TheAwesomeGem

I am expecting a 2015/16 season repeat again

30 minutes ago, jack_super_class said:

Agreed spot on, everytime we win the league this seems to happen. It kind of went downhill for me when we sold Ake and then missed out on Lukaku its just felt depressing since. Going into a new season especially as champions i should feel excited and confident but i don't. Selling one of our players to a rival club aswell (again) just irks me too.

The Matic sale has really annoyed me personally. I was relatively calm before then, but selling him to a team that is expected to challenge us, helping them fill our their squad more, weakening our squad, and not having anyone in to cover the gap that this sale has now left is too much stupidity for me to take in. There is so much wrong with that sale and it's shocking that we have even let it happen. 

I understand people's frustrations personally. It may be a bit knee jerky at times but it's all built up because they fear a repeat of two years ago, which i admit that i am a bit worried about too. Look at this way, if we were all told at the end of last season that our squad would actually be weaker the following season we would all be a bit pissed off and worried. Pretty much everyone was in agreement after the F.A cup final that there was still a lot of work to do on this squad to get it up to the same quality levels as the very best teams, but we haven't actually improved it, we have weakened it, and with only a week to go until the season starts too. I don't think one fan was expecting to see less players at the club going into a Champions League season, we were all expecting players to be added to what we already had.

It won't be as bad as that again for a long time but I think we will struggle to keep our crown. 

Our squad is ridiculously under strength and our best player has missed a full pre season which tends to effect their form. 

We are banking on Morata to fill diegos 20 odd goals a season and that's certainly not a given.

With United and City playing around with unlimited funds and the Scouse looking impressive in pre season it does look ominous for us given what we have seen since the arsenal win. 

We have a few weeks left to fix things and bring in the 2 or 3 players we badly need. I doubt we will though 

Edited by Chelsbear

19 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

The Matic sale has really annoyed me personally. I was relatively calm before then, but selling him to a team that is expected to challenge us, helping them fill our their squad more, weakening our squad, and not having anyone in to cover the gap that this sale has now left is too much stupidity for me to take in. There is so much wrong with that sale and it's shocking that we have even let it happen. 

I understand people's frustrations personally. It may be a bit knee jerky at times but it's all built up because they fear a repeat of two years ago, which i admit that i am a bit worried about too. Look at this way, if we were all told at the end of last season that our squad would actually be weaker the following season we would all be a bit pissed off and worried. Pretty much everyone was in agreement after the F.A cup final that there was still a lot of work to do on this squad to get it up to the same quality levels as the very best teams, but we haven't actually improved it, we have weakened it, and with only a week to go until the season starts too. I don't think one fan was expecting to see less players at the club going into a Champions League season, we were all expecting players to be added to what we already had.

Knowing that Bakayoko is injured it beggars belief we allowed Matic to go so early especially to a rival. Could we have not made the wait till closer to deadline day? It does appear there was no forethought gone into his replacement, yet again we appear to have been Penny wise Pound stupid.

You really should never sell unless you more or less have someone in to replace them. It doesn't look like we have and that's madness. We haveade a title challengers squad stronger while weakening our own.

whats the point of 40 million when we don't look like investing it on an upgrade. 

I can't lie, I'm worried as well. I don't think it'll be as bad as THAT season but I think we're in a battle for the CL. I hope I'm wrong but we seem to be repeating mistakes we made before. 

I think that's what is frustrating fans, we should have learnt from the short pre season, the poor transfer windows etc. We've seen this before which is what worries me, as I say, it's not meltdown time yet (now I've calmed down) but we do need to improve a lot to be challenging for the title IMO.

I still f**king hate losing to Arsenal, glorified friendly or not!

the first half of that season was good though. it was dramatic, tense; interesting and important things happened. it fizzled out and became meaningless after a couple of months of hiddink, but for a while there, it was experiential.

it's only football. we're lucky that ours is usually full of texture, portent, and colour. and joy sometimes too.

At this time I don't believe our season will end up that bad. However I do question our short preseason and our inability to increase our squads numbers with sufficient quality. That and the absence of hazard means I think our start will be tough and we will lose a few games, given the strength of the teams we play.

Conte will get us back on track though, I am expecting this season us to battle for top 4 and do well in the cups. Both Jose and pep badly need to win the league. 

Just now, axman2526 said:

At this time I don't believe our season will end up that bad. However I do question our short preseason and our inability to increase our squads numbers with sufficient quality. That and the absence of hazard means I think our start will be tough and we will lose a few games, given the strength of the teams we play.

Conte will get us back on track though, I am expecting this season us to battle for top 4 and do well in the cups. Both Jose and pep badly need to win the league. 

Conte has a poor record in the cups. He usually excels in the league. 

I don't think we have the squad depth to go into the finals of domestic cups especially if we are prioritising Europe and the EPL. It's just not possible with such a small pool of players 

This will be a nice thread to bump when the mighty Chelsea win the title at the end of the season. :laugh2::laugh2::biggrin:

We haven't been great preseason granted, but lets not overreact here. Lets put this nonsense talk of a repeat of 2015/16 and smash Burnley at the weekend and get our season off to a flyer.

