Riyad Mahrez

coco
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

2 hours ago, 2211 said:

Having a medical at Liverpool tomorrow apparently, 55 million euros.

Oh well...

good price for a very good player.. 

wud have easily been an upgrade to willian or pedro and made more space for eden...

let the pools fans enjoy...hmm..

and he is eligible to play in UCL !!

Edited by acidicleo

5 hours ago, 2211 said:

Having a medical at Liverpool tomorrow apparently, 55 million euros.

Oh well...

Oh ffs they are having an amazing window.

27 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

I'm hoping the Sky reports are true, they are saying Liverpool ain't interested. I really don't want him to go to them.

I really hope so. We need him and vardy

8 hours ago, icecoolguy22 said:

Kante, gave your friend a call! Unfortunately, I agree if Liverpool get the defender and Mahrez in exchange for Coutinho, they'd be better off. It will be a shock and kick in the teeth if they outbid us for Mahrez

did we even bid? i hope we do something soon rather than waiting for deadline day...

21 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Oh ffs they are having an amazing window.

I really hope so. We need him and vardy

And there was I thinking we wanted world class players.....Vardy and Mahrez are hardly world class.  If this is the best we can attract these days things have really gone downhill....or our budget is shot

34 minutes ago, CFCCAN said:

And there was I thinking we wanted world class players.....Vardy and Mahrez are hardly world class.  If this is the best we can attract these days things have really gone downhill....or our budget is shot

Goals since August 2015:
Mahrez: 30
Coutinho: 28
Hazard: 26
Assists since August 2015:
Mahrez: 21
Coutinho: 18
Hazard: 10

1 hour ago, CFCCAN said:

1. He'd be an improvement.

2. He's available

3. He knows the premium well.

4. He'd strengthen rivals if not

5. It's one you think is within the club's budget. 

6 hours ago, CFCCAN said:

We as a club are not in for proper world class players anymore, we don't have the budget and there are bigger richer and more attractive clubs out there than us. 

9 hours ago, CFCCAN said:

I personally think that Mahrez is one of the best players in the league. The only side he may struggle to get into is Man City because Sterling and Sane are playing so well.

Don't get me wrong Mahrez on his day is a good player....on his day. We all know how good he and Vardy were in their title winning season but where has he been since?  If he is so good though, why did no one pick him up in the summer?  And here we are a week or so into the transfer window and yet still no solid rumours that he is connected to anyone.  IMO I don't think he is anymore than a squad player for CFC...a stronger squad player than we have currently maybe, but he is not going to stroll into the first 11.  We somehow always find a way to shoot ourselves in the foot one way or another in most transfer windows compared to our nearest rivals....save and except Arsenal :laugh2:   This club flip flops on its plans when things start going awry.....one minute we are promoting youth, the next there's talk of them being farmed out yet again and we end buying mediocre and average players....same old, same old and you wonder why in more recent times the managers get frustrated.

I think the game against Norwich highlighted how important Hazard and Fabregas are to our team, without the 2 we do not have any creativity within the squad hence we struggled to open up even a championship level outfit.

Mahrez may not be world class but he certainly offers us something from an attacking perspective which we lack in the last 1/3rd especially without Hazard and Fabregas. I am surprised to hear absolutely nothing linking us with him, seems a bit of a no brainer but maybe the management team have something else in mind. 

2 hours ago, Imran_CFC said:

I think the game against Norwich highlighted how important Hazard and Fabregas are to our team, without the 2 we do not have any creativity within the squad hence we struggled to open up even a championship level outfit.

Mahrez may not be world class but he certainly offers us something from an attacking perspective which we lack in the last 1/3rd especially without Hazard and Fabregas. I am surprised to hear absolutely nothing linking us with him, seems a bit of a no brainer but maybe the management team have something else in mind. 

Totally agreed , plus he is a winger , right now i dont see Pedro or willian able to do much , we need someone who reduce some load from hazard and morata , without febregas we are like toothless with no passes and no attacks (remember he is 30 now) we need someone who can really pose threat 

5 hours ago, CFCCAN said:

Don't get me wrong Mahrez on his day is a good player....on his day. We all know how good he and Vardy were in their title winning season but where has he been since?  If he is so good though, why did no one pick him up in the summer?  And here we are a week or so into the transfer window and yet still no solid rumours that he is connected to anyone.  IMO I don't think he is anymore than a squad player for CFC...a stronger squad player than we have currently maybe, but he is not going to stroll into the first 11.  We somehow always find a way to shoot ourselves in the foot one way or another in most transfer windows compared to our nearest rivals....save and except Arsenal :laugh2:   This club flip flops on its plans when things start going awry.....one minute we are promoting youth, the next there's talk of them being farmed out yet again and we end buying mediocre and average players....same old, same old and you wonder why in more recent times the managers get frustrated.

Didn't Mahrez want a move last season and it affected his game and a number of us wondered if it was his mind or whether he had lost form and was inconsistent. So this season he appears to be back to the form when Leicester won the league. In that form for me he is a 50-60m player at his age.