Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

coco

Crystal Palace Vs Chelsea (PL) Sat 14 Oct 2017 KO 15:00 GMT

On 10/15/2017 at 03:28, just said:

I am starting to think that the only way Luiz will actually mark an opponent would be if you handcuffed him to said opponent. Or shot nailed him.

But hey, he has curly hair..... and isn't English. Which must be good?

This.

you need to be ultra biased to not hold luiz accountable. He WAS great last season, just like Iva WAS great in 14/15. This season he has been atrocious to say the least. Putting it all down on GC, is just a cop out.

Was GC, holding luiz down from tracking back for the CP goal. Instead of getting back in the box, he was literally just standing with his hands up in the air. Pathetic.

atm, he is playing just like a PlayStation defender, and needs to be dropped instantly. Infact both him and GC need to be dropped.

Raven8er likes this

2 hours ago, didierforever said:

This.

you need to be ultra biased to not hold luiz accountable. He WAS great last season, just like Iva WAS great in 14/15. This season he has been atrocious to say the least. Putting it all down on GC, is just a cop out.

Was GC, holding luiz down from tracking back for the CP goal. Instead of getting back in the box, he was literally just standing with his hands up in the air. Pathetic.

atm, he is playing just like a PlayStation defender, and needs to be dropped instantly. Infact both him and GC need to be dropped.

Agreed, I can't remember if I had mentioned this in an earlier post after the match had finished (because I was too angry haha) but Luiz and Cahill NEED to have a spell on the sidelines, we have 2 MUCH better options in Christensen and Rudiger.

Would like to see: Dave - Christensen - Rudiger in the next few weeks. Hopefully Conte starts with that back 3 against Roma.

Kev56 and didierforever like this

if catenaccio  style play worked against spurs then play the same style over and over again ...I dont care if it clogs midfield and cancels out opposition attacking options, wins are wins and we dont care how the win comes.....recently we found out in middle of the park ...Games where Conte strategy worked best were against Spurs and A. madrid ...then repeat the same team, style and tactics ..why change?           Just my cents 

PS:  What's with the slagging against the fans from India? Club like Chelsea has global presence, TV audience is big deal nowadays, it makes major revenue for the club and we can't afford to slag 1.25 billion population do we?...again my just 2 cents

didierforever likes this

Blame the International break, the injuries to most important player, the transfer deals we haven't been able to do. As I see it, simply players didn't show up, all 11 of them and the manager. Palace was not as bad a team as their points tally, but we should have beaten them even without Morata and Kante, even if the players showed up. Sadly, apart from Babayoko, none of them could walk away with any credits. We were bad from the kick off till the end, and never got into third gear even when chasing the game. The attacking players were lazy, no one was making runs or demanded the ball, everyone was happy to pass the ball to the next player and hope someone else comes up with the  magic play. It has been said so many times, if Hazard wanted to be the top 3 or even 10 players in the world, he needs to take on more responsibilities to be more selfish. The number of times he decided not to run against the defenders were a complete contrast to Zaha, who won the game for them, despite not being the same level as Hazard. Willian was driving me crazy, the amount of time he dewell on the ball and wait for the defence to get back in shape killed off our momentum. The less said about the striker the better, at this rate we probably need to recall Abraham. Back 3 was a shamble, just couldn't get close to their speedy players, not a surprise when we got Cahill in the team.

My biggest issue with Conte is he constantly changing his back 3, and picking players on 'reputation'. Christesen, Rudiger stepped up when Cahill was suspended, Cahill came back and straight into the starting 11, and his performance has been below average to be kind. Luiz got suspended, again Christensen and Rudiger done a good job, now he's straight back in and in form players out. I thought Luiz had another below-par game, without those moments of madness.

On 10/14/2017 at 19:08, DonAntonio said:

@Richard P You were at the game Richard mate, in your view was this loss down to the managers team selection or players performances? 

Also never said Andreas wasn't good enough said he won't start yet because he isn't going to displace Gary or Luiz, stop trying to cling on to something said 6 months ago which wasn't even said because your point was shut down today, and your snitching back fired.  Being an obnoxious little prat in India might be cute in London it gets you shun and or your head kicked in, cultural differences I guess. 

