2 weeks left in the window

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Ake, Matic, Chalobah.....

I don't think any of these are necessarily bad sales. But it's concerning that we've let them go without sourcing replacements.

I've got a feeling that RB Leipzig player Liverpool were interested in (Keita i think) is on our radar and that PSG nutter is a likely signing assuming he can get past his legal problems.

The thing is, we have one of the biggest, most extensive scouting networks in the world. We should be able to find some good players if we put our minds to it

We've no doubt got an agreement in place with Sky that our significant singings will not take place until 23.50 on the 31st August. Massive viewing for Sky Sports on deadline day with huge advertising revenue and there's nothing worse for them than zero activity!

Even if we do conclude a number of signings in the next couple of weeks these players have still missed an entire pre-season and the first few games of the season the us. How long until they read into Antonio's philosophy and can fully contribute to the team? City have got it right concluding all their business early. Real shame we tend to leave it so late.

It's 4 days after the Burnley game where we heard 130M would be spend, but so far we haven't got anything to show for. It's obvious the selling parties will drag it as long as possible, I agree with the above it will be a deadline day madness. Our mistake was undoubtedly sell first and hoping others play nice like we were, they obviously didn't get the memo.

27 minutes ago, Nibs said:

We've no doubt got an agreement in place with Sky that our significant singings will not take place until 23.50 on the 31st August. Massive viewing for Sky Sports on deadline day with huge advertising revenue and there's nothing worse for them than zero activity!

Would that be Carefree and KTBFFH?  You standing behind the Sky idiot, blasting them out with a pint of London Pride in your hand?

Yeah w** we didn`t get Matiudi for that price ? It`s reported between 15-20m.

What the hell is the board thinking and doing? They are playing with Conte and our nerves.

enigma, thats complete b.s.

Most of the players need time to adapt. That`s not a robot. Look at Morata, he is with us for a month, and Conte said he wasn`t fully fit ready, and not fit to our style and philosophy.

Most of them will need time to get use with new teammates, style, formation, and if from other country with the new city and so on. Not to mention how bad is for the manager to not know who he can use.

It`s idiotic to drag so far out. But i can`t expect anything else by this s*** board.

My bet is the Ox or someone like him (who can cover both on the right and in the middle, so Sergi Roberto) 

And a new LWB (probably as back-up to Alonso at this point)

That'll give us 15 odd players who we'd be comfortable starting in big games plus enough for the likes of Musonda / Tomori to get valuable game time.

No disaster.

For me, it's not the sale of Matic that really is the problem but rather the timing of it. If Bakayoko proves to be an upgrade on the Serb then it's the right move. But selling Matic days before the start of the season when his replacement is still out injured (and they knew he'd be injured) stinks of mismanagement to me.

Everybody thought that we were selling and loaning players out so fast because we had already deals lined up to not only replace them but also add even more quality and depth. Instead we've stripped the squad to the bare bones and as our sh*t luck woud have it now have lost two more starters to suspension after just one game. And new signings are yet to arrive.

1 hour ago, terryble things said:

My bet is the Ox or someone like him (who can cover both on the right and in the middle, so Sergi Roberto) 

And a new LWB (probably as back-up to Alonso at this point)

That'll give us 15 odd players who we'd be comfortable starting in big games plus enough for the likes of Musonda / Tomori to get valuable game time.

No disaster.

15 player is no disaster? Really ? And what exactly is, when you will have Pl, Fa Cup, Coca Colla Cup, CL ? Injuries, Fatigue ?

You can`t even put 11 resting player for a lesser match and to give your starting 11 a rest ...

Personally I think closing the window at the start of the season will help us when that comes in.

We've dallied the last two summers on deals that were never going to happen. Koulibaly and now Sandro. Hopefully the shorter window will encourage us to act earlier and move on when it's clear a deal won't happen.

It was poor squad management to let so many midfielders leave this summer when our only new signing in that position was known to be out injured until at least September. With that in mind we could have asked Matic to stay until the end of the window or even held off on loaning Baker until the last minute.  As it is we left no room for suspensions or further injuries and that is exactly what happened. Hopefully we can still pick up a decent signing or 2 before the end of the window but another Papy looks equally possible at this point.