coco

Liverpool Vs Chelsea (PL) Sat 25 Nov 2017 KO 17:30 GMT

Salah and Mane will cause us all sorts of problems, and will probably target Alonso's side, if Klopp does any pre-game research at all. I can see them pressing us high up the field like they did last year and we may struggle to keep the ball, so we'll need Morata on his game to hold it up well when it comes to him.

25 minutes ago, yorkleyblue said:

That's as maybe @Nibs I wasn't that convinced at the time, and am still of the opinion that he showed nothing special whilst with us.  Like a lot of players, he improved but, also like a lot of players, didn't do enough while with us to justify a place.  Look at Matic - wasn't CFC standard and got sold.  Vastly improved whilst away, and got bought back and was excellent.  Went down a bit lately, but that's another matter.

AND, I still think KdB is a flawed player who happens to be playing in an excellent team which matches his skill set.  I maintain that his decision-making is dubious at best and he goes missing in the big games

KDB only made 3 appearances for us. Most Chelsea fans were screaming out for him to get more playing time because he was brilliant during his loan to Werder Bremen - one of the best players in the Bundesliga that season. He then carried on the brilliant form at Wolfsburg. He's been the best player at Genk, Werder Bremen, Wolfsburg and now City - but only got 3 appearances for us. Jose has to take the blame for that one. Salah, Lukaku, Ake and Chalobah leaving didn't bother me and still doesn't - but I'm gutted about KDB!

31 minutes ago, DannyVblue said:

KDB only made 3 appearances for us. Most Chelsea fans were screaming out for him to get more playing time because he was brilliant during his loan to Werder Bremen - one of the best players in the Bundesliga that season. He then carried on the brilliant form at Wolfsburg. He's been the best player at Genk, Werder Bremen, Wolfsburg and now City - but only got 3 appearances for us. Jose has to take the blame for that one. Salah, Lukaku, Ake and Chalobah leaving didn't bother me and still doesn't - but I'm gutted about KDB!

That's just with hindsight.  "Most Chelsea fans were screaming out for him to get more playing time" is just not true.  Wander back through the threads in here at the time and you'll see.  The best player at Genk and Weder Bremen doesn't actually say much. like being the best player at Bolton or West Ham.  He might well have improved at Wolfsburg, but what is their level?  And you are wrong again, he's not the best player at City either, just a good fit for their team and style. 

There is a reason that he only got 3 appearances with us (if that is in fact the case), and that wasn't because he was ginger or didn't buy Jose a pint at the summer barbecue, it was because he was mostly pants and not good enough to displace first team members. FFS, he was the worst player on the pitch against the mighty Swindon Town.

I'll accept that he is better now than then, but still maintain that he wasn't good enough for a first team place at the time, showed nothing exceptional to say he would be and wasn't patient enough or hard-working enough to force his way into the team by his skill and ability.

45 minutes ago, yorkleyblue said:

That's just with hindsight.  "Most Chelsea fans were screaming out for him to get more playing time" is just not true.  Wander back through the threads in here at the time and you'll see.  The best player at Genk and Weder Bremen doesn't actually say much. like being the best player at Bolton or West Ham.  He might well have improved at Wolfsburg, but what is their level?  And you are wrong again, he's not the best player at City either, just a good fit for their team and style. 

There is a reason that he only got 3 appearances with us (if that is in fact the case), and that wasn't because he was ginger or didn't buy Jose a pint at the summer barbecue, it was because he was mostly pants and not good enough to displace first team members. FFS, he was the worst player on the pitch against the mighty Swindon Town.

I'll accept that he is better now than then, but still maintain that he wasn't good enough for a first team place at the time, showed nothing exceptional to say he would be and wasn't patient enough or hard-working enough to force his way into the team by his skill and ability.

City have such a good squad YB that it is hard to say who is their best player - so many to choose from. The widespread opinion is that up to this point in the season, KDB has been their standout player and many believe that if City do win the PL this season, then he will be crowned player of the season.

1 hour ago, yorkleyblue said:

That's where you're wrong. Maybe in your little bubble KDB wasn't rated, but he was very highly rated by me and the lads at the time, no one could understand why he wasn't playing. You made you're opinion on KDB in 3 games in a Chelsea shirt. Very harsh.

4 hours ago, yorkleyblue said:

I don't think it's specifically "Salah-bashing".  When he was here, he was dog-sh*t bad.  He went elsewhere, and appears to have got better.  It happens.

It was flat out Salah bashing.

I said it at the time and have said it since.  He did not get near enough time on the field for anyone to make a judgement on him.  The supporters of Salah said there wasn't enough to go on, but certainly didn't write him off, while the opposing views were that he was a terrible terrible player.  I remember it clearly.  There was no compromise from the other side of the fence and they bashed him any chance they could get with one gif of him missing the target (by a long long way, but everyone's has been there).  Very typical of twitter/this forum in general at the time.

Salah had one of the worst performances from a single player in the history of Chelsea football club. I don't care what he does in Liverpool or what he's done for Roma. He was bad for us and that just a damn fact. You cannot let people that are playing nothing for 2 seasons. Thats just not the way football works. 

Plus, we've got Hazard. Compare him to Hazard. Do you still regret for this piece of scrub? You all know how much I don't like Alonso. But he will handle the egyption with his eyes closed, no matter he is 10 times slower than him. Because Salah is still an average player among scrubs. Speed, speed, speed... nothing else. 