On 10/14/2017 at 19:23, DonAntonio said:

Abuses someone by calling them a jerk while complaining about being abused, in England and the rest of the western world mate being a cheeky c**t and provoking already wound up people with arrogance and being condescending is abuse worthy because it's rude and ignorant, if you want to interact with people from different cultures learn what's rude in those cultures.

Maybe daddy coco doesn't run and rescue you because he hasn't positioned himself to chastise people who are mean to you when you're unnecessarily cheeky, I get on fine with everyone here except you, you're pathetic if I ever have a friendly debate without fail you like every post that says anything that counters my point, I mean you like every f**king one without fail, you take sly little digs, like the one about cahill earlier, I ignore it, I even like your posts when you occasionally say something not stupid, just to show I'm not petty, but truth is you're just a horrible little sh*t and pathetic. 

Now put your big boy pants on learn how not to be condescending and cheeky when you debate and you won't need to cry to mods, I'm sure if you were a dashing blonde he may be inclined to go above and beyond the call of duty but a cheeky little Indian boy, well.....I  wouldn't expect much when you're in the wrong, if you had a real grievance then sure. 

On 10/14/2017 at 23:03, DonAntonio said:

I hear what you're saying but history with this guy, he is such a condescending little arsehole, just a very cheeky jumped up guy and that same attitude he has, I've seen from richer Indians in Dubai when I worked there, because of his very good English he is likely at least a middle class Indian and that, I'm afraid, is a cultural thing, they like talking down to people, in their culture it means they are important, if they talk down to people.

I would hold doors open for them and they walk past with their noses up no thank you, I soon learned,  in their culture I was doing it because I thought they were important, not out of my own politeness, this is real stuff, ask anyone who has had experience with middle/higher class people actually from india, not indians who grow up here.

I wasn't saying it to be racist, not at all, just literally from my experience with him and people like him, in their culture they feel they can be extremely obnoxious and that's ok, whereas in western culture that actually winds people up more than people swearing at them...I was genuinely trying to educating him, maybe they don't get it,  I could have put it better but was already irritated by the result then this cheeky git pipes up. 

@DonAntonio For what it's worth, you are an obnoxious racist arsehole and this is not the first time you have shown yourself to be one. Of course, I understand that my opinion doesn't count as I am also a  "little middle class Indian" who you obviously understand so well from your time in Dubai.

I am honestly very disappointed (mods and others) that no one has either the basic moral/ethical principles or the courage to take a firm stand against such discriminatory nonsense (except @WeatherMan, credit to you). It is no wonder that we are seeing such an upsurge in obvious racism and xenophobia in the world when such behaviour is condoned and encouraged. See the Harvey Weinstein example (at a different scale no doubt) for a good example of how people in the industry were cowardly enough to allow him to sexually persecute scores of women over the years. This happens in almost every institution. Don't be like them, stand up against something that is obviously wrong.

This is disgusting. I'm sorry to say that the forum is really losing its way. @coco @Zola @Mod Stark @loz I am not reporting these posts because public condemnation is important, not just sweeping unsavoury moments under the carpet.

PS: No provocation (there was little out of the ordinary in any case, @goose also voiced the same opinion) justifies DonAntonio's responses.

15 minutes ago, Stim said:

I'm guessing a lot of people have him on ignore, and ignoring is not condoning or encouraging. 

I guess if people can't see his posts, then this is of course not directed at them. Several people continue to engage with him though.

1 hour ago, ashwin said:

@DonAntonio For what it's worth, you are an obnoxious racist arsehole and this is not the first time you have shown yourself to be one. Of course, I understand that my opinion doesn't count as I am also a  "little middle class Indian" who you obviously understand so well from your time in Dubai.

I am honestly very disappointed (mods and others) that no one has either the basic moral/ethical principles or the courage to take a firm stand against such discriminatory nonsense (except @WeatherMan, credit to you). It is no wonder that we are seeing such an upsurge in obvious racism and xenophobia in the world when such behaviour is condoned and encouraged. See the Harvey Weinstein example (at a different scale no doubt) for a good example of how people in the industry were cowardly enough to allow him to sexually persecute scores of women over the years. This happens in almost every institution. Don't be like them, stand up against something that is obviously wrong.

This is disgusting. I'm sorry to say that the forum is really losing its way. @coco @Zola @Mod Stark @loz I am not reporting these posts because public condemnation is important, not just sweeping unsavoury moments under the carpet.

