coco

Chelsea Vs Arsenal (PL) Sun 17 Sep 2017 KO 13:30 GMT

1 hour ago, mclovin83 said:

Courtois

Azpi             Luiz        Rudiger 

Zappacosta   Bakayoko   Kante    Fabregas      Alonso

Willian

Morata 

Don't expect to see this, but it's the line-up I would choose to utilise both our form players, as well as our current strengths which I think will be too much for Arsenal. 

Hazard doesn't look quite fit/sharp enough to start yet, and with such a long season ahead I wouldn't rush him back for the sake of it, especially when Willian is in the form he is. 

That midfield will dominate Arsenal, and as long as we can get Cesc on the ball and/or crosses in from the wide players then Morata is going to reek havoc in the box. 

Willian with a floating role covering every inch of grass from box to box as he usually does will be equal to having a 12th man, and he's lethal on the counter which will always be telling against Arsenal. 

Should things not go to plan, having players such as Hazard & Pedro on the bench is obviously a real welcome sign of strength in depth, but the games are coming thick & fast now so a bit of rotation/rest will do the squad good in my opinion. 

Absolutely spot on! 

I definately think Zappa should start in place of Moses, as good as he has been for us. See how he fares against a better ( well slightly) opposition. 

mclovin83 likes this

will be the same line up as Leicester imo

he started Zappa cus hes 'rotated' him in, and will 'rotate' Moses back in, who is now got direct competition so will be motivated, just hope he 'rotates' Rudiger back into that back 3, but expect the captain to get his place back (lets see how ruthless AC is)  

Arsenal have not got better this last season and now- so its baffling to me how they have got the better of Antonio, I expect this to be rectified early Sunday (5.30 am for me)

3-1 or the like please

robdog likes this

man I just realized this match is on Sunday (which is a good thing) @ 5:30am Pacific Standard Time (ok that sux a bit). Still I am hyped about this match. I don't know why. I hope Don Antonio remembers the BS from the past Wembley experience & runs le arse dicks into the ground. The gooner hater is coming out of me again. I guess it's a bit of justice because I have been laughing at the gooners for the past couple of years.

Zola and wallosh like this

12 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

I reckon we're going to smash the granny out of them. 

Morata and Hazard to have a field day with their back line. 

Another unhappy return to Stamford Bridge for Petr Cech. 

I couldn't agree more. 

It would be really disappointing if we don't raise our game for this, we should be licking our lips, they're vulnerable, we look strong, get them. 

5 hours ago, luckywerthers said:

chelsea really need to beat them proper, losing the last two played against them still rankles me, especially as it was at the expense of two trophies

An early goal and it could very well turn into a thrashing. They're fragile mentally and will most certainly fold if we junk on them.

luckywerthers likes this

Courtois

-------------

Azpi

Luis

Rudiger

-------------

Alonso

Bakayoko

Kante

Moses

-------------

Willian

Morata

Hazard

Hazard looks a bit of the pace still, understandably. I'd still start him though, because he does offer something special even at sub optimal level. 

Zapacosta and Fabregas got the the full games midweek so expecting them to be on the bench, and I'd prefer it that way, tbh. Willian will probably be a sub for this, but I'd like him to start over Pedro. 

dhidza and wallosh like this

Personally i see Conte play with his 3-4-3 with Kante-Fabregas in middle, in front Pedro-Willian-Morata, and i see Hazard get in toward 60min. Hazard isn't totally willing to play 90min in a game, mostly against Arsenal. Or Hazard begin at the place to Willian and he get out toward 60min because isn't can play 90min yet. 

Edited by Cyborg7

Arsenal fans seem quite confident on their forums and i've seen a lot of our fans mentioning how we have a poor record against them under Conte. I think when you look at the actual games we've done well against Arsenal overall. The only game they truly dominated us was before the switch to 3-4-3. 

We drew 1-1 in the charity shield with us losing on penalties and having 10 men. Game was basically a friendly and we had no time to bed in new signings. Had Pedro not seen red i imagine we see that game out with a win. 

We spanked them 3-0 in pre-season. Men against children. Probably the same competitive level as the community shield.

Lost 2-1 in FA cup final, mainly due to playing with 10 men and half a team switched off after winning the league. 

February 2017 we spanked them 3-1 and completely dominated them in every aspect. 

3-0 loss before the formation switch. Still playing like the year before, we're a complete different beast now. 

