Vidahost - UK Web Hosting
Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Argo

Chelsea vs Nottingham Forest (LC) 20th September 2017 19:45 kick off

2 minutes ago, Deino said:

The guy isn't really suited at LB/LWB. If he had better footballing IQ, he'd be quite an impressive LF/LW

Not entirely sure about that. He has all the required attributes except the height and physicality. Gives us something very different from Alonso.

I actually think he is more suited to LWB than LW, especially if he is playing for a top team.

DannyLB and Qaz like this

24 minutes ago, charierre said:

He's still at school. playing in front of a big crowd for the first time making his debut. The youngest player to do so since Chico Hamilton in '67 and your knocking him. Disgraceful.

We seem to be getting more and more armchair critics on these threads.

yorkleyblue, WeatherMan and dkw like this

18 minutes ago, Deino said:

The guy isn't really suited at LB/LWB. If he had better footballing IQ, he'd be quite an impressive LF/LW

I agree, he tends to run aimlessly for me, without knowing what he is going to do next. He does have great pace and a few tricks, unfortunately I personally do not see him having a career at Chelsea

15 hours ago, dynamite said:

Bar Cahill, I don't want any of the players that started on Sunday to start. We need to be as fresh as possible for our upcoming 3 games against Stoke/Atletico/City. These are our big games and squad rotation is key.

Cab

Rudiger Christensen Cahill

Zappa Bakayoko Scott Kennedy

Musonda Bats Hazard

This should still be good enough to win this game comfortably. Give Hazard 60-70 mins and hopefully Bats to score and play well. We need another striker firing in case Morata gets injured or loses form.

4-0 Hazard, Bats 2, Kennedy.

Pretty good

dynamite likes this

4 hours ago, Richard P said:

I can't believe a comment like that of a seventeen year old on his debut for the first team.

4 hours ago, charierre said:

He's still at school. playing in front of a big crowd for the first time making his debut. The youngest player to do so since Chico Hamilton in '67 and your knocking him. Disgraceful.

4 hours ago, Deino said:

His career is just starting. His first appearance as a sub in Chelsea colours at the Bridge against Forest at 17yrs of age and he gets criticism from the start? A bit over the top don't you think?

4 hours ago, moi said:

lmao don't you guys think you all being a bit overreacting toward a criticism? "disgraceful"? really? i was giving an honest judgment toward his performance. judging by your comments one would think i was out there to murder him. a bit closed minded don't you think?

Edited by magichat
RIP Mourinho and mullincfc like this

An excellent win, and fantastic to see some of our fringe players get a chance to show their worth.

I'm pretty confident we'll beat Everton in the next round. Under Conte, we've definitely had the wood over them.

Every year there is a debate in some quarters over whether the League Cup should be scrapped...I don't agree and nights like this showed why..it was great entertainment, the Forest fans made a good racket and we got to see some talented youngsters combine with top senior boys...

it baffles me that lesser clubs, including sp*rs, take the competition so lightly and their fans don't bother to turn up...we had over 40,000 there tonight and everyone walked away happy, including Forest...

a lot of positives from Chelseas point of view, but I particularly liked Musonda and seeing hazard get through 90 minutes

Edited by The Brit

I liked the look of that Ampadu, first time I've seen him play, hope we get to see more of him. 

It's funny how fickle I can be when it comes to youth & squad depth, I want to have the depth of the Manchester Clubs but at the same time, I love seeing our youth squad utilized off the bench. 

Bluerising and ashwin like this

1 hour ago, CFCholland said:

If United fans have a song about Lukaku's willy, we should definitely get a song about Willy's willy

I think we should sing the lukaku song but about Moratas willy.

