Your unpopular opinion about Chelsea

JMaher94
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

1 hour ago, Scott Harris said:

Drogba didn't score enough goals for the club. Don't get me wrong, he is and always will be a legend of the club, but he was a massive pain in the ass when he wanted to be. A lot of games he would often look disinterested and didn't put in as much effort as he could have done. Drogba was up there with the very best strikers of his generation, possibly the best when he wanted to be, he should have been a regular 30 goals a season striker. He only managed 30 goals in a season twice in his time with us and only managed to score 20 or more league goals twice in his career for us.

Elephant warrior battle many army himself. Give blood for other warrior to win glory. 

1 hour ago, Droo Bar said:

Anyone who thinks supporting Chelsea is watching a stream they haven't paid for and had no interest in football till 2003 is a prick.

Oh well, i guess i'm a prick then because i watch Chelsea through a stream a lot. Not all of us can afford the obscene amounts of money that it would cost to pay for Sky Sports AND BT Sport on top of everything else in life. It's either not watch Chelsea at all or watch it through a stream because even if i wanted Sky Sports and BT Sport, i couldn't afford it anyway.

5 hours ago, g3.7 said:

It's a sh*t club supported exclusively by c**ts 

Can confirm, I am a proud self-identifying c**t. 

3 hours ago, lukecfc said:

The problem with these sorts of threads is that the majority of opinions aren't that unpopular, they just don't fit in any other discussion.

1. Mourinho hurt the club's image more than he built it in the mid-00s

2. The club was right to sack Mourinho both times, on the grounds that he undermined the club and players and did not achieve results despite more than adequate resources. 

3. Mourinho gets a lot more credit than he deserves for his mind-games. Chelsea fans demonstrate a confirmation bias in that we over-credit his role in achieving but under-value his role in failures.

2015/16 proved to a large extent what a number of people outside the Chelsea bubble had been saying, in that Mourinho's mind games are not deliberate tactics to take pressure off players but the consequence of public narcissism. Mourinho is incapable of collaborating, and his insistence on a siege-mentality is more about his ego than a proven method of success.

I also believe that Mourinho's narcissism is what holds him back from being a truly great manager. A truly great manager inspires a club from top to bottom but this holds Mourinho back because he does not accept responsibility for things he needs to change. 

4. Barcelona played excellent football under Guardiola and deserve a lot of credit for reforming the way football was played in a post-Mourinho/Rehhagel world.

5. Football has a problem with sexism and nothing shows this more than Chelsea fans' reaction to the Carneiro incident. Mourinho was clearly in the wrong and his behaviour undermined the club from day one of that season. He had no right to an opinion about the behaviour of a club doctor's actions towards her patient.

6. The club is one of the best in the transfer market and we should continue to refuse paying over the odds for essentially squad players.

7. We deserved to be knocked out by Barcelona in 2009. We were completely outplayed and made a hash of many ample opportunities and Ovrebo's mistakes should have had little to do with the outcome. We left it too late and paid the price which is a hallmark of Hiddink's cup management style.

5 minutes ago, old git said:

Same with me with Costa. Vastly overrated and I always thought there must be another striker out there who is a better fit.

I didn't think he was over rated, but i didnt like him. I find it difficult to like such an unsavoury character, Chelsea players for me have to be nice humble guys for me to like. Still supported him none the less, but i would far sooner we have a group of players with an attitude like Hazard, Willian etc. 

9 hours ago, Jackbuchanan said:

I liked Torres!

9 hours ago, Jackbuchanan said:

I liked JT, but not as much as others, prob wouldn't make my top 10 favourite players. 

On their own these two statements aren't that bad but combined they take it to a whole other level! 

Out of interest, who would be your top 10 favourite players? 

12 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

On their own these two statements aren't that bad but combined they take it to a whole other level! 

Out of interest, who would be your top 10 favourite players? 

I liked Torres because even when things weren't going well for him he tried his best. 

For Terry I don't quite know why, maybe the wayne bridge thing, maybe the bad press he got had an effect on me, but i never liked him as much as some of the others. 

My top 10, in order;

Lampard, Drogba, zola, Hazard, Luiz, joe Cole, cech, Gudjohnsen, Makalele. 

Ashley Cole, Willian, Essien and Duff are all favourites of mine too. 

Edit. I forgot Di matteo, he'd prob go in between Zola and Hazard. Extra points for his part in 2012. 

Edited by Jackbuchanan

We should build a new stadium and move to Wembley during its construction

I like and respect JT as a player, captain and legend of our club but see him as a douche otherwise

We will only gain recognition the day we win both the PL and the CL: the 2012 double was more of an upset and a great underdog performance than anything suggesting we were actually the best team in europe, despite winning the CL that year 

I don't give a sh*t about the FA cup. It only adds matches in the season and has lost its shine since 1997 

I don't give a flying f*ck about fielding a single british player and I actually laugh about England's f**k-ups in international competitions (I am a CFC supporter from the other side of the channel :wink:! Although I hate the way France's team is managed ATM :mad:!!!) 

PSG deserved the win in 2015 and 2016 and were quite unlucky in 2014 

I like Erikssen,Kane and Wanyama for their talent. I also liked Henry and Viera for the same reason

Klopp is a great manager 

I think Drogba is the greatest striker and legend CFC ever had 

Celtic are better than Rangers (But I still root for Rangers obviously :wink:! )