Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Sign in to follow this  
Mod Stark

Server Maintenance - Tomorrow night

5 minutes ago, moi said:

Nor would a male stripper!  With your striking good looks, @coco, you should consider that as a career option!

Ok i admit it. Good looks left me years ago. But the sense of humour has replaced it. Not a bad deal really, it's good to make people laugh.

Valerie and moi like this

43 minutes ago, coco said:

Ok i admit it. Good looks left me years ago. But the sense of humour has replaced it. Not a bad deal really, it's good to make people laugh.

I would much rather have a man who makes me laugh than a man who makes me drool!  You can laugh all day - it's a bit exhausting to drool all day!

yorkleyblue likes this

Just now, moi said:

I would much rather have a man who makes me laugh than a man who makes me drool!  You can laugh all day - it's a bit exhausting to drool all day!

I'll take your word for it.

moi likes this

15 minutes ago, moi said:

What's wrong with having both in a man? And what's with the "all day" thing, an hour or 2 max every other day, I'd say. Add an hour per week to do techy stuff I can't manage myself, and it's the beginning of a beautiful friendship :smile:

moi likes this

On 11/26/2017 at 05:31, startedwithglenn said:

I can't stand it, so much so that I will probably stay away if it is a "must have" rather than optional.

Install TamperMonkey (Chrome) or GreaseMonkey (Firefox), and add this simple userscript: https://gist.github.com/undertow25/02adc25b08446f2277dc15cf426c7e3a/raw/db28757547e5302b5af47c79d10d21145fddf1ec/remove_TSE_sidebar.user.js

18 hours ago, Zeta said:

You can also do what I did if you have adblock installed, just right click the sidebar and block it as an ad.

Done that, thanks. 

14 minutes ago, Mod Stark said:

I didn't realise it was that much of an issue.

It's an irritation/distraction visually for me.

I also like to be in control of the content I consume. For example the other day one of the new posts was from the non football section and someone discussing the cricket. Now cricket is irrelevant to me but there are many other sports that are not that could also be potentially being discussed that I would not like to see unexpectedly for several reasons.

I also from a forum point of view fail to see what it brings as in my mind it will only surely lead to many posts effectively being ignored if attention is only immediately brought to the most recent posts and they draw a direct reply. It could lead to several posts on the same subject being bypassed that would otherwise be read and potentially replied to in normal circumstances.

So what you are really saying is that it is deterring you from using the 'View new content' link where you have it set to display only certain things?

All you need to do is raise the issue buddy, you don't have to threaten to leave. I'd rather lose the sidebar than have people using adblock that will hinder contributions to next years hosting fee's. I'll lose it.

@coco It only displays on desktop, mobile/tablet it's not showing

coco likes this