12 hours ago, dansubrosa said:

Surprised to see there isn’t any threads on the game, anyone play it?

I posted this in another thread:

"For anyone who hasn't yet bought Fifa 18 this a little prewarning, the game has a few bugs and not really worth getting at the moment until they are fixed in my opinion.  So far I have encountered:

- Career mode.  For some reason when you sell players or sign players on a precontract, they don't actually join/leave your club.  Actually trying to sign a player is really tough.  When a player is sold, there wages aren't added to the wage pot.  This is really frustrating when trying to play a career with a team like Doncaster.

- Finesse shot bug.  If like me, you remap your button layout, for some reason it causes a glitch with finesse shot.  No matter how much power you apply to a shot, the bar fills up and the ball is skyed over the bar."

Hope this helps :smile:

Playing NBA2K18 this year and it reminds me of how little EA think of their loyal fanbase. The series has been stagnant since Fifa 13 and has come to a point where I am willing to spend the money every other year to see at least some sort of progress to the game. What did they add this year? Cutscenes to contract negotiations? That must've been hard work fitting it all in the game in 12 months.

On 10/21/2017 at 12:20, Fendieta said:

I posted this in another thread:

"For anyone who hasn't yet bought Fifa 18 this a little prewarning, the game has a few bugs and not really worth getting at the moment until they are fixed in my opinion.  So far I have encountered:

- Career mode.  For some reason when you sell players or sign players on a precontract, they don't actually join/leave your club.  Actually trying to sign a player is really tough.  When a player is sold, there wages aren't added to the wage pot.  This is really frustrating when trying to play a career with a team like Doncaster.

- Finesse shot bug.  If like me, you remap your button layout, for some reason it causes a glitch with finesse shot.  No matter how much power you apply to a shot, the bar fills up and the ball is skyed over the bar."

Hope this helps :smile:

To help you out with that, they actually join in January. I signed Alex Sandro on a pre contract and he came the following January, i signed Marcelo (similar style player) until i could get Alex in.

I've had it lying around for a while... Not got around to playing it. Two minds. Not even sure I want to. 

It's alright with other games, you play them for a bit till you've clocked the thing and that's that.

Football manager, Pes, FIFA, they suck you in and make you spend far too much time on them.

(I still had to go and buy it though, didn't I?)

On 28/12/2017 at 15:18, Sun zhi said:

I've had it lying around for a while... Not got around to playing it. Two minds. Not even sure I want to. 

It's alright with other games, you play them for a bit till you've clocked the thing and that's that.

Football manager, Pes, FIFA, they suck you in and make you spend far too much time on them.

(I still had to go and buy it though, didn't I?)

I’ve been playing it but it’s getting quite boring. For a game series that doesn’t change much every year you’d have thought they’d have managed to iron out stupid bugs at very least. Just another lazy EA money making scheme. 

I got every Fifa in the past few years, but the lack of development of the game didn't justify it to buy this one. Prefer FM right now.

Gave it a go last night.

First thing I did was switch off the racket (ie. EA track)...

Started a career mode. With Chelsea of course.

Put Pedro, Luiz, Batshuayi, and a couple of others up for sale. They give you about 87m to start off with.

Negotiations

One of thing I will say is these negotiations they've added a nice dimension to the game. Honestly quite difficult to get a deal in the bag and quite satisfying when it's done... Sitting there with Woy on the 6th occasion trying to agree a fee for Zaha...

It's actually quite tense. :p  If you bid too low sometimes they actually just get up and leave in a huff. L

...Especially when the deadline is a day away, and you're a winger short... Trying to sell enough players and negotiating the right price is bad enough, when I finally managed to agree a (33m) deal for Zaha, I had to then negotiate personal terms and there's only 46,000 I can offer in wages... :| And the whole thing breaks down despite my best efforts bat tinkering with the options I can offer.

Still, I think I did alright...

Transfers

Bought in:

Fekir (Lyon) 44m

Belotti (Torino) 46m

Vincent Aboubakar (Porto) (Batshuayi + 7m)

Alex Telles (Porto) 28m

Jesus Corona (Porto) 29.5m (after failing to land Zaha).

Locadia (PSV) 12m  (last minute... 4th striker)

Recalled Zouma

Even put in a cheeky bid for one Andy Carroll. :p  ... also had a first offer of 18m heartily accepted by Fat Sam for superstar scouser Ross Barkley, only for the deal to break down over lack of wages I could offer during the contract negotiations.

Shipped Out:

Luiz 37.5m (Liverpool)

Pedro 35m (Leicester)

Batshuayi (p/x Porto)

Kenedy 7.5m (Wolves) 

Moses 22.5m (West Brom) - Didn't fit in the 4-2-4 formation, so had to let go... :|

Final Squad

(GK)

Courtois/ Cabellaro / Eduardo

----------

(DEF)

Telles / Alonso

Rudiger / Zouma

Christensen / Cahill

Azpilicueta / Zappacosta

----------

(CM)

Kante / Drinkwater

Bakayoko / Fabregas

----------

(WG/FWD)

Hazard / Jesus Corona

Fekir / Willian

----------

(ST)

Morata

Belotti

Aboubakar

Locadia

On 1/7/2018 at 20:10, Sun zhi said:

Gave it a go last night.

