Jump to content




coco

Crystal Palace Vs Chelsea (PL) Sat 14 Oct 2017 KO 15:00 GMT


Recommended Posts

Ouch. Trying to find positives I thought Zappa looked like he could become an upgrade on Moses. Was good to see Charley come on but he didn't exactly look like he was ready for the strength and intensity. Struggling to find anything else, was so poor all over the pitch, even Dave and Haz. Willian could really do with a few weeks out the first team. Bats just isn't going to cut it as a main striker and I think we may as well face that.

Lets hope Roma is a different game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, didierforever said:

The only person to blame here is the manager.

We lost the game when he put GC, DL on the team sheet than AC, rudi as well as willian.

Sorry, but only CONTE to be blamed for this sh*t.

So that sh*t performance was down to the manager not playing Andreas, get a f**king clue would you mate, the whole team didn't play, the manager picked as good a team as he could, as close to the same team as won last season as he could. Our core of players dissemble, maybe we should get a new manager every time they can't be arsed playing, title won lads, season off to come. The manager took a bunch of players that finished 10th and won the title, you want him to put his hand up their arses and move them around the pitch as well? Last week he got it wrong against city I was the first to blame him, this week it was down to the players 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, brownindian said:

Seeing our board miss out on Llorente, I am kinda doubtful of that - we will be busy negotiating pennies and some other team will come in and swoop the player (Lukaku, Llorente, Koulibaly). 

Hey we'll get the injured Barkley, rehabilitate him and then loan him out for 2 seasons to Holland.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a felling today wasn't going to be as straight forward as some expected. Conte is going to have to work his magic again and make some big changes because we look nowhere near close to being a threat to the top teams in the league this season. He made changes when we lost to Liverpool and Arsenal last season, let's hope he does the same again now.

Defensively we looked awful today, and it's not the first time this season either. Both Luiz and Cahill have to be dropped for Christensen and Rudiger. Forget last season, that's gone now, we need to focus on this season and both Luiz and Cahill aren't playing well enough to hold that CB spot. Christensen and Rudiger have been excellent so far and don't deserve to be missing out on any football. 

Alonso is worrying me, he look's like he has been found out. Targeted defensively by every team because of his pace and is struggling to make an impact going forward. The worst part about it though is that he can't be replaced, we don't have a proper back up available. Kenedy isn't good enough to replace him. We may need to play Azpilicueta there because we can't keep letting teams set up chances against us from that side. Or even more drastically, we may need to change our formation.

Midfield look's weak. The 2 man midfield is getting outrun again and it's exactly like watching us during Mourinho's last season with us. Even with Kante there it doesn't look solid anymore.

Willian look's dreadful and should be behind both Pedro AND Musonda now.

Batshuayi can't play in this formation as the lone striker, it's not in his game to play that way. He's a goalscorer, but he isn't someone who can lead an attack.

I hate to say it so early in the season, but we don't look good enough to win the league this season. City and United have improved massively and we seem to have gone backwards.

Edited by Scott Harris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, goose said:

I wonder how Bakayoko and Morata feel. Playing in such dynamic teams as Monaco and Real to playing in and watching this sh*t.

probably pretty good when we dominated atletico away probably pretty sh*t today 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Conte has got to sort out the midfield.

Even when Kante returns we will still be vulnerable in midfield.

Cesc and Bakayoko are not working out, yes i know they provided our only goal, but watch the rest of the game, it isn't working.

Against City i thought they looked so poor it was unbelievable, but that was city, you sort of understand.

But this is Palace, and if they can't make it work against them, we are truly f**ked unless Conte changes that midfield.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, brownindian said:

Seeing our board miss out on Llorente, I am kinda doubtful of that - we will be busy negotiating pennies and some other team will come in and swoop the player (Lukaku, Llorente, Koulibaly). 

funny innit, when just two months ago most people here thought that was the smart way, and berated anyone who even remotely suggested we need to break the bank

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hemel Blue said:

Palace ffs.Poor result.Move on.

man i wish i could move on....

all that happens with games like this, is i go to bed (2am), and lie there thinking about just how sh*t we were.

i need to stay here and post the same sh*t over and over just to get the salt out, so i can go to bed in peace

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DonAntonio said:

So that sh*t performance was down to the manager not playing Andreas, get a f**king clue would you mate, the whole team didn't play, the manager picked as good a team as he could, as close to the same team as won last season as he could. Our core of players dissemble, maybe we should get a new manager every time they can't be arsed playing, title won lads, season off to come. The manager took a bunch of players that finished 10th and won the title, you want him to put his hand up their arses and move them around the pitch as well? Last week he got it wrong against city I was the first to blame him, this week it was down to the players 

Hahhaah... Coming from the guy who probably did not even see the way we conceded the 2 goals and the level of performance from the man at the center of the defence.

You should try to watch the game live itself, rather than the stream. Dont think thats your cup of tea.

Go back, do your self the favour of atleast watching the game, seeing how individual players cost us (specially luiz and the number of times willian lost the ball which ended up CP countering the sh*t out of a mid which had a defensively clueless cesc). SO yea, the manager cost us buy choosing the players who did not DESERVE to be on the pitch.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, TomCFC85 said:

Worse than against Burnley. 

For me, that was our worst performance of the season. We were poor against City, but they are a top side and at least defensively we looked focused. In this game we just looked awful all over though and against the worst side in the league too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Stas1 said:

 I do not see a connection between the system and an unforgivable number of individual errors and casualness. I do not believe that looking at certain players performance in previous games and in training you would still put them in the starting line. Unless you are limited in choice, i.e. your squad depth is sh*t.

I’m not saying that the squad shouldn’t have been strengthened more, I’m saying that you cannot blame the squad for today. We have more than enough in terms of quality. As far as the system goes, never,never,never play Fab in a two midfield no matter who the opposition is. Gives the opposition the upper hand straight away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TomCFC85 said:

If anyone can turn the season around, it's Conte.
If his hair can come back, so can our form. 
image-jpeg.40971

Come on man - mocking a persons appearance ? I know we are all in a pissed off mood ....... but not below the belt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, didierforever said:

Hahhaah... Coming from the guy who probably did not even see the way we conceded the 2 goals and the level of performance from the man at the center of the defence.

You should try to watch the game live itself, rather than the stream. Dont think thats your cup of tea.

Go back, do your self the favour of atleast watching the game, seeing how individual players cost us (specially luiz and the number of times willian lost the ball which ended up CP countering the sh*t out of a mid which had a defensively clueless cesc). SO yea, the manager cost us buy choosing the players who did not DESERVE to be on the pitch.

 

I was watching the game thanks, I was watching chelsea when you were wearing nappies in Mumbai,  but yea the manager cost us the game by selecting a CB that we won the league with 

 

Edited by DonAntonio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×