PS: No provocation (there was little out of the ordinary in any case, @goose also voiced the same opinion) justifies DonAntonio's responses.

You're absolutely right. I have this Antonio character on ignore, as all he could do was rage and nag. Now I see your quote of one of his recent posts, and it's racist and obnoxious. 

fun2sh and ashwin like this

1 hour ago, ashwin said:

It was the same old people arguing, which i get pretty bored of reading, so forgive me for not reading their squabble in full. Now you have pointed it out i will bring the forum rules into play. 

Thanks.

Valerie and ashwin like this

I've stopped reading his posts a while ago, acts like he's some tough London cookie who knows everything. I think I stopped reading about the time of a debate about youth players was going on. To be fair he's not the only one I just skip past.

I do agree that more people should condemn the behaviour so from now on I'll try to play my part.

didierforever, Valerie and ashwin like this

9 minutes ago, ashwin said:

Thanks all, much appreciated. Let's move on.

I missed all of that thankfully - what's great about the Shedend is that there is a sense of community here and it's important that every contributor is treated with respect. That is what marks us out from other football forums.

Remy10, coco, fun2sh and 2 others like this

54 minutes ago, carrickblue said:

I missed all of that thankfully - what's great about the Shedend is that there is a sense of community here and it's important that every contributor is treated with respect. That is what marks us out from other football forums.

I fully agree, however noticing on another thread where a racist comment is made by one of the foreign posters that goes UNMENTIONED, and it just so happens to be the poster that @DonAntonio was in a disagreement with. Racism is not a one way street and all offenders should be dealt with by the same means, however, the accuser not so quick to bring this to the fore. 

Edited by Osgood is Good
yorkleyblue likes this

28 minutes ago, Osgood is Good said:

I fully agree, however noticing on another thread where a racist comment is made by one of the foreign posters that goes UNMENTIONED, and it just so happens to be the poster that @DonAntonio was in a disagreement with. Racism is not a one way street and all offenders should be dealt with by the same means, however, the accuser not so quick to bring this to the fore. 

Nobody is suggesting racism is a 'one way street'. All you have to do is show us what your referring to, were not Psychic.

6 minutes ago, coco said:

Nobody is suggesting racism is a 'one way street'. All you have to do is show us what your referring to, were not Psychic.

I wasn't suggesting you or the other mods were psychic. In fact my intention was not to aim my comment in the mods direction at all. In regards to the one way street, the accuser, who apparently has taken the time to follow the discussion of the 2 members, only exposes one of the offenders.

The Don Antonio likes this

1 hour ago, Osgood is Good said:

I wasn't suggesting you or the other mods were psychic. In fact my intention was not to aim my comment in the mods direction at all. In regards to the one way street, the accuser, who apparently has taken the time to follow the discussion of the 2 members, only exposes one of the offenders.

If you see something that you feel is out of line, report it, or pm a mod to ask about it.

ashwin likes this

13 minutes ago, Valerie said:

If you see something that you feel is out of line, report it, or pm a mod to ask about it.

Hi Val, thank you, just wanted to emphasise that only one member was exposed, whilst letting one of his fellow countrymen slip through the net, so to speak.

Edited by Osgood is Good

1 hour ago, Valerie said:

Well said, Val.  The mods all have jobs, they don't spend all day scrutinising every post in case it is offensive.  Coco sometimes spends all day racing around from one gig to the other, doing a lightning change from his policeman stripping costume to his sailor boy suit!  He will do all he can to help us in here, but we have to help him too!!

ashwin, yorkleyblue and coco like this

11 hours ago, ashwin said:

I am honestly very disappointed (mods and others) that no one has either the basic moral/ethical principles or the courage to take a firm stand against such discriminatory nonsense (except @WeatherMan, credit to you). It is no wonder that we are seeing such an upsurge in obvious racism and xenophobia in the world when such behaviour is condoned and encouraged. See the Harvey Weinstein example (at a different scale no doubt) for a good example of how people in the industry were cowardly enough to allow him to sexually persecute scores of women over the years. This happens in almost every institution. Don't be like them, stand up against something that is obviously wrong.

Pardon me for being captain obvious, but if posts are not getting reported, then how are we going to know? Serious question. Things can't be swept under the carpet if you don't see it on the carpet first.