This is the least confident I have felt going into a season since abrahmovic took over. Usually I think we will win the league, but with the competition looking very strong, and us not really doing enough in the transfer market, I expect it to be a real battle for 4. I honestly think we will finish between 3rd and 6th.

Should we take 7 points out of the 1st 3 games, and bring in at least 2 good players, then il be a lot more confident. 

2 minutes ago, big blue said:

Why not just people express how they feel? 

Exactly.

Im not going to sit and pretend I'm confident of doing well when everything I've seen points towards an uphill struggle this season unless we recruit some good players. With around 2/3 weeks of the window closing we are heavily depleted in numbers compared to last season. How anyone can take comfort in that I'll never know 

i get people's concerns, but the entitlement is staggering. just because we won the league last season, doesn't give us a right to win it again. of course it will be tough next season, but all these hypotheticals are growing a bit tedious. we have heard these same hypothetical arguments for the last 2/3 seasons now and the clubs who're supposed to win the league never did. we have won the league 2x in the last 3 years, but now city and utd are favourites? well it's about time is it not, considering how disappointing they've been this past few seasons.

spurs have bought nobody and yet they could surprise everyone again. maybe even liverpool to suprise next season or maybe somebody else could come along and surprise. we really have zero idea what is going to happen. the season we had in 2014/15 was a total anomaly for us. i would say we had a weaker squad then because of the players in the squad who were aging and no longer reliable and actually hindered us. i feel we have a better all around squad now in terms of quality, younger, with a coach who will motivate the team to fight hard to compete. this is the reason i have confidence we can have a good run next season again. hey, we'll probably be underdogs again, but that's fine because it means we can look to suprise once again. 

I don't see many saying we have or expect to win the league, I see plenty pointing out we will have a heftier and far tougher schedule this season compared to last while we now have a far smaller pool of players than we did last season. 

We also have our star player missing a whole pre season and the first batch of games when the season starts and that too is a concern since most of our goals out with Costa (a player who won't play for us again) came from him last season. 

When you look past our starting 11 and see the options we have compared to our direct rivals it's pretty obvious why people are questioning what's going on when we keepmselljng or loaning out players who were part of our first team last year while we are not replacing them.

I honestly don't see anything wrong with that but hey ho.....

Whoever is acting calm is chatting sh**, every other top team has improved while we have weakened, our squad is tiny, Hazard is out for first 3/4 weeks (Without him we have no creativity), Fabregas looks like he has lost it imo hope conte learns Kante - Fabregas pairing never works in the big games.

I think we may have a tough start due to Hazard and Bakayoko being unavailable as opposed to lack of depth, we have a week between games in August so if we need to eek a couple of targets upto deadline day so be it.

We already knew the Kanté - Fabregas pairing doesn't work in big games since we inevitably lose the midfield battle as soon as teams get past Kanté.

Bakayoko will come in soon.

We still need a wingback and a midfielder but there's plenty of time to address that.

Watch us sign Sandro, Barkley and Gareth Bale in the next few weeks.

Or Cedric, Drinkwater and Andy Caroll.... :)

50 minutes ago, BordeauxBlue said:

We already knew the Kanté - Fabregas pairing doesn't work in big games since we inevitably lose the midfield battle as soon as teams get past Kanté.

Bakayoko will come in soon.

We still need a wingback and a midfielder but there's plenty of time to address that.

Watch us sign Sandro, Barkley and Gareth Bale in the next few weeks.

Or Cedric, Drinkwater and Andy Caroll.... :)

Or none of the above 

Nice to see some fans already written the season off before the offical kick off. Granted we were not good yesterday, they only got back into the game after the red card. Losing on penalty sucked, but it's like they beat us 4:1 in regular time. We are far from our best, but do we really want to peak in August? I reckon this result will do us some good, no way Roman will let the season slides it starts.

Without doubt we will be in for a big test this season.

-teams will be out to beat us as we are champions 

-oppositions know what to expect from the 3-4-3 and the wing backs of Alonso and Moses. Last season it was the unknown factor and the introduction of the new formation that made it hard for teams to find us out. 

-we will have more games this season inadvertently we will see more fatigue, injuries etc 

it will be challenging, 

obviously, the window is still open but, we seriously need more options as we are ridiculously light. If I'm honest I am slightly annoyed that we easily let matic go to a rival club and be left with only 3 central midfielders. We really need to buck up our ideas and get 4 players in of actual quality 

10 hours ago, dkw said:

Christ on a bike some of our fans are patheticly weak  willed, absolutely no fight in them, like a bunch of torres's. Get a grip you wet flannel.

30 years ago, football supporters took to fighting each other to show off how dominant their club was.

In 2017, football fans take to fighting with each on football forums to see who can make their club sound the worst.