Danny Drinkwater

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

And who exactly was Oscar replacement then ? Mikel ? We was short of CM. Conte wanted Matic to stay, the board sell it for money, to a direct rival and now they will give 35m. for a lot lesser player.
Don`t tell me they didn`t mess this one.

Matic was under contract for 2 years more. He should have stay.

And now they will be overpaying for this average player. Because they waited and waited and waited ....

Edited by brakeit

30 minutes ago, brakeit said:

O my dear, and some people say don`t panic yet, and that was 2 months ago .....

What button should i push now ?

35mln. for this guy is a disaster. WTF you sell Matic for 40m., just to bring Drinkwater? How stupid you will look to the rest of the world ?

It`s fun when you compare them .....

Untitled123.png

Untitled12.png

Untitled1.png

tHIS is pretty stupid. If you compare their stats from leicesters winning season and our Mourinho season. Drink water wud be sh*tting on Matic. They had a terrible year that doesnt make him shyte. Go check Hazards stats during our Mourinho season he didnt score a goal till april i think

Ok, Danny is in the fold and the transfer door is shut. Whew! Crazy past 72 hours. Now, let's see if everyone can calm down, relax and assess what we did and did not do.

Only assessing the transfers after the start of the PL season here. We were rumored with a few big names, even if just fleeting, such as Mahrez, Sanchez and Van Dijk. None came anywhere near. I do not honestly think many in here actually expected us to sign any of those big names this late in the window. 

The rumored three (in the media) were Llorente, Drinkwater and Oxlade-Chamberlain, with others like Barkley in the mix.

Let's start with the first news of the week, Ox. It was very clear quickly in here once the news was breaking Monday we had agreed fee with Arsenal for Ox that opinion was mixed at best on him. He is great physically, and when his head is into the match, can be productive, but often was an under-performer at Arsenal. With good coaching from Conte, perhaps his potential would become reality, but who knows. The loss to Liverpool in my opinion is just a shoulder shrug and "meh". 

Llorente to Spurs was a disappointment for me. Thought he could provide depth to striker for us with the same style as Morata. Kind of shaking my head with this one. Not sure what happened. Wish we had his depth for all our upcoming games. Not sure he really improves Tottenham, but oh, well.

As for Barkley, :wtf: who the heck knows what really happened here. I have no idea where he would have really fit into our squad. I have never been a fan of his and not worth the fee. When I heard the news he changed his mind, I was relieved :JC_doubleup:

Davide Zappacosta. That's right, not Frank Zappa, but Davide freaking Zappacosta!! Welcome to the Bridge. Ok, seriously, how many even knew who he was 24 hours ago? I did not. BUT I have been reading some views of his ability and how he will fit in with squad and watched YouTube highlights. I actually like this signing from the hinterland as I now know he has a prior stint with Conte (Italy) and is highly rated for his crosses from the RWB position. I think he gives us much needed depth behind Moses. Not a bad add, much like Alonso last year perhaps.

Now for Drinkwater, you know, I think all and all, a good signing. Brings experience and has worked with Kante at Leicester in midfield. Good addition for depth. Not Messi :wink:, but good add.

We can now move forward a prepare for a busy September fixture list.

Come on you Chelsea!! :bluescalf::bluescalf:

Somebody bring me Drinkwater
Can't you see I'm burning alive
Can't you see my Chelsea got another player
I don't know how I'm gonna survive
Somebody bring me Drinkwater
Can't you see it's out of control
Chelsea's got my heart and my Chelsea's got my mind
But tonight the sweet Danny, the sweet Danny's got my soul!

Glad its confirmed done, now I can go to bed! Didn't expect at the start of the summer I would be staying up at the end of the transfer window to make sure we got Drinkwater confirmed. Welcome to him, hope it goes well, could see him playing a good role now he is here, can have Kante bring him up to speed on how it is being part of the Chelsea team!

