Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Sign in to follow this  
IliyaKrostin

January Window 17/18

14 minutes ago, TomCFC85 said:

I'm 90% certain Conte will leave at the end of the season.

Probably. It's a shame, but we don't know if there's unrest because the board didn't back him fully, or the board didn't back him fully because there was already unrest. But at this point, with all that's been said, and no contract extension signed, it's hard to believe he really wants to stay for long.

who's this arthur melo, young brazilian centre mid? talented apparently and on our radar, but also being tracked by barcelona - and he's a barca fan. 

lemar would be great. i thought he looked one of the best of monaco's players and he's left footed so ideal for the right wing and cutting in. not sure he's as important as a lwb though. lwb is our weakest position. 

2 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Alex Sandro and Lemar rumours picking up a lot recently. Putting money we don't get either of them and they both end up at a rival?

Can't see Sandro moving until the summer, Lemar will cost at least £75m considering arsenal bid £90m for him on deadline day, which I doubt we would be willing to pay.

We seem reluctant to spend the really massive sums that are becoming the norm. 

Lemar is a good player, but unless he would be at lwb, his best position is where hazard plays in 343, as he has a deadly delivery from the left. 

There's some good left footed attackers in France, lemar, fekir, and malcom. 

15 hours ago, TomCFC85 said:

Because the German Ross Barkley isn't a natural winger...

Has played 90% of his professional career as a winger. Currently playing in a poor league for the best which is light years ahead of even the 2nd best team in the league (which just got ripped apart in the summer transfer window). All in all, hardly a great CV for the CM position. On the other hand, we have someone called RLC.

19 hours ago, ducavis said:

He is a bit of an enigma. You sense there is something there but he hasn’t been able to nail down one role. He is currently playing the Fabregas role behind Cavani/Mbappe/Neymar, and he has been brilliant with 80%+ successful passes. Hate to say this but would take the gamble at around the £30m mark.

I would say thats 30mil wasted. Rather save it and buy a world class player and give that slot to RLC, who is actually a CM and knows the league inside out.