Zappacosta

barak81
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

On 12/24/2017 at 02:38, IliyaKrostin said:

This is what happens when we chase for a panic buy, he seems like a lovely guy and he is hard worker, but he is not that quality we were looking for. 

I'm seriously getting frustrated with the way we use our youth quality, we've one of the best academies in the world but the way we're working with them is very poor. 

Is there anything Aina or Sterling can't do that Zappacosta does?

Would love to see Sterling get a few matches under his belt.

15 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

Zappacosta has played 18 games for us this season, Aina could have got plenty of time on the field for us. I'm not saying Aina is brilliant or even ready for us but i don't see why he couldn't have offered as much as Zappacosta has at this point. 

He wouldn't have got the games, it's simple as that. One thing every single manager seems to value is experience, Zappacosta is a full international with 100's of games under his belt, his defending is reasonable, just lacks any composure going forward. Aina in the few times I have seen him play for us in competitive games has made some pretty rookie mistakes , he might be a better player then Zapa but conte won't put his faith in him till he learnt from his mistakes at some one elses expence 

While I am still mad at the Arsenal result, I'd just like to give props to Zappa.
He's improved significantly over the last 2-3 matches, to the point where he actually put in a vital cross that took us into the lead.
His pace and acceleration offers us something Moses doesn't have.

Come on now, one good cross and hitting the bar doesn't suddenly make him a good footballer. And no, barak81, mate, his defending is still sh*t. Watch him when we conceded Arsenal's first, it comes from his right side, and he's just jogging there without a care in the world, seemingly unaware of what's happening around him.

• 1 month later...

This is hilarious. The dullest player interview you're likely to read. Behind the scenes with Zappacosta:

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2018/02/the-work-behind---davide-zappacosta.html 

"Yes i do Yoga"

"I wear normal football boots, there is nothing special about them"

"I don't eat greens the night before a match because they bloat you"

Jeeeeezzzzzzz

Edited by Blueblur

7 minutes ago, Blueblur said:

This is hilarious. The dullest player interview you're likely to read. Behind the scenes with Zappacosta:

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2018/02/the-work-behind---davide-zappacosta.html 

"Yes i do Yoga"

"I wear normal football boots, there is nothing special about them"

"I don't eat greens the night before a match because they bloat you"

Jeeeeezzzzzzz

I'd say he's the life of the Christmas party. 

I think we underrate him a bit here though, he's rarely put a foot wrong for us and holy sh*t is he fast, has to be the fastest player in this squad, considering that other than hazard, willian, pedro and kante, we have a team of turtles

Just now, RMCM said:

I think we underrate him a bit here though, he's rarely put a foot wrong for us and holy sh*t is he fast, has to be the fastest player in this squad, considering that other than hazard, willian, pedro and kante, we have a team of turtles

I think we underrate him too. He's lightning quick and seeing him up close when at a game recently, is very skillful on the ball. 

11 hours ago, RMCM said:

I'd say he's the life of the Christmas party. 

He's quick, but he's only quick at running in a straight line. He can't beat his man often because he can't turn his body quick enough. If he has any dribbling ability he will never get a chance to use it because he can't twist and turn like a wing back needs to do. 

He’s not very good at all.
Another one of those where you can’t ever get your head around how the club paid as much as they did for him.
Against Watford he was way too slow to press Janmaat before the pass for the penalty and then later Janmaat turned him inside out once again when he gave them 2-1.

Edited by Sindre

• 2 weeks later...

1 hour ago, Scott Harris said:

But boringly average? I admit that Bakayoko is average, but one thing he isn't is boring. You'll always get something from Bakayoko, usually that something is bad though.

I think calling him average is giving him too much credit...

• 3 months later...