Really confident a think we'll put a couple past them this time round. The players are looking sharp and we're an even better team than last year. Not to mention the fact Arsenal are struggling and lack any form of back bone. 2-0 here.

Sun zhi likes this

If we can score 2 early on, the game could be over by then. I think Conte would go with 3-4-3 or 3-5-2 with Drinkwater in there if he's fit or Fabregas if he can take it. 3-4-3 is good against the lower teams but I can see 3-5-2 being the main formation against the Top 6 as most of them is focused on attacking centrally. 

Kolasinac, Lacazette is the man to watch for me. Ozil can be a nuisance but it depends. Keep all 3 quiet and Kante covering Ramsey, I think we can have a serious go at them.

Go all out on this game and we can field a weakened side against whoever in the LC.

Edited by Deino

I think it will be the same team against Leicester, maybe Willian for Cesc to add more pace in the final third. Our success against Arsenal has been built on strong midfield out-muscle theirs, in the last 2 cup games we haven't done that. I think Conte is well aware of that, and Bakayoko will definitely start to add the must needed energy. It's best for Hazard to come off the bench again, he will do some serious damage after Willian/Pedro ran them ragged for about 60 minutes. My only worry is our finishing, the midfield week apart we haven't put any teams away yet this season.

robdog likes this

I would start 3-5-2 and full strength (Zappa and Bats back to the bench) for this and if we go a couple ahead then switch to 3-4-3. I also expect them to be a little less prepared after the late start against Cologne, 9.10pm. Wenger was not happy!

Expecting three points.

I'd go for the 5-3-2 that we used against Spurs. Arsenal are sh*te, but they seem to have our number under Conte. 1 win and 3 losses in 4 games (if you include the loss on penalties). I don't want to lose to these bar stewards again.

It will be embarrassing for us to play a defensive game against Arsenal at the Bridge. Lots of neutrals will be amazed.
Sun zhi likes this

Arsenal fans seem quite confident on their forums and i've seen a lot of our fans mentioning how we have a poor record against them under Conte. I think when you look at the actual games we've done well against Arsenal overall. The only game they truly dominated us was before the switch to 3-4-3. 
We drew 1-1 in the charity shield with us losing on penalties and having 10 men. Game was basically a friendly and we had no time to bed in new signings. Had Pedro not seen red i imagine we see that game out with a win. 
We spanked them 3-0 in pre-season. Men against children. Probably the same competitive level as the community shield.
Lost 2-1 in FA cup final, mainly due to playing with 10 men and half a team switched off after winning the league. 
February 2017 we spanked them 3-1 and completely dominated them in every aspect. 
3-0 loss before the formation switch. Still playing like the year before, we're a complete different beast now. 

Really confident a think we'll put a couple past them this time round. The players are looking sharp and we're an even better team than last year. Not to mention the fact Arsenal are struggling and lack any form of back bone. 2-0 here.

Let's hope we don't get a player sent off then.

With the late Thursday kick off this could be coming a bit too soon for them. I'm not sure if Hazard was deliberately taking it slow on Tuesday because the game was already won and he didn't want to get injured. If he's 90% fit I would start him and put Pedro on the bench.

I would also consider putting Luiz in midfield. They do have an attacking approach and we should seek to control the middle.

We need to remember how quickly they came out in FA Cup final. We really need to be up for this and move the ball quickly early on.

It will be a big statement if we can beat them. Whatever people say Arsenal are one of the tougher sides and having already beaten Spurs, the Blues will be sending out a clear message with a victory.

COYB

PS - Please can we finish with 11men.

Strider6003 likes this

This is a tough team selection -  Moses or Zappacosta? Whether to start Fabregas? Is Hazard ready to start? What formation?

I'd personally go with Moses over Zappa for this game, purely for the fact that he's tried and tested and we know he can do a good job.

I'd only play Fabregas if we decide to go 3-5-2, otherwise I think there's a chance we can get over-run in Midfield.

Hazard is brilliant - I know we've been performing well without him (very good signs), but if he's fit he has to start this game for me.

I'd go either of these 2...

Courtios                          Courtois

Rudiger                           Rudiger
Luiz                                 Luiz
Azpi                                 Azpi

Moses                              Moses
Alonso                             Alonso
Kante                               Kante
Bakayoko                         Bakayoko
Fabregas
                                       Willian
Hazard                             Hazard