Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

coco

Chelsea Vs Burnley (PL) Sat 12 Aug 2017 KO 15:00 GMT

Wow, hello 2017-18. It started with a rubbish XI (I realize Conte had few options other than Morata over Batshuayi) and then compounded quickly with the 14' RC for Cahill. Probably the worst bench for a PL match for Chelsea in 25 years.

Thought for playing half the "B" team, we controlled the play well until the red and then everything fell apart. Absolutely lost composure. Down a man and no Hazard, Pedro, Morata or Moses, you would expect a struggle. Batshuayi really looked poor. Never threatened, could not control any passes, no hold up ability at all. Thought Boga was ok given the situation until he had to be subbed. 

Thought Willian, Kante, Cesc, Alonso, Azpilicueta and Morata really gave a lot of effort in the second half. Morata showed he has top class skills and once Hazard and Pedro are back in, should be fun to watch. 

I know many have compared this to 2015-16. It is not the same for me. We were only about 55% of our full strength and the players did not give up.

The worst part is Tottenham is next on the fixture list. Just not good timing for that one.

Need to buy 2 or 3 players, get healthy, get past the suspensions and regroup. Lots of football left. Sort it out and get after you Blues!!

Come on you Chelsea!! :bluescalf::bluescalf:

51 minutes ago, old git said:

Because some of the senior players lost their composure and discipline, starting taking the piss out of the referee i.e Fabregas's needless first yellow. Even down to ten men, we were well capable of beating this mob but we became disorganised and too cavalier in our approach. Morata is light years ahead of Batshuiyi in movement, control and intelligence and should start every game from now on. Use Batshuiyi as an impact sub. which seems to suit him.

My thoughts too, 10 men 0-0 against Burnley shouldn't have been insurmountable. A quick reshuffle make ourselves difficult to score against and pick them off. Instead,possibly showing the off field tensions within the squad, we totally lost our heads and shape to the team. We had the personnel on the pitch to put two banks of four. Bad day at the office all round.

I can see why both red cards were given, Craig Pawson though seemed to be on a mission and typically he wasn't consistent throughout the match. This was the twat who missed the blatant penalty against Palace too last year. 

old git likes this

1 hour ago, Pendergast said:

This little c**t Pawson was quite confident with his decisions, wasn't he? Isn't that strange for you guys. Its not about making a mistake, its about a piece of wondering, hesitation, consultations with the colleagues. He did none of this. This f*** sh** was on mission. 

The man is a northerner. From somewhere near Doncaster I think.

I don't want northerners refereeing games between Chelsea and northern teams.

A northerner will always be pro-northern. Totally BIASED.

Mez

Pendergast and Jackbuchanan like this

Possible memo from the EPL/Sky:

Congratulations agent Pawson. Another fine performance from our elite northern referees especially you two from Yorkshire. Having said that, we will have to keep a watch on Bobby's fatness (sorry fitness!) although we were pleased to see him do his duty with respect to Pedro last week. We will continue our policy of having no southern referees for the forseeable future and promise to keep an eye on those Wiltshire pair in case of any problems regarding our favoured northern teams. Keep up the good work!

JoseBlues likes this

Just got back from game. Thumbed through the match thread, some harsh comments on some. The reaction in the stadium was telling that no one thought a red card would be shown. The foot that is studs up looks like it missed the leg and the trailing leg catches the player. Barnes tackle on Matic here which could have broken his leg went unpunished. The ref made the game hard for himself for booking Alonso on his first challenge.

We didn't adapt our formation well at 10 men, should have stayed 3-4 and played Two up top. Went to a back 4 sat deep and Michy wasn't good at holding it up to build play. Ref was under pressure with tackles going in from Burnley, eventually booking 2 or 3. Couple looked bad on Alonso Rudiger but haven't seen them back. 

Positives, christienson looked good, Morata was good, Rudiger good. Even with all that went on we nearly got a draw. Better decision making and a couple of signings we should be ok. The attitude was not like the 2-2 against Swansea two years ago, the players really worked hard at 10 then 9 men. 3 or 4 looked like they were going to be sick at full time. Burnley were shakey at 3-0! but it's not all on Cahill.

12 minutes ago, Chelsbear said:

The rules state that intent with studs up which there was, it was a bad reckless foul that was a red card all day long.

you are a bit funny - even a ref disagrees w/ your statement

1 hour ago, mez said:

The man is a northerner. From somewhere near Doncaster I think.

I don't want northerners refereeing games between Chelsea and northern teams.

A northerner will always be pro-northern. Totally BIASED.