First thing I did was switch off the racket (ie. EA track)...

Started a career mode. With Chelsea of course.

Put Pedro, Luiz, Batshuayi, and a couple of others up for sale. They give you about 87m to start off with.

Negotiations

One of thing I will say is these negotiations they've added a nice dimension to the game. Honestly quite difficult to get a deal in the bag and quite satisfying when it's done... Sitting there with Woy on the 6th occasion trying to agree a fee for Zaha...

It's actually quite tense. :p  If you bid too low sometimes they actually just get up and leave in a huff. L

...Especially when the deadline is a day away, and you're a winger short... Trying to sell enough players and negotiating the right price is bad enough, when I finally managed to agree a (33m) deal for Zaha, I had to then negotiate personal terms and there's only 46,000 I can offer in wages... :| And the whole thing breaks down despite my best efforts bat tinkering with the options I can offer.

Still, I think I did alright...

Transfers

Bought in:

Fekir (Lyon) 44m

Belotti (Torino) 46m

Vincent Aboubakar (Porto) (Batshuayi + 7m)

Alex Telles (Porto) 28m

Jesus Corona (Porto) 29.5m (after failing to land Zaha).

Locadia (PSV) 12m  (last minute... 4th striker)

Recalled Zouma

Even put in a cheeky bid for one Andy Carroll. :p  ... also had a first offer of 18m heartily accepted by Fat Sam for superstar scouser Ross Barkley, only for the deal to break down over lack of wages I could offer during the contract negotiations.

Shipped Out:

Luiz 37.5m (Liverpool)

Pedro 35m (Leicester)

Batshuayi (p/x Porto)

Kenedy 7.5m (Wolves) 

Moses 22.5m (West Brom) - Didn't fit in the 4-2-4 formation, so had to let go... :|

Final Squad

(GK)

Courtois/ Cabellaro / Eduardo

----------

(DEF)

Telles / Alonso

Rudiger / Zouma

Christensen / Cahill

Azpilicueta / Zappacosta

----------

(CM)

Kante / Drinkwater

Bakayoko / Fabregas

----------

(WG/FWD)

Hazard / Jesus Corona

Fekir / Willian

----------

(ST)

Morata

Belotti

Aboubakar

Locadia

Well that's FIFA in a nutshell.  Shipped out the entire team for a new one.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Van Butsen said:

Well that's FIFA in a nutshell.  Shipped out the entire team for a new one.

Hahaha... 

Five out. Six in. Most of them for squad depth... 1 fullback, 2 AMs and 3 strikers. Needed for the 2 striker formation.

Arsenal just nicked Azpilicueta. He had a release clause I knew nothing about. £74m! 

Anyway...

(Ps. The defending mechanics in this game are atrocious. Against the AI especially. The gameplay between this and PES, no contest for me. PES So much better. Just a shame everything else is lacking.)

Edited by Sun zhi

@Sun zhi I highly doubt Azpi would ever do that in real life haha!

I held off for so long but finally caved on the weekend and bought it. I agree the defending is certainly different, I feel less in control but also feel like I’m less likely to concede a lot.. kind of strange. 

I have noticed a couple cool things like Sunderland playing 10 behind the ball and sitting off which is pretty realistic.  I never bought into the FUT stuff but I’m sort of giving it a go on this one whilst also doing my career. 

Anyone play Ultimate Team in here?

I’ve been following the trading tips online and it’s quite fun although at times, annoying. Slowly gaining a super team however. 

PS4. I used to have Xbox however everyone switched to PlayStation and the market and sheer level of players makes it a better experience for me. 

If you’re on squad battles on a high level, yeah it goes the correct way constantly. 

Its impossible to beat the keeper from a penalty on ultimate. Legendary is 50/50. 

On 28/02/2018 at 03:49, Demonrjm said:

PS4. I used to have Xbox however everyone switched to PlayStation and the market and sheer level of players makes it a better experience for me. 

Same, I played XBox since the original back in 2002 I think is when it came out. I switched over to the PS4 in 2016 and I like the PS4 a lot better.

On 27/07/2018 at 15:31, chiefBlueCFC said:

Same, I played XBox since the original back in 2002 I think is when it came out. I switched over to the PS4 in 2016 and I like the PS4 a lot better.

Do you play ultimate team?

On 28/07/2018 at 13:48, Demonrjm said:

Do you play ultimate team?

I played it a little in FIFA 17 but haven't since... I used to play it all the time but got tired of the lag due to my internet and people quitting in 75th minute if they were losing.

Think I'll be doing PES again this year.  Last few FIFA's haven't really done enough for me.   Would love to do a SHED END League if anyones interested.

On ‎30‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 17:28, chiefBlueCFC said:

I played it a little in FIFA 17 but haven't since... I used to play it all the time but got tired of the lag due to my internet and people quitting in 75th minute if they were losing.

I find it annoying if im smashing them and in the groove, but if I am only one or two up im delighted if they quit.