Sign in to follow this  
enigma

Without us, where else would the excitement come from?

That's very true....supporting Chelsea FC is never dull......There has always been a lot of Highs & Lows ! ......I come from a family who have supported Chelsea FC since they were established in 1905 .....and I remember my old grandad back in the day, telling me that no other footfall club comes close to Chelsea FC regarding Excitement. 

4 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

I don't find this exciting though, just incredibly frustrating. I hate the constant drama that surrounds the club, it's tiring.

It's mainly because we only get inside news from so called "close sources" and they can often report what they want to fit their agenda, and lately they report more negative news surrounding us than positive.

It's the same with the news in general, they report very little positive news and they focus a lot on the negative news. Negative news breeds negativity mindsets for the general public; in this case the fans.

You have negative people who focus on the negatives and perpetuate this, which then breeds even more negativity amongst the fanbase and people start to rethink the situation. 

I think people need to realize this when they jump on board with every story that they see in the press.

When Abramovich bought the club, the press had their knives out immediately.  Talked about us ruining the game, about buying success, etc etc, cliche after cliche (as they turned a blind eye).

Then you add Jose into the mix.  The ultimate "us against them" manager, doing it all to deflect from his players.  Add in rotation at the managerial level, the Terry v Bridge deal, and it's just pantomime really.

Last seasons it was refreshing as no-one expected Conte to come in and win in his first season.  All the talk was about Pep and Jose, and a smattering of "Klopp can build his own team now..."

This season it's as if there has been a crack formed in the dam holding back all the negative press from last season.  And boy are the press trying to bust that dam open.  We've gone from "Costa Crimes" to that same press making out as if he's an angel now.  Conte, impervious last season, shows some frustrations about transfer activity, and the press are all over how he may have signed a new contract, but it "tellingly" wasn't an extension.  Have the forgotten our last few transfer windows?  I can't remember us starting a season without us all saying that we needed more.  Also, I think we've quite clearly heard that we sell then buy; which, honestly is one of my main gripes as it puts Chelsea in a poor position to negotiate when the season has started and we still need gaps filled.

The "text message" isn't even 100% confirmed, and yet good Costa and bad Conte characters are being build in the press over it.  Remember, no one really knows what's going on, and the press have to make stories.

There is no club like ours. Never boring and always something happening.

I wouldn't want it any other way. We will be managed rightly or wrongly over the years and attract attention no matter.