Your unpopular opinion about Chelsea

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

On ?13?/?09?/?2017 at 12:54, dkw said:

The biggest hypocritical part is the fact we have been called Chelsea rent boys for decades and its basically accepted, never once has anyone from the media or FA decided homophobic chanting towards Chelsea fans is unacceptable.

I agree yet that is because of politics and the implications suggest VIP abuse of young men and they have had a lot of trouble finding a suitable lord or lady to head up an enquiry. In other circumstances I believe it might be looked into yet not with the implications of a Westminster connection.

13 hours ago, Zeta said:

A lot of Chelsea fans massively underrate Harry Kane, because he plays for Spurs. He would be first choice striker at pretty much any club in the PL, maybe even Europe, barring a few top top clubs.

Not sure that is true though. The admiration is begrudging given the circumstances but I think most on this forum see him as a world class striker. I certainly do.

On ?13?/?09?/?2017 at 13:12, Phillip said:

I cannot believe Andy North (did you really win two US Opens) said that redcafe is better than this forum.  The foul language allowed on redcafe is really abhorrent, and the monitors on that site do not seem to care one bit about it.   Maybe I am a bit of a prude, but I cannot stand redcafe for that reason alone.

I joined Red Café when Jose was announced as their new manager. I was interested to see how their view of Jose changed and a number of their posters were interested in my views of Jose. After a few weeks I received a number of "Likes" and was invited into their main forum.

There are a number of Chelsea fans who go into Red Café and we team up and batter the MUFC fans with our superior intellect and witty responses. They also get stuck into us but it is all generally in good taste. I have said this before but it is like being in the home end at away matches and is frequently better fun than discussing what we all basically agree on. I am not saying this is a bad forum and absolutely love the Vintage page.

I don't get your point about foul language on Red Café and find them quite accommodating. The recent response I received from Coco is far more abusive than anything I have received on Red Café.

I have tried other club sites and found some to be abusive. RAWK is just foul and abusive and I didn't even want to sign up. The Fighting cock was tricky and a number abusive responses did start to come my way. On the lead up to the away fixture last season the abuse was getting quite and decided to test them to see how far I could go before they banned me. Without being abusive I started by just reminding them of their bad record against Chelsea and quite quickly progressed to popular Chelsea terrace chants. They banned me in about 2 minutes but it was worth it and was the best fun I have ever had on the internet.

PS. I didn't win 2 US Opens but play a bit.

Cahill has been a key player for us since he joined. He's not in the same league as JT but we haven't had a defender in JT's league before, so that's no real criticism of Cahill. He gives his all every game and has a fantastic attitude. 

He's not world-class but he's a damned good player and it's strange some people fail to appreciate what he has given us and can still give us. Of course, Christensen, Rudiger and (maybe) Zouma have far more years ahead of them, but Cahill isn't finished yet. He had a terrific season last year alongside Luiz, Azpi and Alonso.

Cahill has been a key player for us since he joined. He's not in the same league as JT but we haven't had a defender in JT's league before, so that's no real criticism of Cahill. He gives his all every game and has a fantastic attitude. 

He's not world-class but he's a damned good player and it's strange some people fail to appreciate what he has given us and can still give us. Of course, Christensen, Rudiger and (maybe) Zouma have far more years ahead of them, but Cahill isn't finished yet. He had a terrific season last year alongside Luiz, Azpi and Alonso.

This.

How many times have I seen Cahill put his body on the line over the years? To say that he's unfit to wear the shirt says more about the poster than it does about Cahill.

P.S. I apologise for my unparliamentary language earlier.