WBA Vs Chelsea (PL) Sat 18 Nov 2017 KO 15:00 GMT

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

If anyone's got any doubts about how one-sided the referee was on Saturday, please watch this video at 2mins05secs. You get the pleasure of watching the incident in question from a few angles. The defender has his arms around Morata. He's all over him. The ref is right there, a few feet away, looking straight at it. No foul.

4 hours ago, icecoolguy22 said:

Best offensive game we had this season, the 352 is really clicking now. It's the right balance with solid midfield, one of the best passer in the game, an all around centre forward to lead the line, and the best dribbler with the freedom to roam around the field.

Not my concern, but who could WBA expect as a better manager? The likes of Allan Padrew and Shakespere are hardly an upgrade, and they aren't the type of team that likely to attract a foreign manager.

Probably alardyce he is still free

7 hours ago, Phillip said:

Wow, that was bad.  Grabbing and holding on to Morata for about 10 seconds, and no foul called.

John Moss needs new specs.

Ohh come'on my man..........how long we gonna keep saying the refs need specs etc? These lizards.....these cockaroaches know exactly what they are doing. How else can you explain the said incident? He's right there.....looking at it for so long and somehow he missed the foul? These good for nothing knobs are both corrupt and incompetent. All the refs along with their superiors know damn well what they are doing.

I bet if you watch a full 90 minutes of a United, City, Spurs or whatever match you'll see plenty of incidents they get badly screwed over with too. 

Referees are getting worse because of the new ruling, everything is now subjective. There is no line, every year the punishment system seems to get harsher but referees don't know when to be lenient and when to be submissive to the rulings. The Phil Jones incident with Morata sums things up, you can't even have contact with a player anymore, too many people will argue for/against it. You had Graeme Souness justifying the referee decision saying that it was a foul, so it's clearly subjective and it's the referee's opinion. 

How on earth do you expect the referees to not be incompetent? It's the rules, they're sh*t. 

I reckon it's an English thing, referee subconsciously trying to level the playing field by letting the smaller teams get away with fouls, especially at home ground. I could reckon 1 if not more major decisions went against us in each of our away game, we may have got away with some, but overall after 12 games it hasn't balanced itself out yet by a long way. Some sort of Video Refer has to be in place soon, it won't be perfect but at least it will reduce the amount of terrible decisions

58 minutes ago, Slojo said:

I bet if you watch a full 90 minutes of a United, City, Spurs or whatever match you'll see plenty of incidents they get badly screwed over with too. 

Referees are getting worse because of the new ruling, everything is now subjective. There is no line, every year the punishment system seems to get harsher but referees don't know when to be lenient and when to be submissive to the rulings. The Phil Jones incident with Morata sums things up, you can't even have contact with a player anymore, too many people will argue for/against it. You had Graeme Souness justifying the referee decision saying that it was a foul, so it's clearly subjective and it's the referee's opinion. 

How on earth do you expect the referees to not be incompetent? It's the rules, they're sh*t. 

Agree. However, the problem doesn't lie in their making mistakes, or in the incompetence. It lies in the referees not having any public accountability, and in the complete lack of transparency in their decisions. It lies in ancient rigid rules that do not allow yellow cards to be rescinded, or decisions to be taken back at least after a game when clearly wrong. So much more wrong with the system, the football associations really needs to become slightly more democratic. 

2 hours ago, ashwin said:

Agree. However, the problem doesn't lie in their making mistakes, or in the incompetence. It lies in the referees not having any public accountability, and in the complete lack of transparency in their decisions. It lies in ancient rigid rules that do not allow yellow cards to be rescinded, or decisions to be taken back at least after a game when clearly wrong. So much more wrong with the system, the football associations really needs to become slightly more democratic. 

It sounds good because it’s annoying seeing referees make the same mistake after mistake. But that’ll build even more pressure on them, that’ll only create the Ferguson effect again, referees afraid of giving penalties for home teams with big stadiums and just big sides in general. 

I think that’s definitely something to think of, I personally think the rules are ridiculous. Goalkeeper is always given benefit of the doubt, fouling in the box is too lenient, so much inconsistency there. For what you see as a foul outside the box 7/10 that won’t be a foul for inside the box. 

