coco

Crystal Palace Vs Chelsea (PL) Sat 14 Oct 2017 KO 15:00 GMT

Just came back home from taking a walk outside. Was upset about the result and had to get fresh air even though I made a vow not to be emotional over footy as much. 

People always, time and time again, make the same excuses. 'Well the board has won us 5 PL titles, UCL, fa cups bla bla' just get a grip man. We are a 2nd tier european club, beneath the likes of Barcelona and Real Madrid etc. This board will never make us a top tier club if they carry on like this. Our ambitions should be higher. Our culture and image is rubbish mate. If you're happy being forever a 2nd tier club in europe then you along with the board need to f**k off. Not only does this prevent us from reaching the top, but it develops a culture that being below the big boys is just fine. 

You can blame Conte and the players for today's result, but the overall bigger picture and the root of the cause includes the incompetent board. Absolutely disgraceful to be this complacent every season. We won the Premier League last season due to Conte, not due to the board's ability. Conte would have won the league with Arsenal/Liverpool as well if he went there last season, that's how his 3-4-3 took everyone by surprise. I have lowered my expectations for the club from now, we will never be able to compete against the likes of Barcelona without parking the bus. f**k this sh*t show and this joke of a sport that is football, ruined by arrogant cocky businessmen with no football knowledge. 

41 minutes ago, Zeta said:

To make matters worse, I did a 6 match accumulator, I had:

Burney - West Ham (Draw) - WON
Man City - Stoke (Man City) - WON
Swansea - Huddersfield (Swansea) - WON
Spurs - Bournemouth (Spurs) - WON
Watford - Arsenal (Arsenal) - CURRENTLY WINNING
Palace - Chelsea (Chelsea) - f**k OFF

Would have won £90

You should know better than to bet on Arsenal LOL

18 minutes ago, DonAntonio said:

I pick Rudiger over cahill all day but he is captain you can't be surprised at that, not sure why pedro is out of favour or maybe he has a knock 

That is the problem Azpi or an undroppable player should be captain. If Cahill wasnt English and Captain he wouldnt be in our line up. We should start our 11 best players irrespective of Nationality or Status. A spell on the bench might do cahill some good. He seems like an honest bloke and he should accept it the same way John terry did last season.

Jesus f**king christ, 7-2 to man city just saw other results. Lol premier league isn't so competitive as people believe it to be. City miles ahead of us and the rest

1 hour ago, DonAntonio said:

@Richard P You were at the game Richard mate, in your view was this loss down to the managers team selection or players performances? 

Also never said Andreas wasn't good enough said he won't start yet because he isn't going to displace Gary or Luiz, stop trying to cling on to something said 6 months ago which wasn't even said because your point was shut down today, and your snitching back fired.  Being an obnoxious little prat in India might be cute in London it gets you shun and or your head kicked in, cultural differences I guess. 

For fcuks sake. I get that there are some annoying prats posting here, and I get that we are all pretty much annoyed about todays result, but is there really any need for comments like this ?

It's common knowledge that the press trawl forums like this in a desperate effort to get column inches, why hand them the ammo on a plate ?

1 hour ago, ChelsaePirate said:

No we were not bad but Crystal Palace turned up as Barcelona Palace FC against us.

Conte bent over again to Willan-Fabregas-Cahill amigo trio

Sorry, we were down right awful, grown men and athletes embarrassing themselves and more importantly us fans, no excuse I went in hope and stupidly expectation, and was dreadfully let down, but hey that's Chelsea for you

1 hour ago, zes said:

Jesus f**king christ, 7-2 to man city just saw other results. Lol premier league isn't so competitive as people believe it to be. City miles ahead of us and the rest

About £500 million I would say, we had our time back in 2003/2006, now there's bigger fish in town

Edited by chi blue
Spelling

2 hours ago, zes said:

Agreed Man City look like they have got their act together this season.

Today's result was no surprise at all to me. Pretty embarrassing but in the great scheme of things this season I'd say not significant. It's clear as day that City will win the title and smash a few records on route. We're going to have to improve a fair bit though if we want to be sure of a top four finish. It's going to be a frustrating season.