5 minutes ago, Pendergast said:

Salah had one of the worst performances from a single player in the history of Chelsea football club. I don't care what he does in Liverpool or what he's done for Roma. He was bad for us and that just a damn fact. You cannot let people that are playing nothing for 2 seasons. Thats just not the way football works. 

Plus, we've got Hazard. Compare him to Hazard. Do you still regret for this piece of scrub? You all know how much I don't like Alonso. But he will handle the egyption with his eyes closed, no matter he is 10 times slower than him. Because Salah is still an average player among scrubs. Speed, speed, speed... nothing else. 

Speed, speed, speed... and a sh*t tonne of goals. You seem a bit blinded by hate or jealousy but you can't deny he hasn't developed into a better player. 

As for the Chelsea part, yes he was pretty poor. That being said, most players would be if they don't play for months then are given a 45 minute cameo on a poor pitch in the middle of the week against a physical opponent. A lot of good players get written off under Mourinho for the same reason, no faith. 

19 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Speed, speed, speed... and a sh*t tonne of goals. You seem a bit blinded by hate or jealousy but you can't deny he hasn't developed into a better player. 

As for the Chelsea part, yes he was pretty poor. That being said, most players would be if they don't play for months then are given a 45 minute cameo on a poor pitch in the middle of the week against a physical opponent. A lot of good players get written off under Mourinho for the same reason, no faith. 

45mins if he was lucky. 9 mins generally

1 hour ago, DannyVblue said:

That's where you're wrong. Maybe in your little bubble KDB wasn't rated, but he was very highly rated by me and the lads at the time, no one could understand why he wasn't playing. You made you're opinion on KDB in 3 games in a Chelsea shirt. Very harsh.

I didn't make an opinion, the club did, based on what he was doing day-to-day in training and what he did when given a chance.  It looks like no-one who actually knows what he was doing and how he performed thought that he was worth keeping at that time.  No doubt the view would be different now, but the rumours at the time were that he had a piss-poor attitude to training and wanted a first team place.  Midfield then was the likes of Lampard, Mata, Oscar, Schurrle.  Given how he was playing at the time, and how they were playing, which one of those would you have dropped for a load of matches to see if he was up to scratch?

7 hours ago, DannyVblue said:

What!  Cuadrado leaving didn't bother you?  

7 hours ago, yorkleyblue said:

You know at the time, I gave Jose the benefit of the doubt and thought that KDB probably was lacking something. We now know better. We know that Jose is well past it, doesn't care or plan about the long term at all and prefers a Fellaini to someone who can play football. 

If KDB emerged at Chelsea during the time of any other manager, he probably would have made it with us.

2 minutes ago, ashwin said:

You know at the time, I gave Jose the benefit of the doubt and thought that KDB probably was lacking something. We now know better. We know that Jose is well past it, doesn't care or plan about the long term at all and prefers a Fellaini to someone who can play football. 

If KDB emerged at Chelsea during the time of any other manager, he probably would have made it with us.

KdB does lack something, so far in his career hasn't had the bottle to take a tough game by the neck and win it when his team isn't playing well.

This is something that Mourinho and Troy Deeney rate highly, and personally I think he lacks Cajones 

Edited by PedroMendez

9 minutes ago, PedroMendez said:

KdB does lack something so far in his career hwhasn't had the bottle to take a tough game by the neck and win it when his team isn't playing well.

Perhaps, but Jose could hardly have known that then, could he? It was 3 games, and he was 22? He's still young enough to develop that part of his game.

See, there's knowing you may have made a mistake in hindsight and there's showing no foresight. And given what we know about Jose now, I will really not be surprised if he actually had a completely arbitrary reason for selling him. Many of us thought he was a special football but perhaps had an attitude issue then. I'm not so sure anymore.

2 minutes ago, ashwin said:

Perhaps, but Jose could hardly have known that then, could he? It was 3 games, and he was 22? He's still young enough to develop that part of his game.

No I agree with you on that KdB was the first loanee I actually tried to pay attention to he was playing so well on loan, and it was a shame he didn't suit Mourinho as there was clearly talent there.

But I don't have an issue with Mourinho for selling him as you need to play players that suit your system and given at that point he was't a star that you would want to build a system around, it was best for both parties to let him go.

IMO no point since the day KdB has left would he have massively improved the system and ethos we were playing with, and despite his current quality he would not have been the same player sitting on our bench.

Although I think he'd be great in what looks to be our new system of 3-5-2 with Kante and Bakayoko.

12 hours ago, yorkleyblue said:

We have 7 out of 12.  We only lost to City, and beat Spuds and the Mancs.  "Too many" is a bit strong I think.  Agree with the rest of your point, though.

3 big home games, lost one against City, beat United (great) and drew to Arsenal (TERRIBLE very beatable at the time) 

Spurs match we got the 3 points. So yeah you're right I am being harsh now that I've just gone through it, it's the Arsenal game on my mind that still eats me. 

9 hours ago, yorkleyblue said:

He should definitely have been given a chance at least. Even Juan Mata our player of the season the previous 2 years got the same treatment and sold to Man U. The point is Jose doesnt/didnt need creative players in his rigid counter attacking football and only appreciates hardworking flair players like Oscar and willian , thats why they both stayed and we sold Mata, KDB and Salah. 

Let that sink in . We sold mata Kdb salah and kept willian and Oscar

f**k MOURINHO