Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Sign in to follow this  
TomCFC85

Which active former Chelsea Premier League Player would you take back?

Premier League Player you'd take back?   

72 members have voted

1. 1. Which one?

• Lukaku - Manchester United
    • Chalobah - Watford
    • De Bruyne - Manchester City
    • Mata - Manchester United
    • Salah - Liverpool
    • Cech - Arsenal
    • Matic - Manchester United
    • Bertrand - Southampton
    • Other

Right now I'd go for Bertrand, as he would fill a gap in the squad that we could do with filling.

Lukaku I wouldn't take back, because of the bullsh*t over his move.
Chalobah, not right now, he's got a long way to go to prove himself good enough.
De Bruyne would be my 2nd choice, but he seems to have plateued a bit since his first 6 months at City and hasn't been quite as good.
Mata - My heart says I'd take him back, but it's like an ex girlfriend, he left and he seems to be happy, so let him be with those red c**ts.
Salah - No
Cech - I'd have him as my 2nd choice keeper, but I think he still wants to play
Matic - Not a change, he wanted to leave last summer and this summer, the guy was only commited to Mourinho, not to us.

6 minutes ago, TomCFC85 said:

You don't miss Cech? Even as just a personality around the club. 

Possibly but i was thinking purely in a playing capacity, i think KDB the only player out of them that would get in out lineup.

What is also interesting is for all the sh*t people give to the club about all the sold players, none have won a league title, only Felipe and Danny have challenged for one while we have walked two.

De Bruyne. We need options upfront and he delivers a mean free kick/cross/corners. If he was here, I bet we can reignite his spark. I don't think Pep's system suits him

I don't really miss the rest.

De bruyne has a tendancy to drift in and out of games. 

He's been invisible for City for a while now.

Most of that list are either not good enough or unlikeable. Except for Juan Mata who I'll always love.

I'd have Andre Schurrle back. loved that guy.

8 minutes ago, BordeauxBlue said:

De bruyne has a tendancy to drift in and out of games. 

He's been invisible for City for a while now.

Most of that list are either not good enough or unlikeable. Except for Juan Mata who I'll always love.

I'd have Andre Schurrle back. loved that guy.

Y'know, I reckon he'd come back. I know, that we should prioritise Musonda but Schurrle has yet to really get a chance with Dortmund and he seemed to reach his best form here.  

Jack Cork would have been mine before deadline day. Solid CM who's homegrown and clubgrown.

Wouldn't want anyone you've listed though DeBruyne is massively overrated and is basically a Belgian Ozil. 
Lukaku whilst a great goalscorer isn't as complete a striker as Morata or even Costa.  
Salah will score a lot of goals for Liverpool but he won't offer much else and is actually pretty naff in everything bar pace and dribbling its like watching Kalou.
Matic is someone I think we could have used for another season but he didn't want to be here and I don't think we are much weaker without him.

And the rest have far more important roles at their respective clubs than they would here and I far rather they continue to progress their careers and flourish at other clubs, (barring those at rivals, I wish they only play reasonably well) than come back to a lessor role here.

Sturridge would also have been a good option for the 3rd striker / 4th wide forward roles if he was happy with that role as his injury record wouldn't matter too much and he would have been a good option 

Edited by PedroMendez

1 minute ago, Backbiter said:

The title said 'active player'. ;-)

He is active in my heart 

Was watching a highlight video of our 13 game winning streak, and the amount of opening goals and 1 nil wins thanks to a moment of magic from him. 

Amputechture and Qaz like this

2 hours ago, Spiller86 said:

Mata. In a heartbeat. He should never have been sold. It was the first of many mistakes of Jose's second reign. 

Absolute gentlemen who always turned up in the big games.

Mata getting dropped was always a matter of time. He got us through a tricky period (for our modern day standard's) and kudos to him for that but i look at our 5 title winning sides and if i ask myself where would Mata fit in if he was in his prime in those respective times? Maybe an impact sub in the 2010 side but the other 4 i can't forsee him as a part of even as a squad player (the back to back sides had Joe Cole, Duff and Robben and him and Cesc in the same side would be far too big a defensive handicap, not to mention anyway he'd have to elbow out Pedro which i don't think would happen in itself.).

27 minutes ago, Argo said:

Mata getting dropped was always a matter of time. He got us through a tricky period (for our modern day standard's) and kudos to him for that but i look at our 5 title winning sides and if i ask myself where would Mata fit in if he was in his prime in those respective times? Maybe an impact sub in the 2010 side but the other 4 i can't forsee him as a part of even as a squad player (the back to back sides had Joe Cole, Duff and Robben and him and Cesc in the same side would be far too big a defensive handicap, not to mention anyway he'd have to elbow out Pedro which i don't think would happen in itself.).

*Mata