3 hours ago, chi blue said:

Ersk, it was as bad as I have seen us play for ages, have a nasty feeling about all this, maybe beer and a long journey ey home is clouding my judgement

I was hoping after the City defeat two weeks ago, we would come back with a decent win. That's why I am so annoyed about the result today.

1 minute ago, erskblue said:

I was hoping after the City defeat two weeks ago, we would come back with a decent win. That's why I am so annoyed about the result today.

Well home now, drinking my beer listening to Trevor Nelson on radio, while Mrs and girls watching casualty, and our two boys who witnessed that shower of sh*te with me, drowning their sorrows somewhere, we were fortunate at stoke and second best v city, draw at home to Watford, and lose to Bournemouth and utd and Romans trigger finger will get twitchy!!! Anyone got Carlos  number?

Very disappointing result but not surprising. I think we turned up expecting to walk it in and we got rolled.

As always there are some massive overreactions in here but we look to have some issues without Kante or Morata. Sadly I think this match might be the end of Michy. I barely remember him having a kick. I feel immensely for Willian also who is in a funk and has been for some time.

1 hour ago, WeatherMan said:

For fcuks sake. I get that there are some annoying prats posting here, and I get that we are all pretty much annoyed about todays result, but is there really any need for comments like this ?

It's common knowledge that the press trawl forums like this in a desperate effort to get column inches, why hand them the ammo on a plate ?

I hear what you're saying but history with this guy, he is such a condescending little arsehole, just a very cheeky jumped up guy and that same attitude he has, I've seen from richer Indians in Dubai when I worked there, because of his very good English he is likely at least a middle class Indian and that, I'm afraid, is a cultural thing, they like talking down to people, in their culture it means they are important, if they talk down to people.

I would hold doors open for them and they walk past with their noses up no thank you, I soon learned,  in their culture I was doing it because I thought they were important, not out of my own politeness, this is real stuff, ask anyone who has had experience with middle/higher class people actually from india, not indians who grow up here.

I wasn't saying it to be racist, not at all, just literally from my experience with him and people like him, in their culture they feel they can be extremely obnoxious and that's ok, whereas in western culture that actually winds people up more than people swearing at them...I was genuinely trying to educating him, maybe they don't get it,  I could have put it better but was already irritated by the result then this cheeky git pipes up. 

2 hours ago, The Don Antonio said:

On the plus side the last time we lost 2 consecutive games home and away we went on a 14 game winning streak. LETS GO CHELSEAA..  

Sadly lightening doesn't strike twice mate

2 hours ago, CFCCAN said:

We all know that there are no easy games in this league but today was all about desire, guts and glory especially when top teams play mid and lower table teams; I'm not looking forward to next especially when Watford are on a high having just turned over Arsenal....someone better get a grip of this team.

Don't think Man City are finding many games too hard!

Honestly after city someone said leauge over and we all had a go at him, ffs, after the way we performed, add in more CL plus injuries, you got to say, that title defense is getting smaller and smaller in the distance as city run away with the league 

9 minutes ago, DonAntonio said:

I hear what you're saying but history with this guy, he is such a condescending little arsehole, just a very cheeky jumped up guy and that same attitude he has, I've seen from richer Indians in Dubai when I worked there, because of his very good English he is likely at least a middle class Indian and that, I'm afraid, is a cultural thing, they like talking down to people, in their culture it means they are important, if they talk down to people.

I would hold doors open for them and they walk past with their noses up no thank you, I soon learned,  in their culture I was doing it because I thought they were important, not out of my own politeness, this is real stuff, ask anyone who has had experience with middle/higher class people actually from india, not indians who grow up here.

I wasn't saying it to be racist, not at all, just literally from my experience with him and people like him, in their culture they feel they can be extremely obnoxious and that's ok, whereas in western culture that actually winds people up more than people swearing at them...I was genuinely trying to educating him, maybe they don't get it,  I could have put it better but was already irritated by the result then this cheeky git pipes up. 

I appreciate your candid reply but surely this isn't the place to be taking issue with the things youve now bought up ? 

Its no secret the media here in the UK love any opportunity to dig up the dirt, and they don't have to dig too deep to find forums like ours. Rise above it and show we are better than that. :good2:

4 hours ago, brownindian said:

With a win today Arsenal will leap frog Chelsea to the fourth position. 

GO WATFORD !!!

and they are coming after us next week on the back of that win against gooners!!!