Loz has stepped down from the forum now and it's only 3 of us, with coco doing the majority of it on his own. It would be a full time job for 3 people to read every post, which is why there is a report button that we get alerted to when its hit. Nobody gets paid for this, revenue and donations go back into the kitty to pay for hosting, forum upgrades, forum license etc. We do it out of our own time, therefore we can't be in every topic watching certain people and reading every post, especially on a match day.

Hosting expires at the end of January, I'm not sure it would be fair to people like coco to have to deal with all this nonsense for another year. People get offended and instead of reporting it, blame the moderators for sweeping it under the carpet. Over the years, this forum has gone to lengths to fight racist posts that included o2 disconnecting one blokes broadband and banning him from the network, police visited 1 or 2 others and a university were contacted where they had to act before it went public.

Moderators are not to blame for an upsurge in racism and xenophobia. Nor are they cowards. They also cannot be blamed for Harvey Weinstein sticking his fingers in places they shouldn't have been. Let's settle down a little.

opinionsarelike, Nibs, coco and 3 others like this

I just returned from out of town. There seems to be some criticism laid against the mods, which I'm sad to see but not going to get weighed in without knowledge of the matter. I'm sure the mods are doing their best and have the interests of this community and CFC at heart.

The game itself sucked eggs. Big time! How on earth did we come crumbling back to earth so quickly? We started our season poorly, picked up then lost a game against the worst team in the PL? Sorry, but this doesn't or shouldn't happen but one in a million years. Befuddled and confused and definitely VERY UPSET!

8 hours ago, Mod Stark said:

Pardon me for being captain obvious, but if posts are not getting reported, then how are we going to know? Serious question. Things can't be swept under the carpet if you don't see it on the carpet first.

Loz has stepped down from the forum now and it's only 3 of us, with coco doing the majority of it on his own. It would be a full time job for 3 people to read every post, which is why there is a report button that we get alerted to when its hit. Nobody gets paid for this, revenue and donations go back into the kitty to pay for hosting, forum upgrades, forum license etc. We do it out of our own time, therefore we can't be in every topic watching certain people and reading every post, especially on a match day.

Hosting expires at the end of January, I'm not sure it would be fair to people like coco to have to deal with all this nonsense for another year. People get offended and instead of reporting it, blame the moderators for sweeping it under the carpet. Over the years, this forum has gone to lengths to fight racist posts that included o2 disconnecting one blokes broadband and banning him from the network, police visited 1 or 2 others and a university were contacted where they had to act before it went public.

Moderators are not to blame for an upsurge in racism and xenophobia. Nor are they cowards. They also cannot be blamed for Harvey Weinstein sticking his fingers in places they shouldn't have been. Let's settle down a little.

Sure, I understand that completely. As I have mentioned previously in other threads, I have nothing but admiration for the mods. 

The reason I tagged the mods was to report publically (explained the reason for that), not to lay the critisism at their (your) feet. The critisism was aimed at the entire community, some of whom engaged with the poster and did not raise a flag. Moderators are not to blame for any upsurge, but collective (lack of) reactions of a community certainly are.

If you do not see why I made an analogy with the HW example, I will explain it again. It was that no one in the associated male community raised a flag for decades although it seems to have been an open secret. As I had also said, the principle is the same although the scale is different. It was the obvious example to cite.

Do read my post again. I blamed the community and explained why I thought public condemnation is important. If nothing else came from this, at least one other person said that he would do his bit. 

I'm grateful for the response regarding the other incident. I repeat again that this was NOT a personal attack on the mods, I believe @coco understood my intentions and message.

Sad that Loz has stepped down. 

@Mod Stark

Edit: the allusion to "sweeping it under carpet" was for what would happen if posts  are simply reported. Simply reporting posts of this kind will neither show everyone what the person did/said/thought that was wrong, nor will it stop another person from coming in and repeating the same offence. 

Edited by ashwin
One more thing
The Don Antonio and coco like this

9 minutes ago, ashwin said:

Edit: the allusion to "sweeping it under carpet" was for what would happen if posts  are simply reported. Simply reporting posts of this kind will neither show everyone what the person did/said/thought that was wrong, nor will it stop another person from coming in and repeating the same offence. 

I know what you're saying is true, but we have to remember this a public forum that is being trawled by the newpapers, we have had multiple posts quoted in the press. We seem to be a source for the media. 

ashwin likes this