Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

Vidahost - UK Web Hosting

coco

WBA Vs Chelsea (PL) Sat 18 Nov 2017 KO 15:00 GMT

Delighted with that back 3 played brilliant I thought, they weren't up to much offensively but our boys pushed up and were aggressive and Christensen in particular was excellent at taking the ball out from the back.

Solid all around from everyone else and Eden, fab and morata showed their class.

Full steam ahead for mid week and then the pool 

Theafonis and erskblue like this

Went to the game today, I thought the display from the team was excellent the defence have a great sequence. Alonso played really really well, found loads of space on the wing. I reckon cesc upped his game and he did play well. The link up with hazard morata and kante is working really well. Very pleased with the win things are looking up let’s crack this busy period and gain some valuable points 

I said a while ago that Andreas Christiansen was the best young defender I had seen since John Terry and I keep getting more and more impressed by him.

The biggest complainant I can give him is that you would never know we have a 21 year old centre half starting in the middle of our back three and keeping out arguably the best defender in the league last season.

He goes completely unnoticed and I mean that in a really good way. He does the simple things really well am his reading of the game is exemplary. 

An absolute star 

ashwin, mojo, Cone and 6 others like this

Really wanted to go to the match today but great result, Morata and Hazard link up looks good, long may it continue and improve. Morata is still adjusting to being kicked week in week out. The way we are playing at the moment Bakayoko is getting a lot of chances to get forward into dangerous positions but he seems to have no end product, hopefully that will change. Glad to see Alonso play well as I did worry about his lack of competition in his position.

One of the best performances we've produced all season, so that was excellent to watch.

Clearly in third now and breathing down Manchester United's neck. Considering the shaky start we had at the beginning of the season, I think we've rebounded quite well.

Edited by Jezz

A solid performance by the whole team. Conte has found  the right combination to start with. Carry on like this and we have all the possibilities to reach second place in this years' PL.

There was an astounding moment late in the game where Yacob scythed down Christensen with a really nasty challenge, a really unnecessary challenge and a borderline red. What does the ref do? Instead of just brandishing the card, he points to all these different areas of the pitch, to show that it was an accumulation of fouls that had forced him to get out the yellow, rather than the foul in isolation. Perhaps if he had booked Yacob for one of those earlier fouls he wouldn't have tried to injure Christensen, but as usual the ref was far more tolerant towards our opponents than he was to us. Yacob had been brought on at half-time simply to kick lumps out of us, as Morata will no doubt testify. Eventually, with minutes remaining, Morata had a go back, and what does the ref do? Books him for his first foul, just like he booked Hazard for his first foul despite the fact he had allowed West Brom to kick lumps out of him at will. Then there was the penalty claim, where he booked Fabregas, when there was clear contact. That's right ladies and gents, I've come to the conclusion the referee's a c**t.

Anyway moving on, Morata, Hazard, Dave and Kante are all at the top of their game. Fabregas really fits this system and we have a manager that's finally worked out a way to get the best out of him. Bakayoko played well and Christensen is class. Our confidence has picked up and we're on a run of wins in the Prem and we're playing well. Two big games coming up in the next six days. If we get a result in both we'll be in good shape.

Was at the game yesterday and played great football from front to back Like others have said Christensen is a future JT composed at the back and has stopped the silly goals being conceded. but I have to say how poor WBA were, spent more time trying to injure our players than rather play football. Ref was a joke let so many poor tackles go without booking any of their players then book Hazard lol. 

We could have and should have scored more.

On a side note why were some our supporters being removed from the ground?

Deino likes this

12 hours ago, robdog said:

Morata opened up that brommie defense like he was opening up a bag of Doritos 

I just realized he actually nutmegged a defender with that through ball to Hazard

The 3 man Midfield allows Fabregas to play more forward and get on the ball to play those sliding passes, he did it a few time yesterday he had a good game with Baka and Kante they dominated the midfield. All WBA could do was try and kick us off the pitch.

ashwin and robdog like this

I was very confident this was in the bag, WBA are crap and at the moment we've found our feet, not winning here would have been very unlikely. Now a tough week to focus on next week. 

16 hours ago, Sapper245 said:

Was at the game yesterday and played great football from front to back Like others have said Christensen is a future JT composed at the back and has stopped the silly goals being conceded. but I have to say how poor WBA were, spent more time trying to injure our players than rather play football. Ref was a joke let so many poor tackles go without booking any of their players then book Hazard lol. 

We could have and should have scored more.

On a side note why were some our supporters being removed from the ground?

A lot of fans were being removed for drinking in the stands

Sapper245 likes this

Best offensive game we had this season, the 352 is really clicking now. It's the right balance with solid midfield, one of the best passer in the game, an all around centre forward to lead the line, and the best dribbler with the freedom to roam around the field.

Not my concern, but who could WBA expect as a better manager? The likes of Allan Padrew and Shakespere are hardly an upgrade, and they aren't the type of team that likely to attract a foreign manager.