Really confuse everyone

4 hours ago, The Brit said:

Every year there is a debate in some quarters over whether the League Cup should be scrapped...I don't agree and nights like this showed why..it was great entertainment, the Forest fans made a good racket and we got to see some talented youngsters combine with top senior boys...

it baffles me that lesser clubs, including sp*rs, take the competition so lightly and their fans don't bother to turn up...we had over 40,000 there tonight and everyone walked away happy, including Forest...

a lot of positives from Chelseas point of view, but I particularly liked Musonda and seeing hazard get through 90 minutes

It’s crazy. Arsenal and spurs both had to sell tickets for a tenner. I love the league cup and make a point to go every year, sit in the West stand for £25 and get to watch a nice mix of our best players and youth.

10 hours ago, sonic90 said:

That doesn't sound right, he's a pretty short guy. His short passing game was OK, but long passes forward weren't great. He should get a Championship loan next season.

His preferred position is CM. 

This lad is just 17 he was making his debut soits probably best not to make sweeping judgments as to his ability based on last night. He would have been told not to attempt anything to adventurous and to enjoy the moment.

I have seen him play live for Exeter and he was head  and shoulders , bar Rooney, above any other 16 year old I have ever seen play senior football.

For him the hard work really does now start and whilst not 100% up on the rules there  are restrictions on loaning players under the age of 18

I just get the impression that Conte has picked him out and we will see quite a lot more of him both on the bench and indeed making appearances in what most now call minor competitions 

ashwin likes this

This game gave me warm fuzzy feelings, followed by a brisk slap in the face with the final kick of the game. A lot to like though.

Kennedy and Musonda coming in, impressing, scoring goals. Debuts to Ampadu, and Sterling, minutes for JCS.

Gotta say, I love Christensen's game. Bakayoko is fascinating to watch too. He often looks like he's just a little too far away from a contest, but then he sticks his long leg in, and pokes the ball away from his opponent.

ashwin likes this

9 hours ago, moi said:

For whom these forums exist? Not sure my footballing qualifications can justifiably classify me as anything else.

(Do most of my criticising from the chaise lounge these days...guess that still counts)

Good run out for the young lads and the first teamer looking for fitness, some lovely goals too, kenedys goal was a lot harder than he made it look. But my favourite bit of the whole game was Ampadu smashing the forest player, it's great to see a young in that loves a tackle.

yorkleyblue likes this

Good win from all team, see young player play is very good, good result who gonna give confidence some young like Musonda, Kennedy especially, i think that they can have more time to play in PL, it's good for the squad rotation. 

I was surprised from Musonda level, very good performance, quite impressive, he got lot of fouls, very quickly in his movement. I want see again him fastly. 

Christensen alway impressive, when i think he have 21 only, it's amazing. The future will looks good for our. 

ashwin likes this

Very impressed with the youngsters, Musonda looks a great prospect, and I was impressed with Kenedy as well.  I quite liked all the young lads showboating towards the end as well.

Down side for me last night was Batshuayi.  It sounds very churlish when I say it, but, even with a hat-trick, he was comfortably one of the three worst players on the pitch last night, from both sides.  Two matches against effectively second division opposition and he hasn't really convinced me that he has what it takes to make it at their level, let alone ours.  I wonder if we kept the receipt?

Edited by yorkleyblue

29 minutes ago, yorkleyblue said:

Very impressed with the youngsters, Musonda looks a great prospect, and I was impressed with Kenedy as well.  I quite liked all the young lads showboating towards the end as well.

Down side for me last night was Batshuayi.  It sounds very churlish when I say it, but, even with a hat-trick, he was comfortably one of the three worst players on the pitch last night, from both sides.  Two matches against effectively second division opposition and he hasn't really convinced me that he has what it takes to make it at their level, let alone ours.  I wonder if we kept the receipt?

I think it was a game that showed his strengths as well as his weaknesses. Poor dribbler, ordinary link up play but somehow always a goal scorer.

Bats is a finisher. Nothing more. You can tell he's been trying to improve his hold up play, but its still not working, even against lower division sides. Safe to say if we'd signed Llorente, Bats wouldn't have had a look-in this season.

And he's not even a good finisher at the top level.  Shame, really, I was hoping he'd push on this season, but I can't see it happening.

Does worry me that we are cacked if Morata gets an injury.

Edited by yorkleyblue