM. Would be a good buy imo.

ST

Difficult to see. Liorente? 25m for a 32 year old?

Seems like Conte wants a traditional target man type, someone physical, good in the air, etc..

Benteke, liorente fit that. Kruse doesn't. Andy Carroll? Hehehe...

(Still, would be nice to see a few more English players in the team.)

Unlikely that the striker will be a huge name or a big buy.

Belotti would have been great. Complete unrealistic now, though. 

Morata, Belotti, Batshuayi would have been fantastic. :}

I hope that doesn`t happen. This board is going to kill me. It`s not normal to be interested in such player in the same day you sold player like Matic for 40m.

With such players we will have hard time trying to get in top 4.

Edited by brakeit

2 hours ago, Fruity66 said:

We gotta do something... haha. 

As much as i like seeing us get the squad ready... after selling Matic we have sold 17 players... we gotta get some in haha...getting a little worrying.

We have a hatful of loanees and youth player we can bring in, every first team squad member who has left/ is going to leave has been/can easily be replaced by what we have.

Begovic - Cabellero (downgrade but not really an issue)
Terry - Christensen (upgrade as a player, massive downgrade as a character for the squad)
Zouma - Rudiger (upgrade)
Ake - JCS (downgrade but 6 top class CBs is too many)
Aina - Tomori (no real difference)
Matic - Bakayoko (downgrade, potential upgrade)
Chalobah - Pasalic (upgrade)
RLC - Baker/Boga (upgrade)
Costa - Morata (downgrade, potential upgrade)
Solanke - Remy (Upgrade)

Depthwise we are probably slightly stronger than last year, yes we should probably improve Kenedy, Pasalic and Remy (who I always seem to forget about) but what we have sold we already have replacements for.

Personally for LWB I would like us to go for Shaw, Davies or I suppose Telles.

For CM I would like to go for Goretzka, Dendoncker, Milinkovic-Savic or Rabiot.

And for ST I would go for Milik, Llorente or Dembele, I also would like a cheeky bid for Iheanacho.

Edited by PedroMendez