Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

dansubrosa

2 weeks left in the window

1 hour ago, Strider6003 said:

At this point, I think just 2 players are on the horizon -Drinkwater and Ryan Bertrand which would be just squad strengthening.

I'm hoping Conte sees enough in his current squad to keep us in contention for all competitions. 

I suspect we are saving the cash until January.

I believe you are correct, 2 more players before the window shuts. I don't think we've even considered him, but Goretska in midfield is a great prospect. The wing back situation is very strange for me. One of the important positions we need cover and yet we have none to speak of.

1 minute ago, Osgood is Good said:

I believe you are correct, 2 more players before the window shuts. I don't think we've even considered him, but Goretska in midfield is a great prospect. The wing back situation is very strange for me. One of the important positions we need cover and yet we have none to speak of.

Well with the wing back situation the saga with Alex Sandro comes to mind. But hopefully they've got the message that Juve aren't selling! I personally would like to see us try for Bertrand and Van Dijk but likeliness is slim. Ox with his versatility would be good but I feel our defence and creative play in the midfield has been our weakest part through preseason and opening matches 

One week left. All we hear is the same names, new names, some already buried names again.

No signings, no new announcements of new contracts.

I don't believe we are going to get anyone during this window. Unbelievable but true.

Our really ambitious targets for this season could be:

1) Be in top four in PL (very difficult)

2) Get further from the group stage in CL (almost impossible)

3) Keep Conte at SB for the next season (not going to happen).

I am happy to be wrong.

didierforever and lchk like this

9 minutes ago, JPH said:

One week left. All we hear is the same names, new names, some already buried names again.

I don't believe we are going to get anyone during this window. Unbelievable but true.

I am happy to be wrong.

Unfortunately, feel this is true

daledotman likes this

@JPH   It is noticeable that not only have we been tardy on arrivals into the club, Eden and Tibo have yet to sign new contracts that were said to be sorted during the close season. Maybe the new stadium costs are likely to exceed the expected amounts and cuts are being implemented.

lchk likes this

On 24. elokuuta 2017 at 08:42, JPH said:

I am happy to be wrong.

I'm happy that I was at least partly wrong. The size of the squad is not very big even we got two new players in, but the bench doesn't look too bad: Caballero, Cahill, Christensen,Zappacosta, Droinkwater, Fab, Willian, Bats....

As someone else already said somewhere my biggest worry is that we don't have proper backup for Morata.