Mez

If not for mentions of Chelsea, I would have thought this was a Game OF Thrones threat and you are a Lannister :P

Well... glad the game was at 10 am EST and not 7 am EST like last friendly...

I'm glad the game turned out that way and that sh*tty ref was giving red cards to our players left and right. The bad thing, Boga didn't get to play a lot. First half was well... CRAP. I mean, I get it, we are 1 man down but it does not justify the crappy defense.  I don't know but the first goal was entirely Curtois fault. The other 2 one was well a hell of a hit and the other miscommunication in the defense. I hope we get to see more ACC - Luiz - Rudiguer from now on.. Cahill did not deserve that red card... I would have issued a yellow. As soon as I saw that red I knew we were in for a crappy match. Yet, Cahill as the captain should have been more patient and yes you lost the ball but since when you are a dribbler?

Michy, sadly, didn't do much but seeing Morata's performance in less time makes you wonder if he is up there to lead our attacking line. I would say let's play Morata more. Morata played so well and according to Antonio Conte he is not even fully fit; I'll take my chances with Morata thank you. Fabregas, yes I love your passion but WTF bro? You already got a yellow for being sarcastic then almost got another for complaining when Kante tackled that guy and the referee called a foul. Then he goes and tackles some guy... Seriously, I understand adrenaline is pumping but take it easy.

Overall, sh*tty game but it will either force the board to buy players or will force Conte to walk. I'm happy, once again, with what I saw. Looking forward to the Spurs game. Redcafe is going crazy with how long Conte will last but I'll be there for their suffering which will be better, way way better; people in denial tend to meltdown way worse than "sane people".

PS: Loved the zoom into Emenelao's face for like 5 mins on the NBC broadcast. I laughed so hard.

Strider6003 likes this

Just seen the highlights. That's a soft red card on Cahill for me, yeah he misses the ball but it wasn't out of control. It looked more of a block tackle than anything else. A yellow, yes. A red? Very harsh for me.

As for Fabregas' first, silly... second, I thought he touched the ball before the man, but that's me.

i felt Tibo coulda maybe done better with the first and Kante was too far away from the short pass for their third.

Morata looks class though which is good.

2 hours ago, Chelsbear said:

The rules state that intent with studs up which there was, it was a bad reckless foul that was a red card all day long.

Rubbish. You see tackles like that go every game on our players including today with nothing but a foul given. Going on what people said on here i was amazed when I saw it at how tame a challenge it was, never a red.

Fabregas' second was ridiculously soft as well. I'd normally be furious about a player being booked for dissent but having seen the "foul" for his first I can hardly blame him.

Edited by jack h
TheChelsRVA likes this

5 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Just seen the highlights. That's a soft red card on Cahill for me, yeah he misses the ball but it wasn't out of control. It looked more of a block tackle than anything else. A yellow, yes. A red? Very harsh for me.

As for Fabregas' first, silly... second, I thought he touched the ball before the man, but that's me.

i felt Tibo coulda maybe done better with the first and Kante was too far away from the short pass for their third.

Morata looks class though which is good.

Not seen highlights yet, your view though is similar to my own on initial viewing. I can understand why both reds were given, Cahills borderline  Cescs stupidity. We lost this game though on failing to adapt to a situation, we know the importance of staying in the game, this we failed on in the first half. 

EmeraldBlue likes this

I'm amazed at some comments. The ref was all over the game with a terrible bias. The first yellow to Alonso came when, at the 5th minute? Direct red at the 15th? And no card for Burnley? Clear stud tackles for Burnley got passed with a yellow, and what was a yellow for Chelsea went with no card for Burnley players. That is a clear biased refereeing. 

Also, what can you expect from a team when is constantly intimidated by the ref? You've just been sent off your captain and you get a yellow for breathing, I kind of expected that first half with our players totally out of place. The second half we recovered our game and as soon as we get back on track the c*nt of the ref starts making decisions that stops our momentum. Red to Fabregas? Yellow to Rudiger? Studs from Burnley get a yellow?

Burnley would never win if the ref had not been a biased tw*t. This is a clear example of how a ref can influence the outcome of a match, and didn't even try to conceal his bias, the c*nt.

i'm still pissed off after watching that performance by the ref at SB.

Edited by RMH
TheChelsRVA likes this

4 minutes ago, RMH said:

I'm amazed at some comments. The ref was all over the game with a terrible bias. The first yellow to Alonso came when, at the 5th minute? Direct red at the 15th? And no card for Burnley? Clear stud tackles for Burnley got passed with a yellow, and what was a yellow for Chelsea went with no card for Burnley players. That is a clear biased refereeing. 

