coco

Crystal Palace Vs Chelsea (PL) Sat 14 Oct 2017 KO 15:00 GMT

2 minutes ago, cRyptic said:

The match against Roma can't come soon enough, the earlier we put this behind us the better. I hope the players turn up on Wednesday.

I don't think we can put this one behind us - that loss on top of the previous two has just cost us the season.

Seriously - 1-2 down and our best option is to bring on a 21 year old who just might if the planets line up be useful in the future.  Squad depth is way too light for a top table team.  Both City and Utd are streets ahead of us - how the hell has that happened?  Really angry at the moment.

2 minutes ago, goose said:

I’m not saying that the squad shouldn’t have been strengthened more, I’m saying that you cannot blame the squad for today. We have more than enough in terms of quality. As far as the system goes, never,never,never play Fab in a two midfield no matter who the opposition is. Gives the opposition the upper hand straight away.

I dont think Fab is to blame - He was the only one who created a few chances (some offsides) and if he had 1 in form player - we could have drawn. Our defense looked slow - our midfield 2 was over run but most importantly our offense could do jack-squat. I am deeply concerned about that.

2 minutes ago, brownindian said:

Come on man - mocking a persons appearance ? I know we are all in a pissed off mood ....... but not below the belt.

I'm hardly mocking his appearance, if anything, I'm complimenting him.
That man has a majestic head of hair.

14 minutes ago, BenCFC19 said:

Musonda is crap? Catch a grip, literally with his first touch he did more going forward than Willian has done all season, f**k off

He really didn't. I realize people's anger at Willian's form this season but Musonda did f**k-all in his half hour cameo to suggest he's ready to be a starter.

1 minute ago, adineen98 said:

Palace are very quickly becoming our bogey side

Any team with something to prove is becoming our bogey side. 

Edited by TomCFC85

4 minutes ago, DonAntonio said:

I was watching the game you cheeky little sh*t head I missed the first 20 minutes. But if team selection was the problem wouldn't mate if I watched or not wasn't the players right, why don't you f**k off to the Indian super league you arrogant little sh*t, I forgot how much I disliked you, clueless mug. I thought I was blocked, might want to fcuking reinstate that. 

So.. resorting to abusing when you have no counters. Not at all surprising though. Also not the first time. 

Btw, you missed the first 20 minutes, which basically set the tone of the game. Like I said, do us all a favour here and actually watch the game properly. Specially the performances of the mentioned players.

Talking about Clueless,.....    But but but,,, christensen is not good enough for chelsea... right? :laugh2::laugh2:

@coco 

am i allowed to report this load of abuse?

Edited by didierforever

1 minute ago, Bloo said:

I don't think we can put this one behind us - that loss on top of the previous two has just cost us the season.

Seriously - 1-2 down and our best option is to bring on a 21 year old who just might if the planets line up be useful in the future.  Squad depth is way too light for a top table team.  Both City and Utd are streets ahead of us - how the hell has that happened?  Really angry at the moment.

I completely agree with your points, I know what I said is not really a reasonable thing to say at the moment but on the other hand if we dwell on it too much it might hinder our season even more. 

Today was a combination of both lack of depth and lack of desire.

Most the Chelsea team coming back from international hang over and it showed. 

Palace, most no way near their national teams and desperate beyond belief for a result (along with the manager) and it showed 

Wasn’t it about now we pulled our socks up last season ? Come on Chelsea ! Those Manchester scum have the propensity to implode we need to be there ! 

I still have faith in Conte, he will have his shot of espresso Monday then go for it 

KTBFFH

The only thing that I'm worried about is being 9points behind.

The team didn't perform today get over it, it happens let's look to roma.

but at least the youth/reserve are getting chances and we will soon see who's not cutting it.

4 minutes ago, didierforever said:

Hahhaah... Coming from the guy who probably did not even see the way we conceded the 2 goals and the level of performance from the man at the center of the defence.

You should try to watch the game live itself, rather than the stream. Dont think thats your cup of tea.

Go back, do your self the favour of atleast watching the game, seeing how individual players cost us (specially luiz and the number of times willian lost the ball which ended up CP countering the sh*t out of a mid which had a defensively clueless cesc). SO yea, the manager cost us buy choosing the players who did not DESERVE to be on the pitch.

just curious. did you really think the starting eleven wouldn't be able to beat that CP team? like, when you saw the team news, you thought "yep we're losing this one, it's on the manager". because even though I don't think Conte made the right choice playing Willian and Cahill, the team should be able to beat CP quite easily. so I think blaming the manager alone is quite daft

2 minutes ago, didierforever said:

So.. resorting to abusing when you have no counters. Not at all surprising though. Also not the first time. 

Btw, you missed the first 20 minutes, which basically set the tone of the game. Like I said, do us all a favour here and actually watch the game properly. Specially the performances of the mentioned players. But but but,,, christensen is not good enough for chelsea... right? :laugh2::laugh2:

@coco 

I thought I was on block you little snitch reinstate that would you. I actually reconsidered and editeded my comment but I'm glad you saw it now. difference between me and you is I have actually watched chelsea play, isn't it your bed time mate? I don't watch games in the middle of the night from India and turn up like a smart are. I made my point, blaming the manager for picking our best CB is f**king stupid, and I told you Andreas wouldn't be in the first team  this season is he? So shut it with that bollox 

Edited by DonAntonio

taking emotion out of it and analysing why we lost. one could say crystal palace have a new manager, new confidence, a key player back for them in zaha and a zest for life again. they were at home and had the crowd behind them, so they had that bit between their teeth to impress so upped their performance in a london derby. we wasn't good enough, but the second half we tried to get back into it and everything we hit just wouldn't come off. not much else you can say now, the match is done and we need to move on and look to get results from now on. we have key injuries and need players back asap. 

2 minutes ago, didierforever said:

Btw, you missed the first 20 minutes, which basically set the tone of the game. Like I said, do us all a favour here and actually watch the game properly. Specially the performances of the mentioned players.

Talking about Clueless,.....    But but but,,, christensen is not good enough for chelsea... right? :laugh2::laugh2:

@coco 

Both need to take a step back, i can help if needed.

Lmao we were so desperate to help palace we scored their first goal of the season for them! We lost to a side who have not won or scored before this game.

Lmao what a shambles. No excuse about players missing. If our squad cannot beat that garbage team then...then no hope for them.

If it wasn't because we haven't got enough players, none of these should even make it to the bench on Wednesday. What a lazy performance, sure they thought the match was won before kick off and they didn't show up. They should be embarrassed of themselves and if they keep performing like this, they shouldn't wear our badge.

6 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

For me, that was our worst performance of the season. We were poor against City, but they are a top side and at least defensively we looked focused. In this game we just looked awful all over though and against the worst side in the league too.

Definitely our worst performance this season. Lessons not being learned, players not being picked on merit. Luiz stepping straight back into the side having got himself foolishly sent off at the expense of a player who more than gave a good impression of himself in his absence. Willian starting despite a desperately poor performance the week before and having travelled the longest distance in midweek. Cesc again starting in a two man midfield which we all know just doesn't work. Add to that a CF who has the movement of a sloth up front and we have problems. Hopefully Conte will now look to the squad for answers but yet again we didn't achieve our primary targets in the latest window. I would take top 4 now if it was offered as we may just struggle to even achieve that this year.