On 08/08/2017 at 15:56, Floyd25 said:

I think people should get used to the idea, because I think it's happening, regardless if you like him or not, let's give him our support if he does arrive. 

I made a correct prediction, I'm chuffed, I'm usually wrong about these things nowadays. People may view this as underwhelming signing, but it gives us more depth in midfield and let's get behind him.

22 minutes ago, Chelsea Buzz said:

Ok, Danny is in the fold and the transfer door is shut. Whew! Crazy past 72 hours. Now, let's see if everyone can calm down, relax and assess what we did and did not do.

Only assessing the transfers after the start of the PL season here. We were rumored with a few big names, even if just fleeting, such as Mahrez, Sanchez and Van Dijk. None came anywhere near. I do not honestly think many in here actually expected us to sign any of those big names this late in the window. 

The rumored three (in the media) were Llorente, Drinkwater and Oxlade-Chamberlain, with others like Barkley in the mix.

Let's start with the first news of the week, Ox. It was very clear quickly in here once the news was breaking Monday we had agreed fee with Arsenal for Ox that opinion was mixed at best on him. He is great physically, and when his head is into the match, can be productive, but often was an under-performer at Arsenal. With good coaching from Conte, perhaps his potential would become reality, but who knows. The loss to Liverpool in my opinion is just a shoulder shrug and "meh". 

Llorente to Spurs was a disappointment for me. Thought he could provide depth to striker for us with the same style as Morata. Kind of shaking my head with this one. Not sure what happened. Wish we had his depth for all our upcoming games. Not sure he really improves Tottenham, but oh, well.

As for Barkley, :wtf: who the heck knows what really happened here. I have no idea where he would have really fit into our squad. I have never been a fan of his and not worth the fee. When I heard the news he changed his mind, I was relieved :JC_doubleup:

Davide Zappacosta. That's right, not Frank Zappa, but Davide freaking Zappacosta!! Welcome to the Bridge. Ok, seriously, how many even knew who he was 24 hours ago? I did not. BUT I have been reading some views of his ability and how he will fit in with squad and watched YouTube highlights. I actually like this signing from the hinterland as I now know he has a prior stint with Conte (Italy) and is highly rated for his crosses from the RWB position. I think he gives us much needed depth behind Moses. Not a bad add, much like Alonso last year perhaps.

Now for Drinkwater, you know, I think all and all, a good signing. Brings experience and has worked with Kante at Leicester in midfield. Good addition for depth. Not Messi :wink:, but good add.

We can now move forward a prepare for a busy September fixture list.

Come on you Chelsea!! :bluescalf::bluescalf:

Agree with all that. Would have liked Mahrez or draxler but we were never going to get two from Leicester. Bit short on attackers but otherwise more or less ok. 

15 minutes ago, Barrettinator said:

Rumours that he's been given the number 8. :sad:

Oh dear that is making a rod for your own back. Gotta give him credit for the confidence if so.

Not been against this signing. If conte wants him I am happy was my mind set and really had we signed mahrez or even Barkley I would have said good window. A good back up striker a very good one. 

Who knows though maybe Batman improves, baba comes back strong and charley jnr gets his chance and shines. If so we will all be happy.

I like Drinkwater. He's not a star, but I trust him to come into the team and do a good job.

Would I rather his minutes go to players like Chalobah/RLC...sure, but we don't have those players. Chalobah correctly left to further his career. We let RLC because he'll be better served having a season of first team football, rather than a few minutes here and there.

Drinkwater will likely see more time on the pitch than either of those guys would have. Not only because we have more games to play this year, but he's 27, he's in his peak, he's a good, solid player, and a premier league winner. Conte should have no qualms putting Drinkwater in. He's not a youth player, he's now a seasoned professional, and will be ready to step in when needed.

Yes, I like our young players and want to see them here...but for the sake of their own betterment, they are not. No I don't think Drinkwater is worth that much money, but considering the market this year, the (much needed) homegrown factor, he cost that much. I am positive about this signing.