Also, what can you expect from a team when is constantly intimidated by the ref? You've just been sent off your captain and you get a yellow for breathing, I kind of expected that first half with our players totally out of place. The second half we recovered our game and as soon as we get back on track the c*nt of the ref starts making decisions that stops our momentum. Red to Fabregas? Yellow to Rudiger? Studs from Burnley get a yellow?

Burnley would never win if the ref had not been a biased tw*t. This is a clear example of how a ref can influence the outcome of a match, and didn't even try to conceal his bias, the c*nt.

i'm still pissed off after watching that performance by the ref at SB.

I can understand the annoyance. We had more than enough on the pitch to blow Burnley away. Our reaction to the Cahill red afterwards lost us this game.

The red changed the game that said:

1 we didn't adjust well positionally to losing Cahill. Luiz and Rudigier didn't know where each other was.

2 we learned that batman just isn't up to it as a hold up player. That surprised me a bit because at the end of last season it looked like he might be able to do that at the end of last season. But all of preseason, the community shield and now today made it clear he can't. Just doesn't have the authority.

3 fab just isn't up to it in a t so man midfield. You have to be able to run with the ball and pass in a two man midfield. Fab doesn't run with the ball. I see his suspension as a blessing in disguise although I'd not be playing Luiz there next week.

4 spirit was good in h2.

40 minutes ago, charierre said:

I can understand the annoyance. We had more than enough on the pitch to blow Burnley away. Our reaction to the Cahill red afterwards lost us this game.

I'd say Alonso's yellow in the 5th minute should have let us known what this ref was all about. But I don't agree with you, sorry, i think it is normal that such a biased refereeing will undermine any team's work and make it be all over the place. It is not just the red, it was that every single tackle from us was a foul given to them while they got away with murder. If I was annoyed and all over the place at the Shed, the players must have been beyond believe. And the fact that Luiz was so aggressive at some point of the match shows how they were feeling about the whole ref charade. They are human after all and the ref was taking the mick in their home.

As I said before, there are some positives to take. I enjoyed watching Christensen, and Morata was superb with his goal and assist. (I'm not that all grumpy)

3 minutes ago, RMH said:

I'd say Alonso's yellow in the 5th minute should have let us known what this ref was all about. But I don't agree with you, sorry, i think it is normal that such a biased refereeing will undermine any team's work and make it be all over the place. It is not just the red, it was that every single tackle from us was a foul given to them while they got away with murder. If I was annoyed and all over the place at the Shed, the players must have been beyond believe. And the fact that Luiz was so aggressive at some point of the match shows how they were feeling about the whole ref charade. They are human after all and the ref was taking the mick in their home.

As I said before, there are some positives to take. I enjoyed watching Christensen, and Morata was superb with his goal and assist. (I'm not that all grumpy)

We all see games differently, it's what makes football a great game. The ref did us no favours,I do believe though if we react correctly with our skill set we win that game

1 minute ago, charierre said:

We all see games differently, it's what makes football a great game. The ref did us no favours,I do believe though if we react correctly with our skill set we win that game

I have no doubt whatsoever that given the chance we would have recovered from being 1-0 down. What I argue is that the ref made sure with his decisions that we did not react well to the sent off and subsequent goal. It is not something I normally say and I don't want to be taken as one of those that complain about referees all the time, but today it was as biased a refereeing as I've rarely seen at SB (maybe the match against Spurs when we gave Leicester the PL title, that refereeing was bad as well), and we lost because of the constant (not the red to Cahill) mistakes of the ref that prevented us from recovering the game.

But I agree with you that the team should have not displayed that disarray in the first half under normal conditions.

A bad day at the office.

Cahill what was he doing getting a red in the opposition half, for me he should not have been in that position.

Fabregas when you have got a yellow and we are already a man down, 'use your loaf man!'

Courtois - didn't seem to get close to any of the goals today.

Allowances - Moses, Pedro, Hazard, Bakayoko etc.

Good points - Morata looks like he will be a class striker for us. Good to see Christensen almost get a second.

Conte - could not understand why we did not start with Morata, why risk Fabregas in a two man midfield when Luiz can play there. Did Conte underestimate Burnley?

Expect us to bounce back yet of course would have preferred the opening 3 points. 

Edited by Strider6003

Well now ...none of us saw that coming did we?

Highly disappointing. However as much as the ref was rather biased again that is no excuse for us falling apart like that. 

Conte got it wrong I am afraid. Away to spurs and go down to 10 men go defensive? Absolutely. But at home to Burnley and ruin boga's debut?

No you got it badly wrong boss, you gave them the incentive and our defense crumbled. We had a go second half and low and behold we looked half decent. 

mez and Strider6003 like this