Chelsea vs Everton (LC) 25th October 2017 19:45 KO

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

2 hours ago, didierforever said:

The fact that somehow you are insinuating that Cahill was responsible for the goal. Cahill played and we won and him in the team was the right decision to give azpi and luiz time off.

No one is arguing that we should have rested luiz and azpi. I honestly dont care if Cahill starts our carling cup games. We should protect the important players. I never insinuated he was responsible for the goal just saying I cant be suprised  we concede with him in the team

15 hours ago, Tom_cfc said:

I think Chelsea played well today, a lot different in style of play to how they was on Saturday. The defence were as whole s lot better just slipped at the end. Drinkwater played well for his first game, Ethan ampadu showed some good things to come from him and will only progress with more game time and batshuayi done a few things to answer his critics by holding the ball up but overall a good display, looking forward to the draw now 

A Win is all that counts at this level, and we got the job done, on another point, what a poor turnout from Everton fans, about 1800!!! Pathetic really, mind you I never rated there away support, had some poor numbers come to the bridge in the 80's when they were going for the title a number of times. Blackburn and Stoke away in recent years in league cup and we took 5k away, when was the last time we didn't sell out home or away in league cup? Never get any credit from anywhere for that.

Edited by chi blue

16 hours ago, mad_mac said:

game of two halves, etc.

Really glaring just how easy it is for teams to pressure us in our own half, and we will concede possession by either hoofing it up field, or misplace a pass to one of their players.  I think a lot of other teams will know that about us now, especially after Roma, Watford, and now this second half.

Strangely I never felt like we were going to lose this one.  I did feel like we would fail to keep the clean sheet, and that is a worry.  I think Rudiger and Andreas look fantastic, and I'd probably have them with Cesar as my back 3.  Not to slam Cahill any more that he gets on here, but i just think those 3 are better suited than Gary is.  He is one of the main culprits for losing possession when the pressure is on.

I thought that the Drinkwater and Ampadu partnership in the middle was a fine display of what our back ups could do in the middle.  I also thought that the Cesc and Ampadu partnership showed that Cesc isn't suited to play in the middle 2 of a 3-4-3 formation.  I like his creativity and he assisted beautifully for Willian's goal, but his defending again was exposed tonight.  In fact, he and Willian were wandering around teh middle at one point looking completely lost.

Musonda, it was a shame he was bullied of the ball so much, and it's fair to say he failed to take his chance.  I thought Kenedy and Zappacosta were both very good.  Kenedy showing that he's ample back up for Alonso, and in my opinion Zappacosta showed he offers enough to maybe start ahead of Moses.  I think that will all depend on the opposition though, as Moses is a better defender.

Willian was good but fustrating.  Same for Batshuayi.  Pedro as energetic as ever.

Mainly, i'm concerned about teams pressing us.

The teams pressing us in our half is an issue because of our lack of Kante. Once he is fit and we are able to play Baka or Drinkwater next to him them we will be fine as both are athletic enough to handle the oppo pressing (this does mean Cesc has to drop to the bench and play 30/25 mins a game). 

As for my assessment of the players, I thought Drinkwater put in a good 45 mins and showed that he will be a good squad player for us and may surprise a few. Ampadu is an outragous prospect and if he can become more positionally disciplined (as he was drawn out to position a few times) he could become a bona fide squad option this season. Rudiger was decent but showed his rash side when picking up his yellow and another who gets drawn out of position by chasing the ball too much. Christensen, was Christensen and should really be playing ahead of Cahill. Willy showed he is a able deputy. Musonda and Willian were disppointting and did not influence the game enough. Zappacosta showed again he is a good option in games with the ball but not so much without it (also he shoukd never take thrown ins). Bats once again proved he is a super sub sort of player. Kenedy was solid if unspectacular.

That said, all in all, it was a decent performance from the fringe team as I had expected to go out. 

25 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Lol they made a mistake though it was supposed to be at old Trafford!

Four biggest teams kept apart for semi finals, but to keep some interest in this round, the low league team are drawn at home to the biggest so there is a fairytale tie, it's so pathetic you couldn't make it up, it's an insult to us fans intelegance that the football authorities think we don't notice, football is so corrupt and rotten to the core! And we still pay fortunes following our team.

On 26/10/2017 at 05:22, Qaz said:

I think we'll lose this....

Sorry....

Glad to be wrong 

Alway nice to get a result in the Caramel Cup* (the most delicious of the cups)

* Yes I know it's Carabao. Caramel sounds tastier

Edited by Guest