Stoke City Vs Chelsea (PL) Sat 23 Sep 2017 KO 15:00 GMT

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

United had a difficult night there, Stoke at home are different and we know it. Conte has to prepare us at best for this game. Having Luiz out of this game is a problem, we will have to be very strong defensively. Conte has options, I assume he will go probably with Azpi Cahill and Rudiger. It's the time to use Bakayoko and Hazard as starters as well, give them minutes to win us the game and give them a break before Atletico game. 

I'd like to see us playing with this lineup:

------------------ Courtois --------------

- Azpilicueta --- Christensen --- Rudiger -

Moses ----- Kante --- Bakayoko -- Marcos Alonso

---------- Fabregas ---------- Hazard -------------

-------------------- Morata ------------------

COME ON CHELS!!!!!!!!

tough game but they benefited from Zouma a hell of a lot when they drew the Scum Utd,

they also like to do a bit of counter attacking themselves now with the little swiss matey and the twit rapper Jesse so it may not be quite the Stoke of old, if we play our game I think we have a fighting chance at the 3 points, think Moses will rotate back in, hope he leaves Cesc on the bench as its the right thing to do vs Stoke, I think he may play Cahill for 'leadership' qualities in the absence of Luiz although I would prefer Dave, AC & Rudiger as back 3.

I would like for Bakayoko, Rudiger and Zappa to start.  Lets hope we get the 3 points cause they are really important right now.  We badly need them!  

Hazard also should start - I understand the caution required (esp against Stoke) but i think if he plays 90 mins this game and manages to take the kicks and physicality from Stoke, this will be very huge for his mental confidence cause each time I watch him now he is too careful and understandably afraid to get into challenges and pulling out of 50-50 challenges.  If he aint fit yet then i support this 100% but if it's a mental thing then he badly needs this game for his mental confidence and get rolling.  This will be another valuable learning experience for Morata.  i think it's good for him to get to play these teams at the start of the season and learn the battle of the premier league early enough.  After the West Brom game then he will graduate! 

Lets hope we get the 3 points, get hazard confident, Morata as well

Edited by dhidza

6 minutes ago, buzzcfc said:

It's been a few seasons since I've been Stoke away, where is the best place for a drink before the game?

I asked the same question in another thread and i was told that 'The Terrace Bar' near the station is one of the places. Havent been myself so ill be trying this one.

Courtois

Rudiger   Christensen   Cahil

Azpi    Kante   Bakayoko   Alonso

Cesc

Morata   Hazard

If Cahil must play (as Conte will likely play him) then I’ll prefer this lineup. Though looks ultra defensive but we need tall and strong players against Stoke. Also Azpi has proved to be a better crosser lately than Moses. 

http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/stoke-city-could-one-fit-515626

So Stoke are likely to have 1 fit senior CB available for this game (Martins-Indi). Likely to have to revert back to a back four for the first time in a while. Against a young, inexperienced back line that are playing a 'new' formation we should be able to stick a few past them here. 3-0 Chels.

This will be a tough game, and a good test of our title credential. Stoke got the point against United, a win for us would be a nice statement. We can't afford to play Cesc in the 2 men central midfield, the alternative is pretty straight forward. Hazard will start, and I reckon he will have a big impact.  At least we don't have to face Zouma, he's been their best defender. For f* sake, no one get sent off this game.