Spuds Vs Chelsea (PL) Sun 20 Aug 2017 KO 16:00 GMT

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Just now, Ernie_blue said:

Baka will be a beast when he is fully fit. Will be a big upgrade on Matic 

Was a normal weekend for Willian, lacks creativity, heavy touches and takes too long to put in the killer pass.

yeah...he was great defensively. And made some great runs. Reminded me of those unstoppable runs yaya toure used to make 3 years back.

And yeah, he is a great upgrade over Matic aerially.

Willian had a poor game by his standards but he did help defensively. Dont forget it was a new role for him. Second striker.

Huuuuuge result. Who needs Alex Sandro?

Luiz, Kante: the character those two showed was just elite. Massively under the kosh. So many tackles and interceptions. Bakayoko was great on debut as well. 

Dave marshaled superbly today and Andreas (our youth in the middle of defence!!!) and Rudiger coped well in the second half under pressure. 

Perhaps the only disapointment was in the striking department. Moratas miss and Michy's goal the two worst moments. 

Also we finished with 11! Hooray!

8 minutes ago, PedroMendez said:

Andreas Christensen's game by numbers vs. Spurs:
100% pass accuracy
9 clearances
4 blocks
2 aerial duels won
1 interception

DHsCyBfXkAAtSMC.jpg

DHsDfOWXUAAVZYu.jpg
10:06 AM - 20 Aug 2017

•  

He's coming for your spot Gaz. Been on the bandwagon for years, he'll step right in the center spot when Luiz goes as well. 

Edited by TheChelseaBlues

f**king brilliant performance today.

First 30 mins we were the better side with Morata missing that sitter and of course the goal. Spurs then dominated the rest of the half and for most of the 2nd half, but ours defence stood firm.

Alonso will get the plaudits today, but for me Kante was absolutely f**king heroic today, that guy really is our rock. Bayayoko did well considering it was his first start. He'll improve and go on to have a great partnership with Kante.

I really hope now our board buys at least 3 quality players next week. This was a great victory, but we still desperately need to add to this squad, but things are looking up compared to last week. Hopefully Hazard is back soon too, maybe we'll see him against Everton.

But for now I'm going to enjoy this win.

COME ON CHELSEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

::ChELSeAFaN::::ChELSeAFaN::::ChELSeAFaN::

11 minutes ago, Dr Gonzo said:

Can we finally look past signing Van dijk, absolutely no need to spend the money. 

We shd buy him and stick luiz in midfield. RUDIGER over Cahill for lyfe... And we need a 3rd choice striker i dont care if he is from the championship Batshuayi cant be trustred. I am sure alonso looked up , Saw batshuayi and said f**k it i will shoot from this tight angle

Just now, The Don Antonio said:

We shd buy him and stick luiz in midfield. RUDIGER over Cahill for lyfe... And we need a 3rd choice striker i dont care if he is from the championship Batshuayi cant be trustred. I am sure alonso looked up , Saw batshuayi and said f**k it i will shoot from this tight angle

So Remy doesn't count?