Zeta

Deadline Day Drama

Just now, WhiteWall said:

But surely Barkley isn't gettign in ahead of Alli, Dembele, Wanyama, Erickson. He i not good enough.

The point raised is a valid one, there is clearly something wrong here. I think it is our negotiating with agents that is at the root of this. It is so transparent that these players are making last ditch choices to go where the agents are sending them

Barkley isn't going to Spurs. They've just signed Andre Gomes from Barcelona. Barkley can't even play until late December as he's injured.

Disappointed but not surprised by today's activities. Terrible summer all things considered. Hopefully hazard and courtois sign new contracts, and we don't pay for the mistakes we've made this window. Can't imagine conte is happy to have his squad weakened after winning the league. 

At least the squad can't get any thinner you would hope. Just need to get a bit of luck with injuries, and pray we can get 1 or 2 in January, even if it means bringing someone back from loan. 

8 minutes ago, Zeta said:

Whether we as fans wanted players like Barkley, Oxlade, Llorente, etc... or not, surely questions have to be asked as to why so many players are not interested in signing for us all of a sudden? I don't recall us ever having this many problems in the same window before. Something has changed.

Combination of different factors I assume; incredibly high expectations, Revolving door of managers causing instability & the financial equilibrium in the current market.

I don't really understand why we we looking at benchwarmers anyway.

The best teams have players of similar abilities fighting for starting positions.

Buying players to fill the bench isn't really gonna entice anyone here and it also makes our first 11 comfortable, without having to fight to keep their places.

With this done, can't see them selling us Mahrez too. How awkward would a drinkwater, mahrez and Kante be! however think we will get an attacking player in the next two hours given we let Boga go despite him starting first game of the season

2 minutes ago, big blue said:

Disappointed but not surprised by today's activities. Terrible summer all things considered. Hopefully hazard and courtois sign new contracts, and we don't pay for the mistakes we've made this window. Can't imagine conte is happy to have his squad weakened after winning the league. 

At least the squad can't get any thinner you would hope. Just need to get a bit of luck with injuries, and pray we can get 1 or 2 in January, even if it means bringing someone back from loan. 

Will they players want to stay with the current button we are showing in the transfers? 

If we struggle this season if wager some will say goodbye.

Edited by Chelsbear

1 minute ago, DELBY said:

News from Stamford Bridge coming up from Sky

Better be the double deal with the foxes for drinkwater and mahrez and not just the right back or we can start the look for a new manager as well.

1 minute ago, Barrettinator said:

Barkley isn't going to Spurs. They've just signed Andre Gomes from Barcelona. Barkley can't even play until late December as he's injured.

Okay, agreed, but that wasn't my point. I too think the players we have been linked with are mediocre in the extreme and teose days of wow factor signings are long gone. That said it appears that there is a growing trend of players turning us down and it cannot be for the fees. Llorente was £12m for christ' sake, It has to have soemthing to do with the agents' cuts. it's the logical answer as to why the defending champions offering CL football and a fantastically progressive manager is not attractive enough.

19 minutes ago, Chelsbear said:

So we are being outdone by both Liverpool and Spuds now.

Great!

what on earth is going on at our club? Are we entering an Arsenal period where we are paying off the stadium for x amount of years so can expect more of these windows? If so fine, just let the fans know. 

Yeah thought along those lines too recently - except in our case with much more managerial instability, so there is that difference! Mad times.