Also ridiculously soft fouls, the Sterling penalty against Arsenal for instance. That’s not a foul outside the box or anywhere to begin with. The sport has become ridiculously soft & transparent. Why is everything so grey, vague & debatable? It shouldn’t be so complex all the time. I’m sick of hearing pundits being 50/50 because nobody knows what the rules are for that specific foul. The system is far too progressive, when the decision should really be more binary, just a straight yes or no foul. 

We should also get a released public statement after the match from every referee and match official regarding justification and reason for every foul & decision they made. That’ll make a lot of progress and stop leaving so many in the dark. 

Edited by Slojo

21 minutes ago, yorkleyblue said:

Sterling went over with a defender - penalty.  Moratta man-handled over in about the same way against West Brom - nothing given. Some f**king consistency would be nice.  The sooner we get video referees, the better as far as I'm concerned.

I kind of agree but I do love being traditional, sometimes I love the good ole controversy now and then. :blush2:

7 hours ago, Valerie said:

:face_palm:  Not over the top at all

Over the top?........They are ruining every game......every game. They get paid so well......doesnt have to answer to anyone......they can destroy any team with no accountability. Teams and players Work their behinds off only to get a big dildo by the refs. Make no mistake, these Guys are vermin. Any Chelsea supporter ought to see we constantly on the receiving end of these refs and their masters. Sure mistakes happen.....they too are human, but what we are witnessing is way way beyond that.

1 hour ago, atomis said:

Over the top?........They are ruining every game......every game. They get paid so well......doesnt have to answer to anyone......they can destroy any team with no accountability. Teams and players Work their behinds off only to get a big dildo by the refs. Make no mistake, these Guys are vermin. Any Chelsea supporter ought to see we constantly on the receiving end of these refs and their masters. Sure mistakes happen.....they too are human, but what we are witnessing is way way beyond that.

Vermin... riiiiight. You're being totally ridiculous. Chill, and get some perspective. 

1 hour ago, Valerie said:

Vermin... riiiiight. You're being totally ridiculous. Chill, and get some perspective. 

YEah I'll get some perspective once I see they are doing sh*t to improve this disaster. And is it really ridiculous to call these rerfs out? The same refs WHO game in and out are so poor. Every damn season and its getting worse, not better. I say do as France did, take every ref in PL and demote them.....those WHO are under them come up to the PL. No my friend, whats ridiculous is your acceptance that they are all good and proper and we should not vent any anger towards their utter incompetance and their everlasting blindness.

13 hours ago, atomis said:

YEah I'll get some perspective once I see they are doing sh*t to improve this disaster. And is it really ridiculous to call these rerfs out? The same refs WHO game in and out are so poor. Every damn season and its getting worse, not better. I say do as France did, take every ref in PL and demote them.....those WHO are under them come up to the PL. No my friend, whats ridiculous is your acceptance that they are all good and proper and we should not vent any anger towards their utter incompetance and their everlasting blindness.

All that rage, from a bad reader as well. Never mind, you just go on raging and childish name calling. Just wondering about the inflation of namecalling. When referees are cockroaches and vermin, what would others who actually hurt other people be called by you :rolleyes:

6 hours ago, Valerie said:

All that rage, from a bad reader as well. Never mind, you just go on raging and childish name calling. Just wondering about the inflation of namecalling. When referees are cockroaches and vermin, what would others who actually hurt other people be called by you :rolleyes:

No no my friend.......when I call them out im still within the context of the overall game. And you dont wanna know what I think about real vermin like dictators etc, I have lived under one back in Iran. Anyhow what I mean mate, these refs have too much power and they are abusing that power to the max with their so called blindness and incompetence......with zero accountability. And you wont see video tech in PL for a long time yet.

1 minute ago, atomis said:

No no my friend.......when I call them out im still within the context of the overall game. And you dont wanna know what I think about real vermin like dictators etc, I have lived under one back in Iran. Anyhow what I mean mate, these refs have too much power and they are abusing that power to the max with their so called blindness and incompetence......with zero accountability. And you wont see video tech in PL for a long time yet.

In short, you're an angry person. Good luck with that.

32 minutes ago, Valerie said:

In short, you're an angry person. Good luck with that.

So just because I have had enough of these refs WHO constantly punish us for no reason........makes me an angry person. I hope your not a shrink.......cuz you failed badly.

2 hours ago, Munkworth said:

The World Health Organisation have never punished us for anything yet you constantly bring them up...

Its my damn keyboard......everytime I write WHO......it comes up as you see it. Weird.....maybe software issue?