Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Fatty_Speeding

Danny Drinkwater

5 hours ago, enigma said:

does anybody know why we can't call back van ginkel for cm? shouldn't have let him go, he did pretty well by all accounts last season. 

We can't recall after a month of loaning him out. It'd be like spitting the other club in the face.

14 minutes ago, charierre said:

Leicester apparently want £40m for Drinkwater. Having given Matic to ManU for the same amount it beggars belief. If we pay this our transfer strategy is seriously flawed.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/08/16/chelsea-edging-closer-signing-leicester-midfielder-danny-drinkwater/

Sod that...there's no way we should be interested in him full stop let alone spanking £40m on him...please give it up and look elsewhere...

it's the price you gotta pay for a decent english player in this league these days, especially as leicester consider him a key player for them. long gone are the days of paying 15-20m for a player of his qualities. 

Suarez also didn`t want to play for Liverpool and even put a transfer request, yet he stay for another year and that was his best year at the club. Then they sell him ....

We could have done exactly the same with Matic ....

And of course Leicester will want that much for him. They know we are desperate, thanks to the sh** board.

So where are the people who are saying, the board know what they are doing, waiting so much ? Stalking so much ???

For every player now, and there is only average player left they will overpay.

This re**** didn`t want to give 50m. for a great players like Mendy or Walker, neither 30m. for Danilo, same goes for Sandro, who Marina was thinking she could have get his price down, but will give 40m. for Drinkwater ... If that happen, my fury will unleash on them.

Edited by brakeit

The price is the key point but I think largely that is because we have by my count only two more non HG spots to fill.

We need an English midfielder and Drinkwater ticks that box. So we pay massive overs for him. Just shows you how poorly we have managed this summer. 

14 minutes ago, Spiller86 said:

The price is the key point but I think largely that is because we have by my count only two more non HG spots to fill.

We need an English midfielder and Drinkwater ticks that box. So we pay massive overs for him. Just shows you how poorly we have managed this summer. 

Would have preferred to keep Ake who can play midfield, centre half and left back. That transfer now baffles me more.

Frankie8Lampard likes this

I think he probably wanted first team football. Which makes sense in a World Cup year. 

Drinkwater isn't a bad player but you can't help but feel for 40m there are other better options out there. The English quota is biting us.

The price is this, because we have no option. If we acted early, the price would be a lot lower and even if they decide not to sell, we still have plenty time to look elsewhere.

It`s all board fault to wait that long.

Every team in the world know that we need players desperately and will want high prices now.

Why in the blue hell you sell Matic for 40m. and take Drinkwater for that price ... It`s a fuc**** disgrace.

Even the worst of Matic is a lot better then Drinkwater. And stop this nonsenses that Matic give nothing to our attack. He wasn`t good enough for a starter in this system, but yet he still give 7 assist and 1 goal.

And not to mention the last year almost everyone of Leicester drops their level big time. The have 1 good season, they was on fire form and that was.

Dawning was the same, 1 good season, and hop Liverpool took him and you know what happen. Charlie Adam, Carroll, and so on ....

I`m preparing for worst if they get Drinkwater ....

This summer was so promosing, how could they destroy it so much ....