Atletico Madrid Vs Chelsea (CL) Wed 27 Sep 2017 KO 19:45 GMT

coco
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

2 minutes ago, evissy said:
4 minutes ago, Jonty said:
Amazing performance, can't remember us dominating a world-class side like that in Europe away from home for a long, long time.

To be completely fair Atletico soaks the pressure and hits you back but today we had Kante and Baka facing them. Impressive from us but possession is not their game or ours for that matter.

Not the last time we played them, they've dominated mostly all of the games against us as I recall. I don't think I've ever seen us that dominant away from home against a big European side.

As the rest of the premier league moves to 343, Chelsea move on again to fit the players we have rather than the formation of the moment.

I said it a at half time. Best CL away performance of dominant possession football I can recall. 

Apart from the penalty Luiz was excellent. In fact everyone was. 

Costa's face 

4 minutes ago, just said:

Two things that were made obvious tonight Baka is a massive upgrade on Matic in every respect and Morata is a much better footballer than Costa has ever been.

He as outstanding tonight, he and kante have a great understanding already after only a few games. You can see why Conte wanted him as kante partner, it works fantastically well. What a signing.

3 minutes ago, just said:

Two things that were made obvious tonight Baka is a massive upgrade on Matic in every respect and Morata is a much better footballer than Costa has ever been.

Must concur with that. Baka is such an athlete compared to Matic and although he has mistakes in him and he's still learning he is twice as effective. 

Morata just adds so many more options to our play makers and I'll never miss that faux hard man image that costa liked to display.

1 minute ago, just said:

I thought Bakayoko was class tonight. Got in their faces, made use of those long legs with his tackling, and he's quick at moving the ball on too. He still needs to iron out the silly mistakes but he's got everything to be a world class player.

Morata could be something special though. We could have one those strikers that just has it, like previous greats of the Champions League.

5 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Not the last time we played them, they've dominated mostly all of the games against us as I recall. I don't think I've ever seen us that dominant away from home against a big European side.

Agree with that - we've just witnessed something a bit special, even looking back at what the 2012 team achieved we have rarely taken the game to top class opposition like that away from home. I'm just buzzin' - we are contenders!Dancing Guy

Edited by carrickblue
added emoticon

WOW. Hazard was truly breathtaking tonight and the more I see Morata, he is impressing me more and more and think he is going to turn out a Chelsea legend. He has everything and caused Atletico tons of problems. If there was ever a game to show how lethal a partnership, Hazard and Morata are going to be, this was it. Over the moon. Before the game would have taken a draw, but after the game, considering how we outplayed them, a draw would have been unjust. We were the clear deserved winners.

Bring on City!

3 minutes ago, coco said:

such praise from Gerrard, "never seen any team, even Barca and RM, rip atletico apart like Chelsea did tonight"

that's a bit much. there were some cringey comments from the commentator with savage tonight being overly praiseful. we played very well, but ripped them apart we didn't. 

3 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Actually, even the semifinal loss against them could turn out differently if Jose didn't try to defend then shut up shop after we scored the first goal. 

Still prefer Costa to Morata, Ray Wilkins? Definitely been on the beers.

Fantastic, confident, dominating, so many superlatives for that match. For years under Mourinho we cowered away to the big teams but we now have the strength and power in midfield to outmuscle most sides and two geniuses going forward in Hazard and Morata! Great time to be a blue!

9 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

You said we wouldn't score if we didn't change the shape. We didn't change the shape and equalised, changed personal and didn't change the formantion and scored the winner. So we didn't actually do what you suggested at all.

My point was clear Batman was gonna score goals even in the first half.

We were going to be robbed , if not for batman